Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Canada To Make Sirius Satellite Radio Stanard
Ford of Canada to make Sirius Satellite Radio standard equipment
December 19,2006

Toronto, Ontario - Ford of Canada has announced that Sirius Satellite Radio receivers will become a factory-standard feature in virtually all Ford and Lincoln vehicles sold in Canada. By the end of 2007, nearly every new Ford vehicle sold will come equipped with the radio and a subscription.

The new satellite radio will be available as a factory-standard feature in 20 vehicle lines, including the Ford Five Hundred, Focus, Fusion, Mustang, Edge, Ranger, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, Sport Trac, Freestyle, F-Series, and Lincoln Mark LT, MKX, MKZ and Navigator models.

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I wonder how long the subscription will be for? 3 months, or maybe a whole year???
It's already there on the Fusions (we were offered it as part of the standard equipment on the one we were considering). It was 6 months at least, or possibly a year.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Pfft. Why bother with satellite radio? Download music and put onto MP3 cd's.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I got the info for you guys , my brother in law has a fusion as a demo , and the sat radio comes with 6 months free but thats right off the truck if you buy it 5 months down the road you will only have 1 free month.

Yeah I know weird but thats how it is and thats why ford dont advertise it.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
If I had it for a year and it got hooked on it I would probably subscribe, but if I had a car for 2 months and the subscription ran out after that it probably wouldn't be enough to get me to shell out money for what I could get for free.
I don't see myself ever buying a satelite radio sub.
Why pay for something which you don't have control over?
I like my local radio stations, and when they have nothing good playing, I'll just use my iPod and listen to my free music ;)
Just my 2 cents
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
i was so tempted to get one when it was boxing day....and damn it i got it....i'll see how that goes
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Santa brought me one this year...I love it.

2002 Infra-red ZTS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's This This End Of Satellite Radio? meford4u 21 3,617 02-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Sirius And Xm Satellite Radio Companies To Merge SVT ZX3 6 1,656 02-26-2007, 05:35 AM
Last Post: ZED_not_zee
  Ford & Honda Make Progress In Eliminating Toxic Frost__2001 1 1,054 11-20-2006, 12:54 AM
Last Post: paolo