Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Vs Used
focuspilot23,Jan 1 2007, 02:46 PM Wrote:Not really any maintenance done too it..[right][snapback]221994[/snapback][/right]

And your complaining why? :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Well I got a new car, well newish...its a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES its slightly used, an older woman bought it but found it to be too small for her after like 8 mths, and she bought a fusion.

And they had this car going for $16,799, and i got it down to $13,799, with my trade. And this car is fully loaded with the rims and spoiler and stuff, and i think it was a really good price.

I'm excited, i got it from lincoln heights ford, hope its a decent dealership lol
Nice! The SES line gets all the toys, including the "real deal" suspension with front/rear anti-sway bars.

Remember, you don't have to go to the selling dealer to maintain the warranty... just a Ford dealer. Preferably one you like ;)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
focuspilot23,Jan 5 2007, 09:21 PM Wrote:Well I got a new  car, well newish...its a 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES its slightly used, an older woman bought it but found it to be too small for her after like 8 mths, and she bought a fusion.

And they had this car going for $16,799, and i got it down to $13,799, with my trade. And this car is fully loaded with the rims and spoiler and stuff, and i think it was a really good price.

I'm excited, i got it from lincoln heights ford, hope its a decent dealership lol
[right][snapback]222387[/snapback][/right]

Is yours with a sunroof or without? As much as I like the sunroof on mine there are certain times where I miss the extra inch or so of headroom that the car has without it :(

NefCanuck
Is yours with a sunroof or without? As much as I like the sunroof on mine there are certain times where I miss the extra inch or so of headroom that the car has without it :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]222394[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Its without a sunroof, i didn't want one. I drove a few with the sunroof, and it seems a little to compact for my liking
^^ I feel the same way. I drove a pitch black ZX5 with the sunroof... or would have, if I could have gotten comfortable. I can't believe the difference between Foci with and without the sunroof.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 6 2007, 04:46 PM Wrote:^^ I feel the same way. I drove a pitch black ZX5 with the sunroof... or would have, if I could have gotten comfortable. I can't believe the difference between Foci with and without the sunroof.
[right][snapback]222415[/snapback][/right]

So i was just looking for my contract, and the people at the dealership messed up most of the amounts on the contract.

I specifically told them what i owe on my current car, and they got the amount wrong. And now there trying to back out of the deal. But they signed the contract should they have the honour it?
that mileage is so wrong, but you've heard that over and over again. DPFE sensor for sure.
We're currently looking into a second vehicle. New or used is a big topic. Ultimately price will be the big factor. I'm pretty sure we'll be digging up some old beater for "in the mean time".

if you like switching cars frequently (3yr or less) leasing is a good option (as long as you dont go over the mileage limit)

and i think if you are going to purchase used you should think about getting a car that has a good reliability record when new to try and minimize the chances of the car being a money pit (and take it to a mechanic etc etc)

someone earlier mentioned buying a used car from a dealer. i agree with that. the air flow sensor on my car went bad a few days after i bought it, and the dealer replaced it for free
I got over 500km's to my tank in the Stang today, and that was doing 20k over the speed limit the whole time...not too shabby...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...