Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Pictures.
Aka,Aug 17 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:Also, if you don't know, they converted half the road to bike path only. So it's a bit difficult to drive down there.
[right][snapback]202767[/snapback][/right]

I saw that... which confused me since I haven't been down there since last summer (working)... but that's great... they needed more paths to connect the lakefront paths from spadina to east lakeshore...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Aka,Aug 15 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 15 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:I love that keyboard shot, Aka. How did you get it to focus so tight?
[right][snapback]202432[/snapback][/right]
I have as 50mm f/1.8 lens (probably one of the cheapest lenses you can get). If you open the aperture right up (1.8) you'll get a very narrow depth of feild like that. It's great for shots like that, or when you need to let a lot of light in, but you have to be careful, if your focus is just off your picture is ruined. If you do macro shots like that you'll get a very soft and blurred background. Here's an example, sort of, it's not really a macro shot, but you see the background is just a mess of colours you can't make out anything. It's a neat effect, I like it.

[Image: med_DSC_5133.jpg]
[right][snapback]202455[/snapback][/right]

I love doing macro shots. That's a sweet technique, thanks for the pointer! :D

I took this on the weekend, but it's not as blurred.

[Image: th_DSC_0478.jpg]
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Nice. I notice in the EXIF you were at f/8, you could step that up a bit and get a shallower focus. But f/8 seemed to work well there.

I never see any interesting flowers :wacko:
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Some pictures from my lunch.

[Image: med_DSC_5379.jpg]
[Image: med_DSC_5380.jpg]
Nice!!

I been after the softer feeling type pictures lately.

[Image: 001.jpg]

[Image: 002.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]

[Image: 009.jpg]
Nice stuff! The chick looks airbrushed though.
Aka,Aug 23 2006, 04:39 AM Wrote:Nice stuff! The chick looks airbrushed though.
[right][snapback]203496[/snapback][/right]

she is
ZX3TUNR,Aug 23 2006, 12:06 PM Wrote:

she is
[right][snapback]203522[/snapback][/right]

Nice shots, but what's the point of airbrushing a shot like that? :huh:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 23 2006, 01:11 PM Wrote:

she is

[right][snapback]203555[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Whats the point of ANY of these pics?????
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 23 2006, 11:11 AM Wrote:

she is

to create the soft/pastel look I love having

as for point in photos nothing really. Im on a photo site and every week they give you a phrase or word. Then you have to capture something that would work with it or show meaning of it.

some of us just love taking photos no matter what it is.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 23 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:

she is

as for point in photos nothing really. Im on a photo site and every week they give you a phrase or word. Then you have to capture something that would work with it or show meaning of it.

[right][snapback]203613[/snapback][/right]

Jason, just curious which photo site you are on.... great shots no doubt!!
S2,Aug 23 2006, 03:04 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Aug 23 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:

she is

[right][snapback]203613[/snapback][/right]

Jason, just curious which photo site you are on.... great shots no doubt!!
[right][snapback]203682[/snapback][/right]

Photos? Shots? That's cut and paste from grade 2. When you learn to take a picture that isn't photochopped to hell, then some praise will be forthcoming.

Until then, I bid you adiou.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
The only thing photoshoped in those photos are the whitebalnce, levels and the very last one of my freind is airbrushed. Thats about it.

Maybe some gausian blur on the first ones but its nothing more photoshopped then what many other would do for PP

Nothing is photochopped or cut and pasted in any of those pictures. Its all basic adjustments that any one can do. All scenery is origional.

I also rely on selective color also
^^heavily retouched Jay.

Try not leaning on filters and post production.

A GOOD photographer will catch it ALL in the camera.
I was on a shoot for Caltrate a few weeks ago and art directed this.

ALL In camera.

The only thing we did was change the colour of the seatback to blue for brandidng. It was originally black.

[Image: wheel.jpg]
Here's the original.
for what it's worth.

[Image: black.jpg]
That's professional studio photography though. You can control the environment there. So while it's impressive he did that all in camera, he still had far greater control over the picture than Jay and I would have with our pictures.

That said, I generally try my best to take the picture 'in camera' so that I don't have to 'shop it later. Since I shoot RAW I always have to do some post-processing, such as sharpness and contrast. The last two pictures I posted above had this done to them (check the EXIF, should say I used Nikon Capture NX). I generally try and stick to what you could do if you had film, you can have oversaturated pictures (Velvia film I think does that effect), you can overexpose/underexpose in processing, so I can lighten darken my pictures to some extent. As for sharpness, that's just a side-effect of digital photography and how the sensors/pixels work.

The one thing I wish my camera had was more range, it seems if there's something really bright, and dark, I have to pick between the two, I can't get a whole shot. But I see people with film do it all the time. Newer SLRs have better range than mine does I think. I've thought about trying HDR photography, but just haven't bothered yet. Would it be concidered 'cheating' and not worthy of being called a photograph anymore?

(are my pictures worthy?)
^ yup.

Agree with the environment comments. There was VERY little done the shot in post. Colour in the seat back and smoothing out a couple of wrinkles in the seat.

I like your eye a lot.

The sharpnes and clarity is beautiful. The colour (If you haven't shopped it) is spot on. I have a calibrated monitor here in my office and chances are they look better than what anyone on this site is looking at.

Nice work!

This is the guy I use these days.

INCREDIBLE.

ALL in camera including the water.

Look in here for inspiration.

PETER SHAFERICK
Wicked photography, I'm a novice myself, had a few good shots but I think that's mostly luck. One pick of his that I found quite interesting just for the subject itself is the Vod-Ca ad, Cannabis Infused Vodka, hmm, drunk and mellowed at the same time, make for pretty fussy munchies though. :)
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like