Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Performance Mod?
I say drop in V8 rwd
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
FocusGuy7476,Jul 31 2006, 10:14 PM Wrote:do a tune either an Xcal2 or Diablo, will make your SVT that much better and fun to drive. if you go through Wanye at Hypnotic Tuning he should be able to help you out with everything your need.

other mods that you should do if you are going to do any are RT high flow cat, install it before your cat back exhaust, some people say its loud enough with just that. an intake, what ever you prefer. a rear motor mount, and a 65mm TB. there have been people making around the 150 to 160 whp with those mods.
[right][snapback]200139[/snapback][/right]

Very smart comment here, definitely the way to go on an SVT. A tune is probably the most dramatic mod you can do on an SVT. Other mods can come later but this is by far the one that is most recommended to do first on various focus sites, as well as on FF.com in the SVT forums.
you don't need an exhaust on the SVT just makes it annoying to drive, there are two SVTs in my household. one has a Magnaflow Cat back with a silencer, 65mm TB and SRI. it alright to drive, but too loud with the exhaust for me and drives me nuts. I drive mine which has a tune and i prefer mine over the other one.

get an Xcal2 and you won't regret it all.
'03 Focus SVT
best go fast mod is buy a fast car
naz,Aug 4 2006, 07:16 AM Wrote:best go fast mod is buy a fast car
[right][snapback]200869[/snapback][/right]

quit pissing in everyone's cereal...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

had a fast car(modded gtp)
wanted a balance of braking, performance, handling, looks, and of course mpg
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
darkpuppet,Aug 4 2006, 11:30 AM Wrote:
naz,Aug 4 2006, 07:16 AM Wrote:best go fast mod is buy a fast car
[right][snapback]200869[/snapback][/right]

quit pissing in everyone's cereal...
[right][snapback]200871[/snapback][/right]

i've never seen an aftermarket 'tuned' car that is as well sorted out as a OE performance car. from what i have seen there are invariably significant compromises made in installation quality, reliability, and ride quality. the few cars i've seen that have compromises only as a result of the focused intention of the build up (ie barely street legal autoX car) are not cost effective, or have other issues, such as emissions compliance or insurance hassle.