Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move Over Smart Here Comes The Clever
nass,May 2 2006, 09:50 PM Wrote:
habmann,May 3 2006, 01:32 AM Wrote:Its interesting, but i doubt that it could ever pass canadian crash standards. Unless they classify it as a motorcyle.

And i think the smart will still sell well, its got 2 seats alteast and a lil bit of trunk room. The clever is only 1 seat and i dont' see a trunk.
[right][snapback]184859[/snapback][/right]

Quote:Just over three feet wide, the Clever seats two, with the passenger directly behind the driver.

you're right about trunk space but this is meant for the commuter going into and out of the city.
[right][snapback]184866[/snapback][/right]

I agree with Nass on this one Totally, just because this would be a very smart commuter car for anyone traveling to Toronto from places like Hamilton / KW / Aurora areas because of the fuel savings and ease of parking one of these, as most people don't car pool still.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
None of the advantages of a motorcycle and all of the disadvantages of a motorcycle say I. Not to mention it probably will cost plenty compared to a bike; so much more that the fuel savings will never make up the difference in buy in cost.

Also, for those unaware motorcycles and scooters no longer have to pay meter parking in Toronto anymore and I always got away with "Boulevard" parking where space permited anyway (stuffing it in nooks and crannies anywhere I could or between a couple planters where the sidewalks were wide like on Queen St. etc.) There was even free motorcycle parking at the airport under the departure ramp at T2.

To own one of those trikes you will need a motorcycle license anyway as was the case with the Corbin Sparrow which is incidently discontnued as of a few years ago for the same reasons I stated. Trikes are ghey.

http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/images/...n-sparrow00.jpg
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Watever the T-Rex is cool. Anyone find out the price on that bad boy?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,May 3 2006, 01:05 PM Wrote:Watever the T-Rex is cool. Anyone find out the price on that bad boy?
[right][snapback]185063[/snapback][/right]

Last time i checked...or saw..the t-rex sells for about $35, 000...

with that said i'm not sure buying something like that, for that much would really be worth it...
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Phantom,May 3 2006, 07:05 PM Wrote:Watever the T-Rex is cool. Anyone find out the price on that bad boy?

yeah trust me you dont want to know how much.

i think i saw one in Ebay for 38K
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,May 3 2006, 03:20 PM Wrote:
Phantom,May 3 2006, 07:05 PM Wrote:Watever the T-Rex is cool. Anyone find out the price on that bad boy?

yeah trust me you dont want to know how much.

i think i saw one in Ebay for 38K
[right][snapback]185082[/snapback][/right]
Well f*** for that much money I'd rather just build my own doombuggy style device. Cept with a v-8 over a 4 cylinder. Keep the weight right in check about 1000lbs and you could have one hell of a fun ride. Minus the road legality.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clever Scorpion 1 909 06-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Last Post: torradan