Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convoy From Ottawa To The Bbq?
I would like to add a word to the wise about gf's and wives.
You guys have it all wrong. They are annoying you. You have to be the annoying one in the realationship. That way they love to get rid of you and don't mind when you take off for the day for a day of cars, or in my case, a day of golf.
Be more annoying. I can teach you how.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 9 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:I would like to add a word to the wise about gf's and wives.
You guys have it all wrong.  They are annoying you.  You have to be the annoying one in the realationship.  That way they love to get rid of you and don't mind when you take off for the day for a day of cars, or in my case, a day of golf.
Be more annoying.  I can teach you how.
[right][snapback]201441[/snapback][/right]

For once Meford is actually making some sense! :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
ZX3guy2000,Aug 8 2006, 11:10 PM Wrote:I would like to go on the record that I have not complained about bringing my GF.    :)  hehehehe  She is actually excited about the BBQ/Cruise!!!!
[right][snapback]201419[/snapback][/right]

I agree with him...., im more than willing to bring the gf, but I haven't told her about our timing conflict. Thats going to be the problem.

She gets a little upset when I help my friend with his two 5.0 stangs. Cause she likes to get dirty under a hood like the guys do (God bless her for that!! :) )
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
You guys who complain/kvetch/whatever about g/f's complaining about you spending time at events like this don't know how good you have it. My lady friend merely rolls her eyes, snorts derisvely and pats me on the head like I'm a retard whenever I mention events like this. :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
(If I complain in the slightest about her choice of activities, I may as well kiss my two best friends goodbye :P)
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2006, 10:20 AM Wrote:You guys who complain/kvetch/whatever about g/f's complaining about you spending time at events like this don't know how good you have it.  My lady friend merely rolls her eyes, snorts derisvely and pats me on the head like I'm a retard whenever I mention events like this. :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]201491[/snapback][/right]

sounds like my parents, but it usually followed with "there is no need for you to go to this"
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I'm with you on that focused.... living at home is like living under a very very powerful microscope.

I still haven't had the *opportunity* to tell them that I'm driving down to T.O. for one day.... for a car meet nonetheless
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Mine likes to say "why would you do anything to a cracker-jack-box car, or even show it off with other people foolish enough to do so?" :huh:

She's a truck girl........ :unsure: I like that but I still want my focus.

I wish mine would pat me like a retard and not talk to me as if i'm one, Leave a little to my imagination so that I can pretend she didn't mean anything mean by the patting. :ph34r:

ZX5chica,Aug 9 2006, 11:33 AM Wrote:I'm with you on that focused.... living at home is like living under a very very powerful microscope.

I still haven't had the *opportunity* to tell them that I'm driving down to T.O. for one day.... for a car meet nonetheless
[right][snapback]201501[/snapback][/right]

same here and seeing as i jsut drove to toronto last weekend, they will not be very receptive

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
mine will most likely make some comment bout gas $$ and how we could be doing more PRODUCTIVE things.... like sit at a beach or go shoe shopping :huh:
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
02_svt_guy,Aug 9 2006, 12:16 PM Wrote:mine will most likely make some comment bout gas $$ and how we could be doing more PRODUCTIVE things....  like sit at a beach or go shoe shopping  :huh:
[right][snapback]201522[/snapback][/right]

In my case, they will be bothering me about my back (I tweaked it a bit wakeboarding this past weekend)... they won't want me driving down

Oh... forgot to mention

ALL THOSE IN THE CONVOY

If at any point during the drive down, a guy pops his head out of my sunroof with a camera, pass me and smile really big. My BF is bringing his SLR and some really fast film and he's going to try and take rolling shots of all the cars in the convoy. I will post them if they turn out and when they get back

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
ZX5chica,Aug 9 2006, 12:33 PM Wrote:[quote=02_svt_guy,Aug 9 2006, 12:16 PM]mine will most likely make some comment bout gas $$ and how we could be doing more PRODUCTIVE things....  like sit at a beach or go shoe shopping  :huh:
[right][snapback]201522[/snapback][/right]

In my case, they will be bothering me about my back (I tweaked it a bit wakeboarding this past weekend)... they won't want me driving down

Oh... forgot to mention

ALL THOSE IN THE CONVOY

If at any point during the drive down, a guy pops his head out of my sunroof with a camera, pass me and smile really big. My BF is bringing his SLR and some really fast film and he's going to try and take rolling shots of all the cars in the convoy. I will post them if they turn out and when they get back
[right][snapback]201526[/snapback][/right]

ill make sure i pass by real quick then so all u see is a blue blur

02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Make sure he takes some pictures during the cruise!
PIGEON1,Aug 8 2006, 11:32 AM Wrote:
ZX3guy2000,Aug 8 2006, 07:30 AM Wrote:Sorry PIGEON1 .....  my bad.....

ZX3guy2000,Aug 7 2006, 10:42 PM Wrote:Okay  as per Mapquest.ca  

Ottawa --->  Trenton = 178.94 miles (3 hrs 9 min )  (11:00)

Trenton ---> Bowmanville =   60.05 miles (1hr 7 min ) (12:00)

Bowmanville --->  5173 DRYDEN AVE = 76.74 miles (1 hr 23 mins ) (13:30)

Hardkore in Oshawa ????

So if we leave Ottawa at 8am, then we should be ontime for pickup in Trenton/Bowmanville/Hardkore ( minor delays not accounted for)!

Any objections? Comments? Suggestions?
[right][snapback]201201[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]201225[/snapback][/right]

No problem!!....I would have sat there on the side of the 401 from 1100 till when ever you guys rolled by and chased yas down. I'm pretty liberal that way lol :lol: :D Ill be waiting and having a coffee in the timmies parking area.
(car is sangria Red with 20% tint and FOCUS across the windsheild in white)
[right][snapback]201265[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure you'll see us coming!!! LOL...... even if it is just 3 of us...... that is enough for us to stick out!!

It is now Thursday, and just wanted to make sure that we would be picking up anyone that is on our way!!!! Anyone going our way that we have not mentioned a ETA for????

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Pigeon, where were you meeting us along the way??

The 401 pit stop near trenton!

I beleive this would be the location!

Trenton Travel Plaza
17278 Hwy 401 Westbound, PO Box 622
Brighton,ON K0K 1H0 CA
should we give our cell #'s in case?
focuzedn2o,Aug 10 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:should we give our cell #'s in case?
[right][snapback]201751[/snapback][/right]

thats what the other convoy did

ZX5focused,Aug 10 2006, 11:23 AM Wrote:
focuzedn2o,Aug 10 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:should we give our cell #'s in case?
[right][snapback]201751[/snapback][/right]

thats what the other convoy did
[right][snapback]201753[/snapback][/right]

I already have Pigeon1's number !!!!!!

I've got pigeons number as well.... at least he'll be able to flock down with us :rolleyes:

ZX5chica,Aug 10 2006, 12:02 PM Wrote:I've got pigeons number as well.... at least he'll be able to flock down with us  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]201761[/snapback][/right]

thats right...quack,quack...... B) :D you can't say that you couldn't get ahold of me if more than one persons got my number.

The place i'll be at is the Trenton Travel Plaza; it's got a timmies and Wendies and a gas station (Shell) I will be out front of the building so you will have plenty of room for all of us to park together if people want a quick break (coffee,washroom or smoke/stretch) As you get to the west side of Trenton (1.5km past wooler road) you will have to go around a left hand bend that is all part of an approx. 1Km up hill climb...it is at the top of that hill ....just a rough heads up for you

I will be there by 1045 unless you guys tell me to be there sooner.

Look forward to flapping my wings with you ZX5chica :D