Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mustang Chronicles
I have heard from a lot of folks that the 4.0 V6 responds VERY WELL to bolt-ons. One of the salesmen at Brant County Ford said that he's got another customer who bought the V6, put on a SS exhaust, an intake, TB, and a few other little bits, and he got another 50hp out of the engine, and a little bit more torque in some parts of the RPM band. Like you said, it's a cheap/easier way to go fast then forking out the cash for the GT.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
This saga will never end.

I get a call on Saturday that the car will be in on Monday..

only problem is that they haven't looked/arranged for the wheels yet...no biggie.. get on that now, and they'll be in by the time the car is ready for delivery.

So here we are on Wednesday. The car has arrived at the dealership.

The wheels have not yet been ordered. The tint guys can't tint the car until Friday, and the striping hasn't been ordered or scheduled.

So I express my disappointment, and say, "let's just assume that if you guys haven't arranged the striping yet, that's not going to get done tomorrow or likely this week"...

Talk about sucking every last ounce of fun out of getting a new car... I can't even pretend to be excited right now, just pissed off that I'll probably have to give the focus another oil change/service before the stang is ready...

So anyways, no sense calling the insurance company today to give the go-ahead.. looks like I might (or most likely won't be) picking up the new car next week.

piss me off!

If this echos my experience with getting the focus... and so far it's gone exactly by the same script, I'll still have to have the tint redone once, and the stripe done 3 more times, and then run into issues with the wheels.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Aug 2 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:This saga will never end.

[right][snapback]200523[/snapback][/right]

Hate to sound like Anhtony here but you ARE dealing with FORD afterall. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
that sucks man

hopefully they can get it to you early next week.

any idea how much they plan to list your focus for?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Aug 2 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:that sucks man

hopefully they can get it to you early next week.

any idea how much they plan to list your focus for?
[right][snapback]200532[/snapback][/right]

I have no idea...hopefully it'll be a good steal for someone willing to put the time and effort in to fix what needs to be fixed.

Flofocus,Aug 2 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Aug 2 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:This saga will never end.

Hate to sound like Anhtony here but you ARE dealing with FORD afterall. :P
[right][snapback]200531[/snapback][/right]

No let's be honest here. What Steve is dealing with here is a dealership that doesn't have its act together EXCEPT when it comes to selling you on buying the shiny new car <_<

It was the same sort of crap I went through getting the radio upgrade in my Focus at the time. The dealership was great in the selling of the car, but the service dept. couldn't keep up their end of the deal :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Aug 2 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:only problem is that they haven't looked/arranged for the wheels yet...

Just get them to paint the stock wheels body colour with barbie sparkle... :lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I would express my disappointment with their tardyness. (sp?)

It may be good for some swag atleast.

Tell them you need it by next weekend because your bringing it to a BBQ where there 20 potential Mustang shoppers.

They'll have it for you.
dBlast,Aug 2 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Aug 2 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:only problem is that they haven't looked/arranged for the wheels yet...

Just get them to paint the stock wheels body colour with barbie sparkle... :lol:
[right][snapback]200537[/snapback][/right]

I so can't wait to help you back your car up someday soon...

Like I said last week.....just be grateful you found some suckers *cough* people that will take your car from you.
ANTHONYD,Aug 2 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:They'll have it for you.
[right][snapback]200538[/snapback][/right]

They'll have it.. but will it be done right?

See if they will let you keep the stock rims.

And as for it being done right????

You're like me, so picky there is NO WAY IN HELL they could EVER have that car done to your / mine expectations.

I was pissed thay took the plastic off the seats when I picked my car up. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Aug 2 2006, 03:20 PM Wrote:See if they will let you keep the stock rims.

And as for it being done right????

You're like me, so picky there is NO WAY IN HELL they could EVER have that car done to your / mine expectations.

I was pissed thay took the plastic off the seats when I picked my car up. :lol:
[right][snapback]200543[/snapback][/right]
They have to tkae the plastic off the seats. Government requirements.

And you are both very picky. But that doesn't mean that the dealer can't try and get it right the first time.
You could ask the dealer or atleast express your concerns in writing and tell them that you would like to be there when ___________________ is being done to your new $30k car and would like to talk to the installer ahead of time to make sure it's done right.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 2 2006, 01:28 PM Wrote:You could ask the dealer or atleast express your concerns in writing and tell them that you would like to be there when ___________________ is being done to your new $30k car and would like to talk to the installer ahead of time to make sure it's done right.
[right][snapback]200548[/snapback][/right]

That's a good idea as the dealership could easily give the installers the wrong info.
GREAT IDEA!

I'm sure if you had a pleasant convo. with the installer about your requirements, he'd go the extra mile.

(the beer store has gift certificates ;) )

I used to hand those out to all the guys that worked my car! Maybe that explaines why I was given amazing service at Discovery.
the problem is that i don't have the time to go to the dealership to continually deal with the installers.. I'll make my concerns known and they can keep redoing things until it's done right if they don't want to do it right the first time.

p.s. since the car didn't come with 18" wheels, it's an added cost... and I'll be keeping both sets.

Should have bought it in North Bay... I could have made it so easy for you. They're stupid nice and knowledgable here.

I hope it comes together for you man.

I'm joking about buying it here, but only partially. These guys go out of their way here to make me, and everyone else I've seen, happy.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Why in god's name would you bother doing anything to your Focus before handing it back. It's their fault the 'stang is late. If they ask if the service was done say yes. They won't ask though.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Aug 2 2006, 04:34 PM Wrote:Why in god's name would you bother doing anything to your Focus before handing it back. It's their fault the 'stang is late. If they ask if the service was done say yes. They won't ask though.
[right][snapback]200575[/snapback][/right]

well.. that's the thing.. if I gum up the supercharger and really break something because the car is a couple thousand clicks over it's oilchange interval... they're getting it on a flatbed and I'm running away...

new ETA.. next Thursday...

darkpuppet,Aug 2 2006, 03:43 PM Wrote:p.s.  since the car didn't come with 18" wheels, it's an added cost... and I'll be keeping both sets.
[right][snapback]200556[/snapback][/right]
Not to be too pessimistic here ... but I wouldn't count on getting both sets of wheels unless your purchase agreement specifically says so. They will likely tell you that the added cost is a "replacement" cost and not the cost of a second set of wheels and tires in the trunk.

If you've got it in writing than you're okay ... but otherwise don't bet on it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mustang Chronicles Pt 3 darkpuppet 44 13,682 09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  The Mustang Chronicles darkpuppet 23 6,115 08-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Last Post: meford4u