Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mazda To Scrap All Vehicles From Cougar Ace
Mazda to scrap all vehicles from Cougar Ace
December 18, 2006

Irvine, California - Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that all of the Mazda vehicles bound for Canada and the U.S. on the vessel Cougar Ace, which listed off the Aleutian Islands in late July, will be scrapped.

The Cougar Ace sat listing at more than 60 degrees for nearly a month after an incident at sea, before it could be towed to Oregon for repairs and to have its cargo offloaded.

"After thorough testing by engineers from our North American and Japanese R&D centres, we decided the most appropriate course of action, with our customers foremost in mind, was not to sell any of the 4,703 Mazdas aboard the ship," says Jim O'Sullivan, President and CEO of Mazda North American Operations.

O'Sullivan said that although some of the vehicles showed little or no visible damage from being tied down at severe angles for an extended period, the potential for future problems led the company to reconsider its initial decision to sell any of the units as used vehicles.

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
wow

bad news for mazda.. good news for the customer..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

So I guess there will be some '07 Mazda's on sale at a dealership near you ;)
Cheap MS3/MS6 anyone?
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
darkpuppet,Dec 18 2006, 10:51 AM Wrote:wow

bad news for mazda.. good news for the customer..
[right][snapback]220857[/snapback][/right]
Naww, I'm sure the insurance paid out. Better in the long run not to have a few thousand questionable vehicles floating around.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Mazada gets good PR on this decision and their ins. co takes the hit.

I believe this is what is known as a "Win, win" :lol:

NefCanuck
Gravter,Dec 18 2006, 08:25 PM Wrote:So I guess there will be some '07 Mazda's on sale at a dealership near you ;)
Cheap MS3/MS6 anyone?
[right][snapback]220957[/snapback][/right]

Did you not read the article all the cars on that ship are getting scrapped.

So no cheap MS3/MS6 for you.

:P
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Much better for all involved.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.