Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch Blade Keys
StreetEdition,Apr 5 2010, 03:39 AM Wrote:so what if you dont have a 2nd key? :(
[right][snapback]304528[/snapback][/right]

then you have to take it into the Stealership and bend over.... i mean pay what ever it is they charge lol

I'm honestly not sure what is involved then, but i doubt it's cheap. If i remember correctly there could be a piece of paper with a barcode in with your owners manual they scan in order to retrieve the chip code. But i'm not 100%, and you'd still have to have that paper too
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Apr 5 2010, 08:44 AM Wrote:
StreetEdition,Apr 5 2010, 03:39 AM Wrote:so what if you dont have a 2nd key? :(
[right][snapback]304528[/snapback][/right]

then you have to take it into the Stealership and bend over.... i mean pay what ever it is they charge lol

I'm honestly not sure what is involved then, but i doubt it's cheap. If i remember correctly there could be a piece of paper with a barcode in with your owners manual they scan in order to retrieve the chip code. But i'm not 100%, and you'd still have to have that paper too
[right][snapback]304533[/snapback][/right]

sounds like a headache (aka butt rape) that i do not want. thats too bad.
Now rockin a 06 ZX5 SES
Can you get some keys for a 2004 Focus?
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
(05-29-2010, 07:06 AM)focusonthis_88 Wrote: Can you get some keys for a 2004 Focus?

No i don't have any that work with a 2004(chip wise)

BUT Tiketz has successfully done a chip swap from his old style key into one of these switch blade keys, and these keys will cut the same and work in the ignition(with a chip swap) and the door locks
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Yes the best mod ever...I have a SVT and no problem you can do it to any year Focus

The way I did it took my spare key took the chip out, took the switch blade chip out and put the chip from the spare key in the switch blade. Done....To get the fob working you have to put the key in, turn to the on position on and off till you hear a beep beep beep sort of noise, and then press the buttons till it works. Done

I got the key cut for $3.00 bucks at Home Hardware

To program the Switch blade with out swapping chips is easy too I found a how to after just google it and you should find how.

These keys are great and they are OEM Ford product.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
so do you need to swap the chip in the key or not...... ?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(06-01-2010, 08:28 AM)Mystake Wrote: so do you need to swap the chip in the key or not...... ?

for 2000-2004 you will need to swap the chip

for 2005-2010 if you have 2 keys you can make one of these a 3rd
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting