Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tail Lights
microbunny,Jul 12 2006, 09:14 PM Wrote:you got rims though..

so we are tied
[right][snapback]197331[/snapback][/right]

Sounds good to me :)
schade,Jul 12 2006, 09:22 PM Wrote:i have some lowering springs that you need to buy from me .. would complete the look of your car
[right][snapback]197332[/snapback][/right]

i agree
21 replies all about someone, (It really doesn't matter if it were a woman or not), all in the course of 90 minutes, installing tailights that take all of 20 minutes to do blindfolded.
If this was a guy, we would laugh him off the board.
How pathetic are we.
And I include myself because i am stupid enought to add to the chaos.
And Ashley, I remember those likes on Gord's car. They look good but a good coat of nites*** would do wonders to those! :lol:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
2001 ZTS,Jul 12 2006, 08:16 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 12 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:Oh yeah! Put them on myself... and they work too :)

Am I lucky or what? A girlfriend who is not only into cars and mods but does them herself! Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry if anyone feels like :puke: but you have to admit it is pretty cool. :lol:
[right][snapback]197303[/snapback][/right]

Been there, done that... married her! :D

God job on the install, but as always my personal opinion is that chrome and the Focus were never meant to be together... especially at either end of the car.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
meford4u,Jul 12 2006, 09:39 PM Wrote:21 replies all about someone, (It really doesn't matter if it were a woman or not), all in the course of 90 minutes, installing tailights that take all of 20 minutes to do blindfolded.
How pathetic are we.
And Ashley, I remember those likes on Gord's car.  They look good but a good coat of nites*** would do wonders to those! :lol:
[right][snapback]197338[/snapback][/right]

I really like the looks of these lights on our cars, I just recently put mine back on the car after storing them for the winter! And like Meford says above, is what I have been planning on doing for about 2 months now..... so we'll see how it works once I'm done!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 12 2006, 10:19 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jul 12 2006, 08:16 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 12 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:Oh yeah! Put them on myself... and they work too :)

Am I lucky or what? A girlfriend who is not only into cars and mods but does them herself! Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry if anyone feels like :puke: but you have to admit it is pretty cool. :lol:
[right][snapback]197303[/snapback][/right]

Been there, done that... married her! :D

God job on the install, but as always my personal opinion is that chrome and the Focus were never meant to be together... especially at either end of the car.
[right][snapback]197339[/snapback][/right]

You must not really like the looks of my car then (chrome mirrors, tint, and taillights.... I think that is it).... oh well.... personal taste I guess!!!
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 12 2006, 06:10 PM Wrote:I picked up a set of European Tail Lights from a fellow FC member today.

I'll have to be the annoying wiener that has to point out that those tail lights are not "European", they are quite North American. Not bad looking though, and I'm not really a fan of aftermarket taillights.. a lot cleaner than the APC cannons anyway. ;)
guilty,Jul 12 2006, 11:28 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 12 2006, 06:10 PM Wrote:I picked up a set of European Tail Lights from a fellow FC member today.

I'll have to be the annoying wiener that has to point out that those tail lights are not "European", they are quite North American. Not bad looking though, and I'm not really a fan of aftermarket taillights.. a lot cleaner than the APC cannons anyway. ;)
[right][snapback]197345[/snapback][/right]

Ok, your a weiner. :lol: Should we hold a poll?

meford4u,Jul 12 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:Ok, your a weiner.  :lol:  Should we hold a poll?
[right][snapback]197346[/snapback][/right]

We dont need a poll, I just admitted it. Not everyone can be Mr. Cool.. otherwise you'd have no one to give a hard time to ;).
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

:lol:
I thought they were? They look exactly like the European ones.

What are they called then?
They are TYC Elegante lights

north american/dot spec
love the new lights... I wanted to put a pair on mine, but my brother said they wouldn't look good with the red.... now I have photo proof to tell him they look awesome!!
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
ZX5chica,Jul 13 2006, 09:56 AM Wrote:love the new lights... I wanted to put a pair on mine, but my brother said they wouldn't look good with the red.... now I have photo proof to tell him they look awesome!!
[right][snapback]197371[/snapback][/right]

I think the red lights look best on the red car... heck, I think the stock red lights look best on most cars.. including my blue car.

And here's why...

They are simple and a solid color. I don't think the focus does well with adding lots of fiddly bits. It had pretty clean lines to begin with, and adding in multi-element lights to a rather clean back end tends to busy it up a tad much, and not in the right places.

The lights themselves look cool, and they do go with certain colours.. I actually don't mind the lights on Bunny's car (strange eh)... but maybe because it's a consistent contrast.

But on a lot of colours, it just seems to unbalance the look of the car.

Of course, that is my opinion, and I'm no girl, but I do have houseplants that aren't dead.

Anyhoo... it's cool when anyone isn't afraid to rip their car apart and work on it... but kick up the difficulty level and get to the suspension!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

meford4u,Jul 12 2006, 09:39 PM Wrote:21 replies all about someone, (It really doesn't matter if it were a woman or not), all in the course of 90 minutes, installing tailights that take all of 20 minutes to do blindfolded.
How pathetic are we.
And Ashley, I remember those likes on Gord's car.  They look good but a good coat of nites*** would do wonders to those! :lol:
[right][snapback]197338[/snapback][/right]

Hahahahaha no kidding! :lol:
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
Nice pickup on the lights there. Makes me wish that someone would get off their butts and provide tails for the +05 sedans <_< and unlike others I don't mind the chrome look at all, if done tastefully (In fact it would do wonders on mine to liven up the rearend, it's so generic its vanilla ice cream... cheap vanilla ice cream at that :( )

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Jul 13 2006, 10:10 AM Wrote:Anyhoo...  it's cool when anyone isn't afraid to rip their car apart and work on it...  [right][snapback]197374[/snapback][/right]

Just dont forget PITA sensors!! <_<
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ZX5chica,Jul 13 2006, 09:56 AM Wrote:love the new lights... I wanted to put a pair on mine, but my brother said they wouldn't look good with the red.... now I have photo proof to tell him they look awesome!!
[right][snapback]197371[/snapback][/right]

This picture isn't that greatest, but here is what they look like on my car last year!

[Image: 857508_12_full.jpg]

[Image: 857508_5_full.jpg]

I think they will look better tinted!
guilty,Jul 13 2006, 01:54 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 12 2006, 09:45 PM Wrote:Ok, your a weiner.  :lol:  Should we hold a poll?
[right][snapback]197346[/snapback][/right]

We dont need a poll, I just admitted it. Not everyone can be Mr. Cool.. otherwise you'd have no one to give a hard time to ;).
[right][snapback]197348[/snapback][/right]
Ok your a weiner. But only a short little stubby weiner at best. :lol:

Bunny, that sig is CLASSIC!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Tail Lights! phased_focus 20 4,532 07-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Last Post: silvermist