Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mazdaspeed3 Pricing/hp Figures/availability Set
02_svt_guy,Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM Wrote:i dont like how limited the ms3 is and how its only available in red.
[right][snapback]205515[/snapback][/right]

I don't know where this info came from regarding the colour, but it is incorrect....taken from a Mazda press release.......

"The MAZDASPEED3 is offered in four exterior colors. Besides black, silver and red, a unique Cosmic Blue was specially developed for the MAZDASPEED3."
SVT ZX3,Sep 6 2006, 08:44 AM Wrote:
02_svt_guy,Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM Wrote:i dont like how limited the ms3 is and how its only available in red.

I don't know where this info came from regarding the colour, but it is incorrect....taken from a Mazda press release.......

"The MAZDASPEED3 is offered in four exterior colors. Besides black, silver and red, a unique Cosmic Blue was specially developed for the MAZDASPEED3."
[right][snapback]205675[/snapback][/right]

really?? i was told by tghe guys at a mazda dealer red was the only color option sweet...
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Fack, I hope not. I HATE red cars. No offence to anyone that owns one, your choice, I just hate the color red on any car.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
For everyone who doesn't know, it has an LSD....

Car and Driver Oct 2006 notes the specs.

Engine: 2.3L I4 direct injection turbo for 263hp
Redline: 6750 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed manual
SAE net power: 264 bhp @ 5500 rpm
SAE net torque: 280 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm
Est 0-60 mph: 5.3 sec
Est 1/4-mile: 13.9 sec
Top speed: 149 mph (governor limited)

Powertrain is shared with the MazdaSpeed 6 and the CX-7. It’s detuned from the MazdaSpeed 6’s version though.

The MazdaSpeed 3 is going to be limited by its front wheel drive configuration. There is a front TORSEN limited slip differential to limit wheelspin, as well as additional reinforcement around the floor and center tunnel and across the strut towers. Larger brakes and calipers are taken from the Volvo S60. Some of the suspension development was done in Germany. The 6-speed manual is described as slick and easy to use, and the powertrain torque response as more similar to that of a V6’s.

I’ve driven the regular MazdaSpeed 3 and was pretty impressed with it. Possibly among the best in class in terms of handling. The 5-door body makes it very versatile. The only concern about the MazdaSpeed 3 might be that the FWD chassis is not able to handle the added power. At a base price under $23K, and with the usual Mazda features, it’s hard to argue against that.

http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p=685
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Sep 6 2006, 10:35 AM Wrote:For everyone who doesn't know, it has an LSD....

[right][snapback]205738[/snapback][/right]

A "Super LSD" according to Mazda LOL...

Quote:SOPHISTICATED TORQUE MANAGEMENT

To increase drivability and minimize torque steer and wheel spin in what is a very powerful front-wheel drive car, a sophisticated torque-management system combines with equal-length hardened driveshafts and a cone-type Super LSD limited slip differential.

Under the watchful eye of an advanced powertrain control module (PCM), the waste-gate bleeds off excess boost to control the torque spikes in first and second gear that would result in wheel spin, providing full boost only in third gear and above. Also, because the throttle is a drive-by-wire system, the PCM can control how quickly the throttle body reacts to driver inputs, smoothing intake volume to further minimize torque spikes. This results in different torque characteristics in first, second and third (and above) gears, minimizing torque-steer and wheel-spin and maximizing traction and acceleration.

Torque control is also linked to the steering angle, limiting power delivery when the front wheels are turned. A Super LSD cone-type limited-slip differential also minimizes wheel-spin on the inner wheel during hard cornering for smooth, predictable power delivery. Mazda also fits a similar Super LSD unit to the rotary-powered RX-8 sports car and the high-performance MAZDASPEED6 sport sedan.
02_svt_guy,Sep 6 2006, 10:26 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Sep 6 2006, 08:44 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]205675[/snapback][/right]

really?? i was told by tghe guys at a mazda dealer red was the only color option sweet...
[right][snapback]205731[/snapback][/right]

My appologies 02_SVT_GUY, seems that I was wrong....taken from the Canadian driver review
"We're also restricted on colour, at least for now; Americans get black, silver, red or a spiffy 'Speed3-specific blue, while we get red and red only. White (ho hum) will be added here at a later date."