Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soccer V. All Other Sports
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 14 2006, 07:27 PM Wrote:[Image: 060702-soccer-fear.jpg]

Sissies!!!!
[right][snapback]193080[/snapback][/right]

check and mate
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Gimme a break guys... it's a rough sport, same as the rest of the good ones.

Also, I've seen more than my fair share of dives in the NHL... especially with the recent rules rewrite. Goalmouth dives? Naw... they NEVER happen! :rolleyes:

Actually, I massacred a quad once a few years back playing soccer... just the way I kicked, misjudged the pitch and caught EVERYTHING... months of healing. No joke.

I really don't get the soccer hate. Not "taking it personal"... just I seriously don't get it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
you dive in any sport and you're a wussy.. not that it stops teams from using it as a viable way to win games.... and that's what annoys me the most.

Like baseball or golf, i don't get the popularity behind soccer. I guess it's cool because anyone can pick up a ball and play.... that's what has made it so popular, but man is it painful to watch.

I won't deny they're excellent athletes, but it doesn't really increase the entertainment value of the sport.

how about 4 broken bone in the same year from playing hockey, both in my arm and both in my lower leg. not to mention the pin that held my arm together while it healed.

i don't know, it just seems like such a boring game to watch and when you play you don't feel like your on a team. its about as boring as baseball.

hockey, lacrosse, football seem so much more fasted paced and way more fun to play. I don't see many soccer player out playing in -30 degree weather and worrying about freezing your balls off.

if you compare soccer to the other sports out there, it may be popular and all you need is a ball, field and two or more people to play. its still boring.
'03 Focus SVT
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 14 2006, 10:04 PM Wrote:Gimme a break guys... it's a rough sport....
[right][snapback]193123[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Hockey is a ruff sport
Lacrosse is a ruff sport
Football is a ruff sport
Rugby is a ruff sport

Soccer is not.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
:rolleyes:

Just because you probably wussed out while playing doesn't make it an easy sport.

I've almost done in both knees playing hockey. Not fun. They're both tough sports. I'm pretty sure the naysayers just don't play... it's that simple. Have you guys seen the one German striker Odonkor run? HOLY CRAP!

Then again, I'm sure there are guys here that consider NASCAR a sport. Indy Car racing is a sport... NASCAR is mechanized cattle herding.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've played soccer.

Other than the sheer fitness of these guys, I don't have any "toughness" respect for them whatsoever.

What exactly is the magic sponge anyway? There must be something REALLY potent in it if the trainer can rub and squeeze it on the sore shin of a plyer to have him pop up like nothing ever happened.

Can someone explain?
ANTHONYD,Jun 15 2006, 09:38 AM Wrote:I've played soccer.

Other than the sheer fitness of these guys, I don't have any "toughness" respect for them whatsoever.

What exactly is the magic sponge anyway? There must be something REALLY potent in it if the trainer can rub and squeeze it on the sore shin of a plyer to have him pop up like nothing ever happened.

Can someone explain?
[right][snapback]193186[/snapback][/right]

Natural numbing agent? That's the first thing that pops to mind. It would explain the effect after such an injury. When we play, if we need attention, we ice down at the end of a game or use A535 or another rub, depending on the injury. That's it.

everytime I had such an injury, I just got back up, walked it off, and kept playing.

^^^DITTO.
I can't remember how many cleats I took catching in baseball...walk it off was what the coach would say. I NEVER rolled around flopping like a fish out of water.
I played soccer also.

I stopped playing when I was 16 because the sport just wasnt entertaining to me.

I started playing rugby instead....also started on focusing on skateboarding a lot more.

Soccer players are fit, have great stamina. Thats about it. They are NOT tuff.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I'LL BET THE GUY IN THE WHITE DIED FROM THIS BONE JARRING HIT.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He hardly touched him. Then the guy in the red holds his head like it was an accident.

Pussys.

:lol:
^^ What a couple of clowns. That's definitely not the way we play. What a bunch of tards.

All other sports for teh win!!!!! Nothing against soccer, but it never had a chance with me in this poll.
Nos, go play lacrosse. you will be corrected very quickly on who is tougher. any one 3 feet around the ball is fair game for a hit.

my coach basically told me to hit the other players harder with the stick, and i thought I was hitting them hard enough.
'03 Focus SVT
European Football is of course the best sport in the world! :) I was born in a country where football (what you call "soccer") was the sport number one, and I have played since I was 10 years old. The game is not as tough as American Football, but you still can get your share of injuries playing it. It may not look tough to you simply because toughness is not the main point of this game - that is to score a goal.

I don't blame you, however, for not understanding this kind of sport. You grew up in a country where it is not the most popular sport. But hey, whilst Americans retained the Imperial system of measurements, you did convert to metric. So, you are not that hopeless after all! :D
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?
FocusGuy7476,Jun 15 2006, 07:05 PM Wrote:Nos, go play lacrosse. you will be corrected very quickly on who is tougher. any one 3 feet around the ball is fair game for a hit.

my coach basically told me to hit the other players harder with the stick, and i thought I was hitting them hard enough.
[right][snapback]193337[/snapback][/right]

And that's why I'll never play lacrosse over hockey. If I want to impersonate being a caveman, I'll go get drunk in a bar and THEN go play hockey.

I've suffered enough serious and un-necessary injuries in hockey to know I won't take those chances again. So, no lacrosse it is. :)

I admit it, I watched the Italy - US match, and I didn't HATE it.

I actually enjoyed South Korea showing up France yesterday by tying them. Zidane looked like he was going to cry for a second at the end. Pompous ass, serves him right.

darkpuppet,Jun 19 2006, 09:25 AM Wrote:I admit it, I watched the Italy - US match, and I didn't HATE it.
[right][snapback]193888[/snapback][/right]

Are you kidding that was the perfect game for a non-soccer fan if only because you get to see that bad officiating is a universal constant :lol:

Hell for a minute there I thought Kerry Fraser had relatives in Uraguay :rolleyes:

NefCanuck