Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Powerful Image.
[Image: PO-1_520x465x90.jpg]

This was a portrait a photographer in the U.S. did.

Kinda makes a good point doesn't it?
if the point is he's staring at her boobs....
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
I wonder if this is an actual wedding portrait or if it's just a photo shoot. If it is a wedding portrait, wonder how the marriage is... she doesn't look overly happy.

BTW ^^^ Jesus man WTF
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
SliverSteeda,Feb 9 2007, 02:22 PM Wrote:if the point is he's staring at her boobs....
[right][snapback]226279[/snapback][/right]

Wow.

Show a little compassion man. :(

How about I blow off your face and see how well you take a picture.
I think he is just too embarresed to even look at a camrea. :(
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

That really does bring home the point.

And Silversteeda, whats your deal?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

wow
really, really sad.
at least he made it home
any photo's of what he looked like before?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2007, 02:09 PM Wrote:
SliverSteeda,Feb 9 2007, 02:22 PM Wrote:if the point is he's staring at her boobs....

Wow.

[right][snapback]226284[/snapback][/right]
I am not compassionless, but a few points can be made by looking at the picture, depending on your political slant, opinion about war. It may be helpful to state what your particular point is and discuss it.

Is it:

1 ) The futility of war, this war, the Iraq war?
2 ) The war in Iraq is necessary to maintain our freedoms, including the right to marry?
3 ) Bush did this?
4 ) Osama did this?
5 ) Saddam did this?
6 ) Friendly fire did this?
7 ) This is the sacrifice that our soldiers make?
8 ) Was a lot of trouble to get a free education on the GI Bill?
9 ) He IS checking out her chest?
10 ) She doesn't look happy? Run!!
11 ) This is a Photoshop sought to inspire sympathy for the cause of
(i) the American military
(ii) the Iraqi military

There are 100 different ways to look at the picture, that's only eleven and a half.
What do YOU see in the picture? That is making the point for discussion.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Feb 9 2007, 06:22 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2007, 02:09 PM Wrote:

Wow.

[right][snapback]226284[/snapback][/right]
I am not compassionless, but a few points can be made by looking at the picture, depending on your political slant, opinion about war. It may be helpful to state what your particular point is and discuss it.

Is it:

1 ) The futility of war, this war, the Iraq war?
2 ) The war in Iraq is necessary to maintain our freedoms, including the right to marry?
3 ) Bush did this?
4 ) Osama did this?
5 ) Saddam did this?
6 ) Friendly fire did this?
7 ) This is the sacrifice that our soldiers make?
8 ) Was a lot of trouble to get a free education on the GI Bill?
9 ) He IS checking out her chest?
10 ) She doesn't look happy? Run!!
11 ) This is a Photoshop sought to inspire sympathy for the cause of
(i) the American military
(ii) the Iraqi military

There are 100 different ways to look at the picture, that's only eleven and a half.
What do YOU see in the picture? That is making the point for discussion.
[right][snapback]226291[/snapback][/right]

another point could be that they had a very happy relationship before he left, and now that he is back and in his current situation due to his country, his wife is no longer pleased at their relationship, possibly due to his looks now.
I get 2 points from this..........

1. Love is blind.

2. Is it worth the suffering of fellow Americans to fight this war

So Anthony, what is your point?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I know the U.S. military basically gives medals for learning how to pee in a toilet on a ship during 30m swells and also for learning how to pick your nose in said storm without ripping your nostril open, or for learning how to fart in code, but for that guy to have all those medals and stripes I'd have to say he is supposed to represent the father of a bride.
My brother is a lieutenant-commander and he is pretty well paid, and he knows what he's being paid for, as my father did in WWll and my Grandpop in WWl.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Too young to be her father. He's around 26 years old. The hash mark gives it away.

Personally, I'm going with:
1) love is blind.
2) maybe he is ashamed of his look (maybe his right side is worse and the photographer wasn't able to pose them together better), and is doing his best to have a wedding photo.
4) it is a photoshop to stir up the s***pot.
5) that kid is - roughly - 8 years younger than me, and has seen things that I couldn't come up with in my worst nightmares.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
For me it means that the stat of 3,000 + dead doesn't even begin to tell the tale of the human and personal cost of this war (and any war, for that matter) ... although the man in the photo would undoubtedly disagree with me, it could be that those who died might be better off for it considering the excruciating ordeal many of the survivors must endure for the rest of their lives.

I hope for his sake that he's still in the reconconstructive phase of his recovery and that he can still be made more whole.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
A family friend from the U.S. was in Iraq, he lost a leg and suffered burns to 70% of his body, thankfully for him not to his face, but he still has the mentality that he'd be better off dead. It's sad to hear him say that. He has a very hard time seeing anything but the negative side of things. Thanks George Dubya.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
focusracer,Feb 9 2007, 08:19 PM Wrote:A family friend from the U.S. was in Iraq, he lost a leg and suffered burns to 70% of his body, thankfully for him not to his face, but he still has the mentality that he'd be better off dead. It's sad to hear him say that. He has a very hard time seeing anything but the negative side of things. Thanks George Dubya.
[right][snapback]226307[/snapback][/right]

Can you blame him? It is hard to hear somebody say that, but it takes a really strong personality, and tenacity to get through life after something like that. And yeah...you have George Dubya to thank for his injuries. :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
focusracer,Feb 9 2007, 03:38 PM Wrote:I wonder if this is an actual wedding portrait or if it's just a photo shoot. If it is a wedding portrait, wonder how the marriage is... she doesn't look overly happy.

BTW ^^^ Jesus man WTF
[right][snapback]226280[/snapback][/right]

aH, for all you judgemental high and mighty Kings of honur...

12 years ago, My friend in high School didn't have to go to war to get that face. he tried to take his own life with a shootgun and took 90% of his facial tissue off! leaving him looking like exactly like the guy in the picture.

So all you hypocrytical people saying "whats Wrong with ME!"

Wtf is wrong with you... the thing he hated the most AFTER the 3 month INDUCED COMA and 12 surgeries , was the was people judged him and always seen a MONSTER, freak, handicap or some sort of side show instead of a Regular person....

So before you crap on me For Making my comment as if it was a REGULAR person in the picture...Remember it is a regular person in the picture....

BTW 5 years ago, My friend hung himself in his parents house for his mother and baby sister to find him, with a note saying he couldn't handle the looks and judging faces of all the people who couldn't quite get that he was still a regular person . so i find the picture patronizing in the first place.

In case your wondering whats wrong with me.
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
If you dont mind what was this guys name? I heard about this same story before.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
torradan,Feb 9 2007, 06:52 PM Wrote:Too young to be her father.  He's around 26 years old.  The hash mark gives it away.
How quickly can a Marine become a Sergeant?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
i don't feel sorry for people who try/took their own life.....i don't feel sorry for your buddy, he chose his own path
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I feel for the guy, because he'll forever wear the mark of being too loyal and fighting a war that never should have been fought. I only hope the military is taking care of ALL of his expenses for the rest of his life.

I feel for both of them, because his wife was robbed of the visual (and we're a VERY visually-oriented species) joy of her husband when he returned from Iraq.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.