Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Last Goodbye And A First Look At The New Ride
NefCanuck,Dec 1 2006, 02:45 PM Wrote:But if we did that and left you alone to your vices, we'd never see you again :huh: :rofl:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]218189[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
TCS kicks butt...I was always a hater and a sceptic of TCS (always thought it was put into cars because people don't know how to handle their vehicles in adverse conditions anymore), but after driving the Stang in a blizzard around town today (yeah I know, sacrliage!...no choice though since it came while I was at work), I must say that on a RWD car, it's fantastic! It shuts down the engine output considerably, and the car actually isn't so bad to drive, even with the 17" P-Zero Nero's on it...

Maybe I should make an emergency 16" purchase of snows and rims...in case there are days when I'm forced to drive the stang to work in the winter (no ride available, or the truck won't start)...

Oh, btw, the Car looks pretty good man...good luck with it!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Thanks man!

We actually just got in at the in-laws' place. It took us about 2 hours to go ~125 KMs.

Everyone has their own experiences with their cars/tires, but if that's the way the P6s handle a winter storm in the North... yup, they can stay. The Duratec had plenty of power, more than the SPI by far. It was lighting the TCS in every gear if I got into it, but driven properly we made it all the way here @ 60-70KM/H without incident.

My one complaint? I'd forgotten how bad the factory wipers ice up. I had to stop like 3-4 times along the way just to clear the underside of the blades where the ice builds up as you drive.

I actually tugged it back onto the road, twice, at speed where idiot 4x4 drivers and opposing traffic had careened to either side for whatever reason. I just lifted a tad, steered, and up it came... no sliding/fishtailing/nothing.

2 thumbs up for a great setup (and especially TCS)!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
FU CKI'N EH BRO!

Hatch-ass homo hatin' tool.

:wub:

Show us yer new grille!

*im drunk*
Welcome to the Dark Side of the Focus world. MuHahaha
'03 Focus SVT
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 1 2006, 06:40 PM Wrote:My one complaint? I'd forgotten how bad the factory wipers ice up. I had to stop like 3-4 times along the way just to clear the underside of the blades where the ice builds up as you drive.

I actually tugged it back onto the road, twice, at speed where idiot 4x4 drivers and opposing traffic had careened to either side for whatever reason. I just lifted a tad, steered, and up it came... no sliding/fishtailing/nothing.

[right][snapback]218282[/snapback][/right]

So you weren't having any issues with the TCS being so aggressive in the fresh snow with the P6's that you couldn't move at all? :huh: Maybe my TCS is just too twitchy then (but I'd rather it be overly aggressive than kick in after I'm toast :P )

Yeah the stock wiper blades are evil things, the hinges are so exposed that they get crammed solid with ice & packed snow almost immediately in the worst of it. I went Silblade and haven't looked back snice B)

NefCanuck
Congrats on the new wheels NOS sounds like you're already having fun.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
So Meford..... Does this make Nos cool in yer' books now???
ANTHONYD,Dec 3 2006, 10:26 AM Wrote:So Meford..... Does this make Nos cool in yer' books now???
[right][snapback]218467[/snapback][/right]
NOS and I have very different tastes on what a car should look like.

Don't be hatin because your taste in cars runs up your ass with that green machine you own. :throwup:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Dec 3 2006, 11:49 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Dec 3 2006, 10:26 AM Wrote:So Meford..... Does this make Nos cool in yer' books now???

Don't be hatin because your taste in cars runs up your ass with that green machine you own. :throwup:
[right][snapback]218468[/snapback][/right]

Yup my car sucks.

What's yer point?
ANTHONYD,Dec 3 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Dec 3 2006, 11:49 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]218468[/snapback][/right]

Yup my car sucks.

What's yer point?
[right][snapback]218473[/snapback][/right]

YO GUYS CHILL OUT! - LIFE IS TOOOOOO SHORT..WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER HERE..
CHEERS,

:fluffy:
NefCanuck,Dec 3 2006, 12:01 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 1 2006, 06:40 PM Wrote:My one complaint? I'd forgotten how bad the factory wipers ice up. I had to stop like 3-4 times along the way just to clear the underside of the blades where the ice builds up as you drive.

[right][snapback]218282[/snapback][/right]

So you weren't having any issues with the TCS being so aggressive in the fresh snow with the P6's that you couldn't move at all? :huh: Maybe my TCS is just too twitchy then (but I'd rather it be overly aggressive than kick in after I'm toast :P )

Yeah the stock wiper blades are evil things, the hinges are so exposed that they get crammed solid with ice & packed snow almost immediately in the worst of it. I went Silblade and haven't looked back snice B)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]218429[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I could walk it right through an unplowed intersection from a dead stop (4-5" ridges of packed and slushy snow), pull back onto the highway and get up to 60 KM/H in no time.

What sealed the deal is that I backed the car into the in-laws driveway, unplowed, up a 10+% grade.

"F'in mountain goat", indeed. I kept calling it that all weekend. Sara thinks it's funny, yet sees why it's true. :lol:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Bump for some better pics of the new car!