Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Is It Worth?
Rob, i would agree with that completely.
i just didn't want to call anyone a bandwagon-jumper! ;)
far to many people seem to think that way.
There will always be the hardcore racers and hotrodders who will modify everything they drive.
there hasn't been a car i have owned since i was 17 that i didn't modify and there wont be one untill i'm unable to drive that i wont modify.
i've dumped an ungodly amount into my Focus and have put thousands into my Audi Allroad and closing on $20,000 into the 930 turbo cabrio i got with my father last summer.... it's just too much fun not to do it.

i do not agree with NOS though, there are ALWAYS more things to do, you can never reach the limit with cars.... there are always new avenues to try, mods or custom ideas that are not available but can be made. if you say, "there is nothing left to do!?" you are trying to get out of going any further.
they feel cheated because they were thinking with a fast and the furious mind set and were expecting far more than they actually would get.
p-51 I think the tuning world is just getting started..

I have always noticed that to be the popular one in highschool meant you have a s***ty set of wheels to jump in and zoom around in.

now every joe dick and harry drives an integra or a civic or similar model. and to 'stand out' and 'be noticed' a new exhaust is a MUST. little kids, seriously, 7-8 years old. Come up to me and tell me they love my wheels, or they yell as I drive by 'WOW NICE CAR MANNN'

so I think that it is just getting started, with all the cars getting cheaper every year, it would be very easy to buy a car, and go race it.

I DO agree with Mitch, a lot of people see 2 fast 2 furious, or play Need For Speed Underground, and then suddenly think its cool to do this kinda stuff. Im sorry but thats how I got my start. But now I am genuinely into cars, not just a Ford Focus, I didnt realize how expensive modifying was, but nobody does until they are already deep into it.

I knew I wouldnt be expecting any Supra, or Paul Walker powered Mitsubishi Eclipse (even though I wanted that DSM first before the Focus) I guess I held realisitc visions about a modified car, I knew the Focus was not a quick car, but still quicker than a lot of other cars. Other people dont realize that an 100hp civic isnt fast, but they think it is, because there mind set is Honda = power.

I remember in the first FNF movie, they said they had turbos under the hood, but they never had a BOV sound, and they never digitally put one in.

Remember, as long as men with a penises exist, there will be street racing.

----------------------------------------------
but back at the topic at hand...

Eric, the shipping would be too crazy, and for me to part it out and sell it I wouldnt make any money. I dont think you should return the outside of the car to stock.

SELL your front bumper, and buy a new one that isnt as aggresive, a la F2 RS or many Euro Choices. keep those sideskirts (or trade them to me for mine) and your car will look a lot better.

chances are if you just change the look of your car, you will come around because its a whole new rebirth after watching your car change so much.

Chances are I am going to keep my Focus, period. I probably will never sell it, it just holds too much memories and too much to my heart to let it go. Sure I will own other cars, but I will make sure I own a 2 car garage so the Focus always has a home.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
the tuning world has been around for a long time. people were modifying cars back in the 30s and 40s for more power and faster speeds.

what Rob and i are talking about is the new wave "tuners" cars and the people who modify them.
the Sport compact market has actually fallen off a lot in the last couple of years, there are many reasons for it but the reality of modifying cars on a McJob income has set in for many of these kids and are growing out of the scene.... not that i'd call it a Scene, more of a fad/joke in most cases.

oh and shipping a car from back east isn't that bad, i have shipped cars to or from the TO area for $800-1200cnd
Flofocus,May 14 2006, 07:51 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,May 14 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I got 16g for mine and it wasnt turbo
[right][snapback]187385[/snapback][/right]

And Jay, I hate to say it, you took him for a ride.
[right][snapback]187386[/snapback][/right]

I knew exactly what I was getting and exactly how much I was paying.

I looked at the value compared to what I would pay and the time I'd spend to get all that stuff done myself, meaning the bodykit, springs, wheels, tires, DVD player, exhaust, engine crap, etc. I don't get deals on wheels/tires/stereo equipment, getting my car painted, door kit, none of that stuff, so it's really not cheap at all for me to get done. Also how many weekends would be eaten up trying to get it done? In the 3 years I owned my ZX5 I found the time to put wheels on it, and build up a bunch of money for parts that never got purchased because I'd never have time to put them on myself, which left me with the option of having them installed, so I might as well tripple the price of everything right there.

I realize I paid alot for it, but the car was sitting at 34K (and yes I know Jay actually ran the car pretty hard even though he tried to say he didn't, but I guarantee I run it harder than he ever did) didn't have a single creak or rattle, and all the work he had done was exactly where I wanted to go with my old car. It's a stripper model, but all the parts like the tilt wheel, cruise, etc... I got from Amigos wrecking yard for nothing. I have SVT brakes I bought for $300 going on so other than advancetrac and junk Ford leather I have everything I did i the old car.

So I paid 16 for the car, sold the DVD player for $1500, the sub for $200, the stock 15s got me $500 and I have been offered $1800 for the 18s, $950 for my 17s and I didn't have to pay for the bodykit, paint, etc... which not only ended up saving me quite a bit of money but more important to me, saved me a crapload of time. I worked 60-90 hours a week at the time so that was pretty important to me too.

So here is where I sit now. I ownned a 2002 Focus ZX5 with nothing done to it aside from my stereo and 98,000kms on the odometer, I was paying a loan over 4 years. After buying Jay's car, selling the DVD player and a few parts I didn't want, I'm paying less each month over 3 years for a 2003 car with 1/3 the mileage, that looks how I wanted mine to look, and is in way better shape than mine was. So I paid around $12K for it after you add in the taxes and the interest on my loan. The added bonus was, it was for sale when I had no vehicle and I needed a car sooner than later.

Jay should have pulled all the parts off the car and sold them seperately, but he was lucky enough to find someone that wanted exactly what he was selling. If I hadn't come along he'd still have it I imagine, or would have put it back to stock. I was more than happy to pay what he was asking for it, I didn't even haggle him on the price, I didn't see the point.

As for the stuff I've redone, I put my old 17s on in place of the 15s it had when I got it, -$500. I changed the interior, that was about $15 for the switches and lights. The stereo was the big change, but it also cost me nothing as I sold those parts for $1700. All my stuff was already paid for and popped right in. I put that money directly to my car loan.

Sorry for taking this so far off-topic
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
"I worked 60-90 hours a week at the time so that was pretty important to me too"

90 hours a week!?!? ...thats 13 hours a day, 7 days a week.....

bulls***! :lol:

Sorry but that was funny!

microbunny,Aug 12 2006, 10:55 PM Wrote:"I worked 60-90 hours a week at the time so that was pretty important to me too"

[right][snapback]202145[/snapback][/right]

He works at crappy tire... I worked there a few years ago, and believe me, there are no regulations or care in those stores, each independently owned and one crappier than the next. Therefore, he could get those ridiculous hours, no surprise to me... :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
...ohhh f*** :lol:

at crappy too.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously...thanks for making my day guys.... :lol:
microbunny,Aug 13 2006, 02:55 AM Wrote:"I worked 60-90 hours a week at the time so that was pretty important to me too"

[right][snapback]202145[/snapback][/right]

Actually I worked closer to 16 hours a day, 6 days a week. Really if I'm not sleeping I'm usually at work.

What's so hard to believe about working 90 hours a week? I know lots of people that work two full time jobs and a part time job on the weekends. Some of us like working. I'd rather be working right now than doing this.

And what the hell is wrong with being a manager at Crappy Tire? I quit that job to run CNC machines in Edmonton for the summer, I'd rather make 1/2 as much at Crappy Tire. I'm actually getting my old job at Wal-Mart back, I liked working there. they let me work 7 months straight once without taking a day off, it was great.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Honkeytonk Monkey,Aug 13 2006, 07:46 AM Wrote:Actually I worked closer to 16 hours a day, 6 days a week. Really if I'm not sleeping I'm usually at work.

What's so hard to believe about working 90 hours a week? I know lots of people that work two full time jobs and a part time job on the weekends. Some of us like working. I'd rather be working right now than doing this.

And what the hell is wrong with being a manager at Crappy Tire? I quit that job to run CNC machines in Edmonton for the summer, I'd rather make 1/2 as much at Crappy Tire. I'm actually getting my old job at Wal-Mart back, I liked working there. they let me work 7 months straight once without taking a day off, it was great.
[right][snapback]202154[/snapback][/right]

Maybe in Saskatoon.... :rolleyes:

13 hours a day at a crappy tire?!@?

Whatever man...I'm not gonna sit here and waste my time listening to you anymore.. :lol:
If my car wouldnt of sold it wouldnt of been a problem.

I would of just stripped it back down to complete stock and just trade it off.

If worst came to worse it would probably of been totaled LOL
Hey, when Ford's a rockin' I work 7x12s. 84 hours a week.

Just let the cash rain down... :banger:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
60 hours a week is nothing.

I want Bunny's job. :ph34r:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I dunno man Im a CNC operator and let me tell ya I dont think I would trade it for a managers position. Theres nothing bad about loading up a program, checking it out, doing a dry run, running the program with a piece on the table, then picking up a newspaper only to listen to the sound of a router................and you get paid. :D
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 13 2006, 09:14 PM Wrote:I work
[right][snapback]202251[/snapback][/right]
You back on the line? I thought you were still in skilled trades? :P
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.