Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were Is Your Sirius Satellite Attena Installed?
Well I just installed a sirius satellite radio on my dads ZX3 Having trouble positioning the magnetic antena pod. I would like to have it under the head liner but Im not picking up any signal under it. Tried it on the roof and I get full bars. Problem is he works in a hi theft/vandalism area. And were worried about somebody yanking it. SO my question is were have you guys put yours to pickup maximum signal? on the roof? inside ect?
amcx,Dec 10 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:Well I just installed a sirius satellite radio on my dads ZX3 Having trouble positioning the magnetic antena pod. [right][snapback]219423[/snapback][/right]

I removed the stock antenna ( in my case ) and stuck the XM antenna right there. no more factory FM antenna and beleive it or not I can still pick up the Boring Montreal FM station.... :rolleyes:

:)

[Image: 124289.jpg]

Only if you don't mind getting ride of your FM . In my case I have no problem with that .
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
Mine is centered on the roof just ahead of the rear hatch. I've never had a problem with reception. My car is usually parked in my garage or in the parking lot where I can see it from my office window, so I'm not concerned with theft or vandalism.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
amcx,Dec 10 2006, 01:15 PM Wrote:Well I just installed a sirius satellite radio on my dads ZX3 Having trouble positioning the magnetic antena pod. I would like to have it under the head liner but Im not picking up any signal under it. Tried it on the roof and I get full bars. Problem is he works in a hi theft/vandalism area. And were worried about somebody yanking it. SO my question is were have you guys put yours to pickup maximum signal? on the roof? inside ect?
[right][snapback]219423[/snapback][/right]

You Won't get any signal under the headliner as the roof is blocking the signal. It needs to have a line of sight to the satelite. I've seen people leaving it on their dash in the front windshield with good signal, though it could easily crap out if you're travelling the wrong direction and lose the line of sight. The best if you're worried of thft/vandalism is to probably stick it on the roof above the drivers door so you can just pick it off and stick it inside while parked.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
would someone really steal the antenna? I have a hard time imagining what a thief would do with a severed satellite radio antenna... They're not the most obvious things sticking out of the car regardless IMO.

not that it helps much, but I don't think he has much to worry about... his option would be to put it inside the car when he's parked in the ghetto.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Dec 11 2006, 01:15 PM Wrote:would someone really steal the antenna?  I have a hard time imagining what a thief would do with a severed satellite radio antenna...  They're not the most obvious things sticking out of the car regardless IMO.

not that it helps much, but I don't think he has much to worry about... his option would be to put it inside the car when he's parked in the ghetto.
[right][snapback]219623[/snapback][/right]

I don't think anyone would steal it, but you never know when some punk might be out looking to cause trouble and end up damaging it. That being said around here I see lots of antenna's sticking on cars and heard little off any being ripped off.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
Its only really a problem were he works[UPS] off of Jane Street. Everywere is watched by camera except the employee parking lot. Cars have been stolen even when security gaurds are on. People also like to cause s*** and hurt cars their not cool.
I have my XM antenna on the dash. There is a metal plate that goes over the passenger's airbag that it'll stick to. I have no issues with reception and it even worked in the paring garage ( street level ) at my old job. The reception is only affected when it is really cloudy out and storming.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sirius Satellite Radio? redsvtfocus 7 2,421 05-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Last Post: redsvtfocus