Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got An Issue.
(05-06-2010, 12:45 AM)Mystake Wrote:
(05-06-2010, 12:20 AM)Flofocus Wrote: 7-10 days to an engine in?

Busy shop? When I get to a keyboard ill tell the Story of how they told me to come get my car and take it to another shop.

got it back with all the problems that caused the engine to blow. 10km after getting it back i was on side of 400 calling a tow truck. got it taken to a dealership where im quoted 700 as first stage of repairs. hopefully this solves everything and i can get my moneypit on the road.

anyway thats the latest for whoever is following this.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
jesus man. That sucks. get it over to a more professional shop. No way a R&R on this engine should take that long. I did it with 0 expereince in a week-end. Any expereinced mechanic should be able to do this is in a day.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(05-12-2010, 12:41 AM)Flofocus Wrote: jesus man. That sucks. get it over to a more professional shop. No way a R&R on this engine should take that long. I did it with 0 expereince in a week-end. Any expereinced mechanic should be able to do this is in a day.

r&r?
R&R - Remove and Re-install.

What shop did you take it too BTW, just so we can all avoid this place Tongue
Aero Hill engine rebuilders. They didnt complete the job. things like the engine ground wasn't tightened at all. essentially the ground could've fallen off, amongst other things the mech at ford didnt even bother mentioning.
have had it since yesterday, everything works right.

im getting clutch chatter though Sad

give it too much gas and it slips on the clutch. Possibility is that oil got on the clutch or so and lube'd it up making it slippery.

Sad

at least, that's the theory. if it doesn't get better within a few days then it's going back to the dealership.

but i can drive it for now!!! YAY
needs a tune up though, lol.
Booo to slipping clutch, iirc its like getting oil on your brake pads. Once she's all lubed up theres nothing you can do except drop in a new clutch.
(05-13-2010, 04:26 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Booo to slipping clutch, iirc its like getting oil on your brake pads. Once she's all lubed up theres nothing you can do except drop in a new clutch.

$#%^

I hope that's not the case. I don't want to know how much it costs for a shop to replace a clutch.