Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeep Commander May Be Short-lived
Jeep Commander May Be Short-Lived
The Daily Auto Insider
Monday, January 22, 2007
January 2007

The Jeep Commander is likely to be discontinued after the 2009 model-year, The Detroit News reported, citing auto analysts and other industry observers.

The boxy three-row SUV, which is built at Chrysler's Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, was introduced a little over a year ago. The sticker price for the Commander starts around $28,000 and can climb above $40,000.

"We removed the Commander from our forecast" after the 2009 model year, said Jeff Schuster, forecasting analyst with California-based J.D. Power and Associates, the story said. Other sources confirming the forecast were also cited in the story.

A spokesman for DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group said that the automaker does not discuss future product plans.

Although Jeep sold 88,497 Commanders in 2006 — with the help of heavy discounts — it also appeared to steal sales from the Grand Cherokee, which is also built at Jefferson Street and was once one of America's most popular vehicles. Jeep sold 139,148 Grand Cherokee's last year, down 75,000 units from 2005.

As a result of these slow sales, the Jefferson North plant has been idled on and off again over the last four months.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Good, I dont like that POS anyways.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Well lets look at it this way. This was suppose to be the Commander according to the 1999 Auto Shows,
[Image: Concept-1999-Jeep-Commander.jpg]

And this is what it actualy came out as!
[Image: jeep-commander-3big.jpg]

Commander deserved to DIE :)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Funny, I didn't mind the look of the Commander...it's like a poor-man's g-wagon or land rover...sort of

It looks beefy, moreso than some of D/C's offerings...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
"Jeep Commander - when you really need to drag your ass around like your neighbour's geriatric, smelly dog" :rofl:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Drivesthebeast,Jan 22 2007, 04:05 PM Wrote:Funny, I didn't mind the look of the Commander...it's like a poor-man's g-wagon or land rover...sort of

It looks beefy, moreso than some of D/C's offerings...
[right][snapback]224211[/snapback][/right]

I liked it too! That's a shame they are getting rid of it.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
i prefer the Grand Cherokee, i think the commander looks like a piece of s***
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
The Commander was too darn big and too plain looking for the price they wanted for it. It really did nothing that other offerings in the D/C lineup couldn't do nearly as well for much less cost IMO

It's the same with the Pacifica, but that porker survives :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
What a waste of time any money.....now if they would only ditch that gawd awful Jeep Compass too. I think somebody set the sales goals for the Jeep brand a little too high this year.
lol honestly they should kill the Chrysler Aspen too because Chrysler brought these SUV's out way to late and not to mention stupidly when the gas prices hit over the $1.00 ltr mark, when they should have introduced a smaller car.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.