Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Job For Me Too...
So, basically, I've slaved away in a sweat-shop like network monitoring environment for the last three years. Well, I handed in my two weeks today... Man do I feel good!

I've taken a job with Toshiba Business Solutions, as an IT Service Technician. Basically, I go on-site and fix peoples broken stuff. Everything from Exchange to network installs. And, it's only Monday to Friday, 8 am until 4pm. No more midnights or weekends for me! Should be fun!

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Congrats. Hope it pans out well for you.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Congratulations! I might find myself in the same boat within a few years... hopefully.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Congrats, I know all to well what it's like to leave a s***ty job for a really decent one.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Welcome to the "good side" of IT - the days-only crowd.

Others like the night because of higher pay and/or more days off a week, but I say screw it. :)

Congrats on the new job!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Sounds like you're doing / were doing similar work to me.. I so far want to stab myself in the eye, and am waiting for a better job to come my way.. And it sounds like you found a better calling, good job !

the 8am-4:30 thing I do is driving me crazy, waking up at 6 in the morning isn't a 19 year old thing to do :| Especially getting closer to summer...
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
Congrats on getting out alive!

I have 4 more days left -- and I feel so much better now! I'm more relaxed, I can sleep a full night now without waking up dreading going to work in the morning, and just sort of a general state of euphoria.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I have 2 years, and about 2 months left of my current contract...not 100% sold on the Army as a longterm thing, but it's looking more like it all the time...

Congrats to U
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Congrats on getting a job with hours that you want to work, rather than you have to work craptastic hours :)

NefCanuck
Congrats on the new job Ryan! We'll have to get together some weekends or something! Hey have you taken up golf yet ?

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Update!

My current employer has come back to me... Looks like I'll be staying. They're giving in to my hours request, with an agreement that within the next two months I'll be moving into a new position as internal IT (Windows & VOIP support) rather than customer facing. Much more appealing to me.

Doesn't mean I can't keep looking though... :)

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
WEll it is nice to that you are love and respected at your job, and that they are willing to bend just to keep you around!
Great job! Now go for more money.. more money!! lol
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims