Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Pictures.
nice!

I got this one tonight. Cant wait till my new lens comes :D

[Image: 001.jpg]
Nice!

I can rarely get the blues in the sky I want. I'm told I should get a polarizing filter, but they're pretty expensive for my lens.

I'm just thinking... I don't think there's anything... anything at all that I watch on CTV anymore.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
i been reading up on filters butthe one shop here asks so much for them . I might just have to look on ebay.
I use a polarizer on mine for my outdoor shots. Search eBay... I got mine for $30, where the local stores wanted $70.

Also, make sure to get a Circular Polarizer (CPl) not a Linear Polarizer (LPl). A Linear will still work, but will mess with the AF function of most DSLRs, whereas the CPl won't.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Yeah I knew about the circular vs linear. And the person at Henry's wasn't so smart, told me the Linear wouldn't work at all... But I knew better.

Never thought to look on eBay, but I dislike buying things on there most of the time. I'll check it out though.
Got these last night

[Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 011.jpg]

[Image: 010.jpg]

[Image: 002.jpg]
Nice stuff.

I think the 3rd one, if you had taken it a bit more offset, or cropped it so that it wasn't dead center. It would look nicer. And the spiderweb one is neat.
[Image: med_DSC_5138.jpg]
[Image: med_DSC_5147.jpg]
[Image: med_DSC_5158.jpg]
[Image: med_DSC_5160.jpg]
Nice shots, but how do you manage all those photos when you're taking them in Raw format all the time? The space requirements must be insane!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
lol funny you ask. I just totalled it up today and it's 40 GB on disk currently. Backing them up is becoming quite a chore, it's half a DVD everytime I fill the card (2 GB CF card). Also having to post-process them all is quite the chore as well. And I generally have doubles of every post-processed picture. The original NEF file, and then the post-processed JPEG. It adds up reeeeaaaal quick.
1 terrabyte hd space and I get free blank dvds

my camera is dual memory card so I got 2 gig xd and a 1gig compact flash in it.

3 more

Photo 1

Turned out really good for only being at 200 ISO and a 4 second shutter speed
Could of made the lens apeture a bit more higher to get more detail on the legislature building but any more and I dont think I would of gotten the star effect of the lights

Taken with a fstop of 6.4 with zoom at 36mm.

[Image: 005.jpg]

Photo 2

Could of been better If I would of realized I was on area focus. ERRR So chain is missing some detail.

Shutter Speed: 1/32
fstop 3.9. Should of been up more
lens set at 22mm with macro on
ISO 100

[Image: 008.jpg]

Photo 3

NO photo shop used on this one at all and think it turned out really good with the Area focus control set to manual. Im sure it would of looked good to if I wouldnt of blurred out the background but meh.

shutter speed: 1/128
fstop 3.6
lens at 14mm with macro on
ISO 100

[Image: 009.jpg]
I have 1.5 TB of HDD space so I'm not complaining. But I do have to buy my own DVD-Rs.

First picture, if you made the aperture higher you'd just have more points on the star I believe. One thing you could have done was stand further forward and avoid the light all together.

The second one, yeah could really use better focus.

The third one I think looks better WITH the background blurred like it is. I like narrow depth of field pictures.

[Image: med_DSC_5132.jpg]
1.5 Terabyte! damn...

I thought i was crazy with 820 gb....
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
It's Terabyte, not terrabyte. I have 500GB combined right now, so I'll probably stick to JPEG - Fine. I have no complaints about the quality :)

I love that keyboard shot, Aka. How did you get it to focus so tight?

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 15 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:It's Terabyte, not terrabyte.

who cares. you should know by now i cant spell
It's like saying "and then the ZETEC kicked in". :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with learning something new each day!

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 15 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:I love that keyboard shot, Aka. How did you get it to focus so tight?
[right][snapback]202432[/snapback][/right]
I have as 50mm f/1.8 lens (probably one of the cheapest lenses you can get). If you open the aperture right up (1.8) you'll get a very narrow depth of feild like that. It's great for shots like that, or when you need to let a lot of light in, but you have to be careful, if your focus is just off your picture is ruined. If you do macro shots like that you'll get a very soft and blurred background. Here's an example, sort of, it's not really a macro shot, but you see the background is just a mess of colours you can't make out anything. It's a neat effect, I like it.

[Image: med_DSC_5133.jpg]
[Image: med_DSC_5320.jpg]
[Image: med_DSC_5322.jpg]
[Image: med_DSC_5339.jpg]
Aka,Aug 16 2006, 07:44 PM Wrote:[Image: med_DSC_5339.jpg]
[right][snapback]202709[/snapback][/right]

what the heck is that?

gonna have to head down to Queen's Quay to check it out.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'm not sure myself. It's a bunch of scafolding with bikes attached to it. Broken bikes, bent bikes, some that look in good condition. It's right infront of the Habour Front.

Also, if you don't know, they converted half the road to bike path only. So it's a bit difficult to drive down there.