Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washing Cars In Driveways... Illegal?
Yes I will be on a well.

And with the filtration mini plant they are putting on site, I am hoping the water will be excellent.

But it will be damb well good enought to wash my car with and water my lawn.

ALL DAY LONG
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
P-51,May 9 2006, 09: Wrote:
darkpuppet,May 10 2006, 01:30 AM Wrote:my mom is visiting this week and she knows a bit of ukrainian if you need a translator...
[right][snapback]186436[/snapback][/right]

Dude, I just saw your KVR brakes in you sig. When did you get those? How are they working out?
[right][snapback]186438[/snapback][/right]

I got them a couple years ago from the Tuner Transformation.

why, you wanna trade your wilwoods for them? hehe

I find that once they warm up a bit, they like to squeel like a mofo or grind like a mofo.. they didn't squeel so much when the cross drilled rotors were on (they warped), but since I put slotted on, ugh... it's annoying as hell. You either get ear splitting squeeling, or grotesque grinding.

Occasionally, they settle in and just squeek a bit, but I have a feeling the pads aren't engaging squarely on the rotor, but I have to find a competent mechanic to look at it.

The boys at ford said, and I quote, "that squeeling is your supercharger".

like after two years I don't know what my supercharger sounds like.

I'm sure the brakes are as good as anything out there, but I would feel more comfortable with brakes from a more reputable brand... or just feel better if they didn't make so much noise.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Remind me NEVER ot move to Vaughn.
That's really messed. We have water limitation days, but other than that... wash all you want, whenever you want.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ZTWsquared,May 9 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,May 9 2006, 07:41 PM Wrote:May or may not be illegal, check with the city. [right][snapback]186406[/snapback][/right]
In June of 2005, the City of Vaughan published new 3-stage regs concerning the use of water during times of water shortage.

Stage 1 advises against things like watering grass, washing driveways and washing cars.

Stage 2 is a ban on those thing.

So ... it seems logical to me that if they need to specify certain times when you can't wash your car ... that must mean that for all other times, you can.

Check it out for yourself here.
[right][snapback]186418[/snapback][/right]

I have lived in Vaughan for the last 10 years and always washed my car on my driveway. I think we may have had limited water use advisory maybe once in all that time.

I think it is just your landlord having trouble with the neighbours or they don't want you using their water.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,May 10 2006, 11:50 AM Wrote:I think it is just your landlord having trouble with the neighbours or they don't want you using their water.
[right][snapback]186529[/snapback][/right]
That would be my guess.

What sucks is when you wash your car, you not only get charged the water but also the same amount for sewage; same for watering your lawn and filling the swimming pool. :rolleyes:

I'd put money on it that they pay the water bill and they're using the neighbours as an excuse to cheap out.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Slimsride,May 9 2006, 07:00 PM Wrote:Phospates?  k, am i wrong to say when you flush your toilet..your s*** goes the same place your PHOSATES go?  sorry i would rather drink phosates then someones turd.

Also, i'm sure there is a carwash right down the road....again, that water goes the same place as well.  I SAY WASH YOUR CAR...WASH IT EVERYDAY....tell your landlady to blow you, and tell her you ain't stopping till the cops tell you otherwise.
[right][snapback]186412[/snapback][/right]

Acttually, you are wrong. Your toilet flush goes into the waste water system. Waste water is treated before being put back in the lake. The drain on the street goes into a separate system that feeds directly into the lake without treatment. This is one of the main reasons for restricting driveway car washing. This is why I prefer to go to the coin op car wash most of the time, as the water there goes into the waste water system.
Old Ride: 2001 Malibu Blue MTX Street Edition Wagon
New Ride: 2010 Mocha Brown MT 2.0T Passat Wagon
Well, I'll definitely bring up the point with the guy. Thanks for clarifying it guys.

Steve, we probably talked about them before... but I'm forgetful. KVR is from Ottawa, I've wondered how good they actually are. Like 10 years ago when I used to go to their little tuner shop, they *allegedly* used to sell knockoff Brembos as the real thing.

You probably is quite possibly down to pad selection more than anything else. You ever call them?
I talked to the husband, he said that there are rules in this neighborhood I guess. Apparently some of the neighbors told him they're not allowed. I don't necessarily believe it yet, cause the language thing, and they've only been here 3 months and they're trying not to make any waves.

And I find it really odd that there would be rules saying you're not allowed to wash a car, yet you ARE allowed to park a dumptruck on your front lawn.

I asked if they got a list of these rules when they bought it, and she said yes and no. Not sure what's up with that.

They're genuinely nice people and I don't think they're trying to screw me. Somebody in the neighborhood told them there's a rule, and they don't want to upset anybody. She did say she'd keep an eye out and see if anybody else does it.

If this rule is true.... it's probably a conspiracy by the local carwash owners. :rolleyes:
P-51,May 10 2006, 07: Wrote:Well, I'll definitely bring up the point with the guy.  Thanks for clarifying it guys.

Steve, we probably talked about them before...  but I'm forgetful.  KVR is from Ottawa, I've wondered how good they actually are.  Like 10 years ago when I used to go to their little tuner shop, they *allegedly* used to sell knockoff Brembos as the real thing. 

You probably is quite possibly down to pad selection more than anything else. You ever call them?
[right][snapback]186644[/snapback][/right]

yup, it's the same KVR from Ottawa... They're very willing to work with you, but as with anything aftermarket, they want me to send everything to them for diagnosis, and I can't afford that kind of downtime.

I'm running the slotted 2 piece rotors and CF pads at the moment. The old pads didn't look like they wore evenly.. duh, maybe I should send those back to KVR for analysis.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

the locals prolly don't like the ethnics and take advantage of it. Get yourself a bull horn and keep an eye out for other violators and bust them in the act.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=16877

This protest against washing cars in driveways is getting a little out of hand... we now have yellow fish painted on our sidewalks for this cause!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
water supply and distribution

OUTDOOR WATER USE (By-law 122-2003)

The City of Vaughan is committed to responsible municipal water management. Included in the City's Outdoor Water Use By-Law (122-2003) are a number of provisions to encourage conservation during the summer months.

From May 15 to September 30 each year, the outdoor use of water is restricted to ensure there is an adequate supply of water for fire protection and personal consumption.

During this time period, lawn watering, filling of pools, washing of cars, etc. is restricted as follows:

ODD HOUSE NUMBERS can only use outdoor water on odd calendar days between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m.; and, 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.

EVEN HOUSE NUMBERS can only use outdoor water on even calendar days between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m.; and, 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Industrial/Commercial/Institutional properties are restricted from using water for watering to between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 7 a.m., for a maximum period of 3 hours.

During times when the City of Vaughan needs to restrict water use, restrictions will be implemented in stages:

Should a "Water Advisory" be issued, all residents will be asked to voluntarily refrain from any such outdoor water use.

Should an "Outdoor Water Use Ban" be enacted, the outdoor use of water is prohibited, and residents found in contravention to the ban will be charged. The maximum fine for contravening an Outdoor Water Use Ban issued under By-law 122-2003 is $5,000.

Please note that exemptions are in place for certain businesses and functions; and in all cases, freshly laid sod and newly planted shrubs and trees are exempt from such restrictions for a 4-week period.

For further information, please contact the Public Works Department at 905-832-8562.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,May 11 2006, 05:40 PM Wrote:water supply and distribution

OUTDOOR WATER USE (By-law 122-2003)

The City of Vaughan is committed to responsible municipal water management. Included in the City's Outdoor Water Use By-Law (122-2003) are a number of provisions to encourage conservation during the summer months.

From May 15 to September 30 each year, the outdoor use of water is restricted to ensure there is an adequate supply of water for fire protection and personal consumption.

During this time period, lawn watering, filling of pools, washing of cars, etc. is restricted as follows:

ODD HOUSE NUMBERS can only use outdoor water on odd calendar days between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m.; and, 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.

EVEN HOUSE NUMBERS can only use outdoor water on even calendar days between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m.; and, 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Industrial/Commercial/Institutional properties are restricted from using water for watering to between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 7 a.m., for a maximum period of 3 hours.

During times when the City of Vaughan needs to restrict water use, restrictions will be implemented in stages:

Should a "Water Advisory" be issued, all residents will be asked to voluntarily refrain from any such outdoor water use.

Should an "Outdoor Water Use Ban" be enacted, the outdoor use of water is prohibited, and residents found in contravention to the ban will be charged. The maximum fine for contravening an Outdoor Water Use Ban issued under By-law 122-2003 is $5,000.

Please note that exemptions are in place for certain businesses and functions; and in all cases, freshly laid sod and newly planted shrubs and trees are exempt from such restrictions for a 4-week period.

For further information, please contact the Public Works Department at 905-832-8562.
[right][snapback]186928[/snapback][/right]

You should copy and print this for your Landlord to read and understand, and give a copy to anyone who says you can't wash your car.

oh and did anyone else notice this quote ?

P-51,May 11 2006, 07: Wrote:I talked to the husband, he said that there are rules in this neighborhood I guess. Apparently some of the neighbors told him they're not allowed. I don't necessarily believe it yet, cause the language thing, and they've only been here 3 months and they're trying not to make any waves.

LOL, so I'm not the only gay guy here anymore ? :lol:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,May 11 2006, 11:51 PM Wrote:
P-51,May 11 2006, 07: Wrote:I talked to the husband, he said that there are rules in this neighborhood I guess. Apparently some of the neighbors told him they're not allowed. I don't necessarily believe it yet, cause the language thing, and they've only been here 3 months and they're trying not to make any waves.

LOL, so I'm not the only gay guy here anymore ? :lol:
[right][snapback]186945[/snapback][/right]

No, don't worry the flame is all yours still, he was talking about the husband of the landlady he madereference to earlier in this thread :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
So he's safe till the 15th. After that, the restrictions are automatic and unrelenting till September 30th?

Water Nazis. If they haven't got the water supply and infrastructure to allow you to wash your car when NO BAN IS IN EFFECT, then perhaps it's time for a strongly-worded letter to your city council.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
P-51,May 11 2006, 07: Wrote:I talked to the husband, he said that there are rules in this neighborhood I guess.  Apparently some of the neighbors told him they're not allowed.  I don't necessarily believe it yet, cause the language thing, and they've only been here 3 months and they're trying not to make any waves.

And I find it really odd that there would be rules saying you're not allowed to wash a car, yet you ARE allowed to park a dumptruck on your front lawn.

I asked if they got a list of these rules when they bought it, and she said yes and no.  Not sure what's up with that.

They're genuinely nice people and I don't think they're trying to screw me.  Somebody in the neighborhood told them there's a rule, and they don't want to upset anybody.  She did say she'd keep an eye out and see if anybody else does it.

If this rule is true.... it's probably a conspiracy by the local carwash owners.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]186733[/snapback][/right]

Aside from the municipal bylaws, there are also neighbourhood convenances that might disallow car washing. These would have been included where the homeowner purchased their home. There might very well be something in there about the washing of vehicles. I have seen and read a few instances and agreements.

Waterloo Region will have a lot stricter bylaws for water use. Starting in June, I can only wash my car on Mondays. So...my days off have shifted accordingly. :rolleyes:
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
The thing is... covenants are pretty much unenforcable. The police can't do anything about it.

We have them in my neighborhood. No boats, no RV's, no trailers, no sheds, no wooden fences. I knew about them an approved before I bought.

But, my neighbor built a gawdaweful white plastic shed, but theres nothing I can do about it.

Anyway, I just came back to post this... so, I can't wash my car here, but one of the local yokels is driving his fullsize dumptruck around the neighborhood, with a child on his lap, blowing the air horn. Another kid is driving some sort of REALLY loud minibike up and down the street. No licencse, he's too young, but he's got a helmet. None of the neighborhood kids he's giving rides to have lids though. There's a lawsuit waiting to happen. And another kid driving his mountain bike across everybody's front lawn.

Good times!