Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Pictures.
Very nice shots!!!! Looks like a lot of crashes!

And I'm sure we can arrange a ski trip once the snow hits!!!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Those tracks pics are awsome!!!!!!! I would like to goto the track here and get some photos.

I love the snowboarding ones to.

Got some new ones.

The moon. Im stoked I got some of the craters in there.

[Image: 2006_09120091.jpg]

A buddy of mine. Took these for the local shop.

[Image: 2006_09060042.jpg]

[Image: dscf1820.jpg]

This one could of been better if I would of had my secondary slave running and a diffuser on but I dont think it turned out to bad. Some parts are overexposed but whatever.

[Image: 2006_09040112.jpg]
Jay, from what I have seen of digital pics yours are looking very good. The last pic is not overexposed, but washed out with the extreme light that digital unfortunately is known for in bright light situations. You probably just need to tone down your lighting/secondary flash and that pic would be to your higher standards.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
What did you use for the moon shot?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
meford4u,Sep 13 2006, 03:05 AM Wrote:Jay, from what I have seen of digital pics yours are looking very good.  The last pic is not overexposed, but washed out with the extreme light that digital unfortunately is known for in bright light situations.  You probably just need to tone down your lighting/secondary flash and that pic would be to your higher standards.
[right][snapback]206824[/snapback][/right]

I might have to try the manual settings on the flashes. Rigth now Im just using the automatic modes till I figure out how to use them. I wondering If some sort of diffuser would of made them look nicer or even have them set back further.

Quote:What did you use for the moon shot?

300mm lens + 3.2x telephoto (cheap ebay one)
wow 300+3.2 what's that like 960mm? huuuge zoom. Is the picture cropped at all? what aperture did you use? It seems a bit softened.

Nice stuff though!
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Aka,Sep 13 2006, 12:18 PM Wrote:wow 300+3.2 what's that like 960mm? huuuge zoom. Is the picture cropped at all? what aperture did you use? It seems a bit softened.

Nice stuff though!
[right][snapback]206905[/snapback][/right]

picture is just cropped and nothing majorily touched in photoshop except the selective color to the black to hide some of the noise.

Make : FUJIFILM
Model : FinePix S9000
ExposureTime : 1/125Sec
FNumber : F11.0
ExposureProgram : Manual
ISOSpeedRatings : 800
LightSource : Unidentified
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
Hey I got a stupid question......

BTW, amazing photos Jay but what I am wondering is why all the 'photoshop' touchups to them, everything looks 'softened' or 'unsharpened'.....

Is this, say, your technique or preference or what? I can completely respect it either way, but when comparing something non-touched up to something touched up, the 'non' one, being someone not familiar with photography that much, seems more 'perfect'....

My coworker, hardcore into photography, in Regina, was the main photographer (organizer) for the Jeux Canada Games, not to mention a bunch of other stuff, he also runs a huge photo club in Regina (I think he runs it), anyway he's shown me tons of his work, all of it crystal clear, no soft edges and to my knowledge, he doesn't retouch his photos which he's sold (he takes it very very seriously).....

Just curious...... no disrespect or anything, just wondering that's all.....
there actually no extreme photoshop done to any of those pics. Just crop and basic color changes. Usually I do the softening effect in photoshop.

On my cam I have the sharpening set to low and I dont sharpen in photoshop at all.

The flash also softens things up quite a bit and since every photo I take is during night they all seem soft. I think I posted maybe 1 or 2 pictures that were taken during the day.

Found two more.

[Image: dscf2051.jpg]

[Image: 2006_09050009.jpg]
S2,Sep 13 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:Hey I got a stupid question......

BTW, amazing photos Jay but what I am wondering is why all the 'photoshop' touchups to them, everything looks 'softened' or 'unsharpened'.....

Is this, say, your technique or preference or what?  I can completely respect it either way, but when comparing something non-touched up to something touched up, the 'non' one, being someone not familiar with photography that much, seems more 'perfect'....

My coworker, hardcore into photography, in Regina, was the main photographer (organizer) for the Jeux Canada Games, not to mention a bunch of other stuff, he also runs a huge photo club in Regina (I think he runs it), anyway he's shown me tons of his work, all of it crystal clear, no soft edges and to my knowledge, he doesn't retouch his photos which he's sold (he takes it very very seriously).....

Just curious...... no disrespect or anything, just wondering that's all.....
[right][snapback]206923[/snapback][/right]

All digital photographers (should) do some post-processing work in Photoshop.

As for the 'soft focus' effect, I personally can't stand it. I know SO many photographers that use it on nearly everything to either make it look 'dreamy' or 'artsy'. I prefer my images VERY detailed and sharp (not to be confused with creating a shallow depth of field). Its all a matter of personal preference. There are a couple of other, similar techniques that are overused..... not gonna start ranting though...

White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography

[Image: dscf1741.jpg]

[Image: dscf1745.jpg]

[Image: dscf1770.jpg]

[Image: dscf1773.jpg]
that girl is really hot......10 points for her
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Ok so i'm reviving this after like 2 months of nothing..

Went down to the falls this past weekend, some of Michelle's friends came down to go shopping. Absolutely beautiful weekend for it.

SO... my camera (Olympus D560) has a panoramic feature on it.. of course, I don't know how to use it. Got home, and the olympus software couldn't stich the pictures because I didn't know how to line up the arrows properly.. so found some other software to stitch them.

Didn't do too bad really not knowing what I'm doing.. going to get a tripod I think so I can do more of these.

Panorama of American Falls
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Ahh Panorama factory... great softrware. :)

Nice work!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I use Autostitch for panos. Works great.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Aka,Nov 27 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:I use Autostitch for panos. Works great.
[right][snapback]217583[/snapback][/right]

Going to have to give that a go when I get home, especially since its freeware. Not going to pay $70 or whatever for panorama factory when I'll use it like 5 times a year.

edit: ok, I can't find autostitch anywhere... looks like the website is gone, and I can't find any mirrors or anything to download it from. *hrumph*

I just put this one together, and its frickin HUGE... 5 1600x1200 images from our trip to Gettysburg

Gettysburg Photo 1
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Autostitch demo

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

:D :D

Only a demo download of autostitch there...don't know how long it runs tho, or the limitations....but at least I found it... :P

Oh, and maybe someone can help this newbie photo person. My wife took some nice shots while she was in San Francisco earlier in the year. Unfortunately, she left the date function on, so every shot has a date. Is there any way to remove that? I notice when I look at thumbs of them, there is no date, so I assume it's in the data somewhere, and can be changed.....???

Thx

Scorp.
[Image: P1020198.jpg]

what you think.

and this

[Image: P1020285.jpg]
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
torradan,Nov 27 2006, 08:56 AM Wrote:Panorama of American Falls
[right][snapback]217567[/snapback][/right]

So that is what Canada looks like to the Americans.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.