Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please..someone Gotta Know:>>edit Video
did you try turning your gain down all the way?

also is it the output RCA connection you plugged into? if so try the input lol...

and did you clear off the paint underneathe the seat belt bolt??? right down to the metal?

sounds like it could be a poor ground.. enough ground gets through to turn it on.. but as soon as the amp see's a load and draws more current..(even from the noise of the rca's W/O any signal going through them) it dosn't get enough ground and shuts down... VERY COMMON!!

[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
Well just went out and dug at it , the wires for the loc all seem to be right , Zed I also unhooked the ground and connected a larger ground wire and really scraped it good to the metal. Im going to make a video to show you guys what its doing now the light is red and I tried unplugging the rca plugs and it still is red , altho the subs are moving and if I move the gain higher they move harder but they wont hammer because of the red light . Is under the seatbelt anchor a good place for a ground ? you can hear like thump thump but its not workin , really hard to understand ... :(
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Videos , Hope you can hear what im hearing and maybe diagnose :( <_<

[Image: th_MOV00079.jpg]

[Image: th_MOV00081.jpg]

Ill have another one up in 10 15 min
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
[Image: th_MOV00080.jpg]

haha just noticed you could hear my uncle in this video lol
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
How are the subs connected inside the box? Are the 3 connected in parallel or series? You should check the impedance of the subs. If you've got a multimeter put it on resistance and with box disconnected from the amp connect the multimeter to the terminal posts. From the video the amp has outputs for a 4ohm subwoofer load. So if you're impedance is less than 4ohms that could be causing the problem.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Heres what i do, unplus your subs and rca see if the rred light is still on, (the red light being that the amp is in protect) if it goes green then hoock up the rcas if still green then the subs, on thing you are triing to run three sub of that amp it might no handle the impedance of the subs, but if with the rca and subs unplugd and its still red the amp is NO Good,
It my not be fast but its LOUD
The impedence on my sub box varies from 3.7 ohm to 3.9 ohm that a problem ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
amp is being exchanged see what that does , I just table tested it again with a different speaker and the battery pack and the lights still red the troubleshoot says if it stays red the mosfet is screwed ..
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
jesus , ok im mad lol wow hooked it all up put the amp on treble it would work but it wouldnt on flat or bass as soon as itouched freq and gain bam red light ... unhooked the subs and rca cables restarted car and still stays red ... doing the same as the last one
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Looking at videos and everthing else it seems to be internal. The amp just is not repsonding right. The only thing that is wrong is the way the you bridged the conncection, is it a 4/3/2/1 channel amp or 4/3/2.

Still when you have touched the gain it goes red again sounds like something inside. Do you have someone close by with an amp you can try. This would be a good way to test your wiring, if it sends another amp in protect something is wrong with the output from the deck, if not then you know the amp is the problem.
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
the amp wont go back green even in my buddys car so were scared to try another amp and ruin it .
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Well the Loc must be installed wrong , I tried another amp in my buddys car , it works and it works with my subs , the power ground and remote is working fine as soon as I plug in one of my rca wires the light goes red and if I unplug it it goes green , so im not plugging in both until i figure out whats wrong dont wanna screw another amp .. any ideas ? is 06 harness speaker wires different ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
seems like its the deck , tried the wires with a speaker and there the correct wires and I even tried a rca sliced in and still as soon as I plug in a rca it goes into protection , I am unaware why but thats what its doing .
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Well I tested the amplifier with rcas ran from my laptop and it works fine and hammers the subs like crazy. just got to figure out why the rcas wont work from the deck.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99