Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought A New Car... (bye Bye Focus)
LOL @ drop..... yeah yeah.....

Actually in the side picture I took, the wheel gap looks quite large but in all honestly, it's not really bad. Hard to tell in that picture.

If ya got about $2000 I can order the kit in from Evolve, not including probably a $1000 for the install..... let me know if you don't have my PAYPAL address......
Sexeh B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Damn, that's a nice upgrade. Good choice S2.
MAlby7,Jun 19 2006, 08:28 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Jun 18 2006, 01:07 PM Wrote:Congrats on the Volvo, must have been a tough choice saying no to the T5 turbo version (besides the price). Now how long until it looks like this?......

[Image: evolve-s40-02.jpg]
[right][snapback]193752[/snapback][/right]

You guys know this car is in the $130,000 price range right. I was talking to the guy at the Volvo booth a couple of cars shows ago and he told me about it. Something like 400hp and everything's a 'one-of' piece.
[right][snapback]193889[/snapback][/right]

I can't speak for anyone else, but yes I do know....and I was kidding.
S2,Jun 20 2006, 12:10 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Jun 19 2006, 05:04 PM Wrote:i wanna see this car, maybe get a ride if its possible.
[right][snapback]193993[/snapback][/right]

For sure Tyler, you still owe me a ride in the SVT :P plus I gotta check out those new rims...........
[right][snapback]194002[/snapback][/right]

any time your up for it, haven't been too busy yet.

and wasn't your birthday a week or two a go.
'03 Focus SVT
Yeah turned 30 about a week ago (June 11th)....

I'll give ya a shout sometime, I still got your number.....
nice car. congrats. you all know my opinions on modifications (esp purely cosmetic ones) so i won't bother to rehash them and ruin the new car love fest
Sharp.

CHAD PLEASE DO ME THIS FAVOR!!!!!!!!

LISTEN CLOSELY....

ARE YOU LISTENING????

READY????

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....PLEASE DON'T DRIVE LIKE A VOLVO OWNER!!!!!!
ANTHONYD,Jun 21 2006, 08:43 AM Wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....PLEASE DON'T DRIVE LIKE A VOLVO OWNER!!!!!!
[right][snapback]194367[/snapback][/right]

no kidding, I got stuck behind an S40 coming home from the beach lastnight... tryting to merge onto the DVP at 30kph, while the rest of traffic was doing 80..

Those cars could come with 2 cyl engines and I wouldn't notice the difference on the street from the outside.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Nice ride Chad! I'm sure you'll have alot of fun with that one!
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Oh yeah, no driving like a old person here..... LOL
S2,Jun 17 2006, 10:56 PM Wrote:  We didn't opt for the T5 (turbo) engine, it didn't seem logical for a yearly driven car especially in Sask where there's 8 months of snow
The only time when you need a turbo in Saskatchewan is when you are moving out of the province. :lol: (02ztsian=born in Regina :P )
LOL yeah run as fast as ya can............

I would have liked the T5, why not, but the price was getting quite up there. We could have gotten into a BMW 330 for around the same price. I'm actually extremely happy with what we got.

The other issue is that we needed to get an ATX, my fiancee can't drive a MTX, doesn't want to learn either as she for the most part, doesn't like driving (she bikes to work, fitness junkie) and a ATX T5 doesn't seem right anyway......

Had the car for a couple days now (well second trip to work) and yeah, the car is an utter joy to drive, extremely pleased.

Also it's nice to know there's been NO RECALLS and only 6 TSB's, all which are rather 'minor' and not significant....
S2,Jun 21 2006, 08:04 AM Wrote:LOL yeah run as fast as ya can............

I would have liked the T5, why not, but the price was getting quite up there.  We could have gotten into a BMW 330 for around the same price.  I'm actually extremely happy with what we got.

The other issue is that we needed to get an ATX, my fiancee can't drive a MTX, doesn't want to learn either as she for the most part, doesn't like driving (she bikes to work, fitness junkie) and a ATX T5 doesn't seem right anyway......

Had the car for a couple days now (well second trip to work) and yeah, the car is an utter joy to drive, extremely pleased.

Also it's nice to know there's been NO RECALLS and only 6 TSB's, all which are rather 'minor' and not significant....
[right][snapback]194397[/snapback][/right]
I defend the 05' Focus with this statement. "No Recalls yet" One minor issue of hardstarting which gets resolved quickly with a tap on the gas pedal.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I was comparing it to my focus, not the new ones. They've gotten much better in this field...

The focus is a great car, I'd buy another one for sure, I am and will always be impressed with the quality of the focus. The car I traded in still drove like a new car, no broken parts inside (like door panels, etc) unlike typical cavaliers, etc. The car is great, we just wanted to step into a different market, which we did.

As I said, I'd buy another focus in a second........
Nice machine and Congrats on getting it.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS