Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raleigh, Nc To Go Led..
Raleigh is looking to switch over to entirely LED lighting...

makes a pretty big diff in parking garages/street lighting...

before..
[Image: 3882_parkingdeckbefore.jpg]

after..
[Image: 3883_parkingdeckafter.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

thats a huge dif

one of the new parking garages that i drive by when im in detroit, must have these lights, cause it lights up the sky
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
well most parking garages use Metal halide or high pressure sodium for lights.

Metal Halide looks very white just like HID's
High pressure Sodium looks very bright yellow/amber.

there is also the old low pressure sodium, in the top picture in the parking light. these are very expensive and not very good light output.

[Image: SO%20SPD's.jpg]

I have never heard of the LED lighting for parking garages, but i'm sure it will be a huge savings over any of these other lights. Being too new might have its bugs, but i'm sure they will be resolved.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

and you won't have to replace bulbs!
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
mo_focus,Feb 14 2007, 06:37 PM Wrote:well most parking garages use Metal halide or high pressure sodium for lights.

Metal Halide looks very white just like HID's
High pressure Sodium looks very bright yellow/amber.[right][snapback]226930[/snapback][/right]
HPS lighting has the advantage of reliability in harsh outdoor environments and has a high lumens to watts ratio. While the light is indeed yellowish, in some appllications that is preferable to the bright white/blue that MH or Mercury Vapour lighting gives off. In some applications the glare can be distracting.

LED lighting I'm sure will be the norm after the price comes down even more.

Perdonally I'd like an end to flourescent lighting; if half the public knew the biohazard they are, there'd be protests.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Feb 15 2007, 12:00 AM Wrote:right]
HPS lighting has the advantage of reliability in harsh outdoor environments and has a high lumens to watts ratio. While the light is indeed yellowish, in some appllications that is preferable to the bright white/blue that MH or Mercury Vapour lighting gives off. In some applications the glare can be distracting.

LED lighting I'm sure will be the norm after the price comes down even more.

Perdonally I'd like an end to flourescent lighting; if half the public knew the biohazard they are, there'd be protests.
[right][snapback]226933[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

As an FM we usually get HPS in parking lots facing residential areas. Lot of ppl do complain about bright white lights. But the yellow light is ok with them.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

OAC_Sparky,Feb 14 2007, 07:00 PM Wrote:Perdonally I'd like an end to flourescent lighting; if half the public knew the biohazard they are, there'd be protests.
[right][snapback]226933[/snapback][/right]

A-men, in fact I had to give our buildings super a head shake through the property manager about this very thing. The dim bulb (pardon the pun) put dead flourescent lightbulbs in the recycling bins <_<

I had the management yank them out of there and offered to take them to hazardous materials drop off myself (I usually go once a year with a colection of dead batteries & the like)

NefCanuck
If you guys want a demo of what LED lighting looks like go down to Sherway Gardens and check it out it's bloody impressive how bright it can get in the middle of night.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
^^ That's good to know. Next time we're down, I will.

I want that s*** for my house.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.