Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horse Vs Mustang V6
darkpuppet,Nov 30 2006, 09:38 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 30 2006, 08:53 AM Wrote:^^ Agreed. Most cars on the road today (including the Focus) are designed to understeer at the limit. Methinks Vince is right, though... Jeremy was obviously ham-fisting it around the course. I've seen a nice new Mustang (non-GT) carve an onramp quickly without a hint of squeal.
[right][snapback]218025[/snapback][/right]

There's a particular 30KPH onramp to the 407 that my focus (with crappy all seasons) could take at 90 KPH quite easily... the stang with high performance summers feels like it's starting to push at 65.

Tho, I'm not really pushing it until I get it to a track or autoX to see what it's real limits are...
[right][snapback]218034[/snapback][/right]

I took my car out in the rain yesterday afternoon after work, and took it down a road that I drive often. I took the car upto 160 in 4th a few times when passing some vehicles, and then I tried to push the car through some turns without slowing down much. I can tell you this...my GT will take a majority of corners just as fast as my Focus did (besides small, tight decreasing radius ones), and I'm quite impressed. I wonder how it would feel with a strut brace in front, and larger swaybars and higher-end tires...

Dagnabbitt! I really need to stop browsing SHM or Steeda's websites...too much temptation on there! lol!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...