Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Needed Getting The Best Picture On My Tv
A while back I read about a dvd that you buy that helps you set your tv to the best possible settings for dvd playback. Does anybody know what its called? I searched on google but I didn't find anything. It was basically a step by step dvd showing you different screens and telling you how much or how little to adjust certain settings. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
There are two different products that I know of:

Video Essentials and
Avia A/V Calibration DVD

If you have a recent 20th Century Fox movie it will also come with a simpler calibrayion routine that may serve your needs.

NefCanuck
I'm pretty sure any movie offered in THX has something similar as well.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
NefCanuck,Jan 5 2007, 02:06 AM Wrote:If you have a recent 20th Century Fox movie it will also come with a simpler calibrayion routine that may serve your needs.

[right][snapback]222318[/snapback][/right]

bingo.

I know for sure that Starwars Ep I,II, and III DVD has the THX calibration on the disk that you can set your TV to. It has the colour calibration and black level calibration, which should do ya fine.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Thanks a lot guys. Actually it was the Avia calibration DVD that I was looking for. But I didn't know that a 20th century fox film has a similar tool.
Thanks again.
hdmi cable in! hdmi cable out
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
dabigmandan,Jan 5 2007, 11:23 AM Wrote:Thanks a lot guys. Actually it was the Avia calibration DVD that I was looking for. But I didn't know that a 20th century fox film has a similar tool.
Thanks again.
[right][snapback]222335[/snapback][/right]
I think they sell that at Crappy Tire.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.