Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm So Happy I Could Cry...seriously.
AKI BERG WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO LEAFS!!!!!!!!!

Tequillas in my office boys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finland's state television network YLE reported on their website yesterday that Toronto Maple Leafs has confirmed rumours that Aki Berg won't be returning to the NHL next season. He instead will return to Finland, where he might play for TPS.

With a now gaping hole in thier defence, should the leafs look to plug it by trade or fill in with a rookie from the farm team.

This news comes as a blow to the club, as they had plans to trade him early next season, with hopes of packaging him with a 3rd rounder in exchange for Todd Bertuzzi and Anson Carter, or according to rumors, perhaps Mike Modano and Marty Turco of the Dallas stars.
Quick, someone check and see if hell froze over. Who wants to call my ex and see if the transformation to a glacier is complete?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The Toronto Maple Leafs, now with 33% more sucking power. :lol:

Looks like Domi will need a new "partner".
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Hey oscar.....If you're not a Leaf fan you ouldn't understand the feelings I'm having right now.

So piss off please.
Whose next?

I hope Tucker. Then other big names will want to come to TO. His presence in a Maple Leaf jersey has others saying no to a trade to TO.

But happy day! Good bye you POS>
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
)))hug meford(((( can you believe it????

*tears*
ANTHONYD,Apr 27 2006, 09:15 AM Wrote:Hey oscar.....If you're not a Leaf fan you ouldn't understand the feelings I'm having right now.

So piss off please.
[right][snapback]183624[/snapback][/right]

Pfft.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
That is good news... Toronto is slowly getting rid of the bad players!
ANTHONYD,Apr 27 2006, 08:50 AM Wrote:With a now gaping hole in thier defence, should the leafs look to plug it by trade or fill in with a rookie from the farm team.
[right][snapback]183613[/snapback][/right]

Didn't they have one of these all year?
I really hope this opens to door to get some good players now.

I heard a few weeks ago that he was "retiring"... and when I told Mish, there was much rejoicing.

Maybe they need to just switch places with the Marlies for a few games.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
WHOO HOO!

Finally Aki Berg dissapears from the Leafs lineup and the Finnish Fu#$tard is finally out of my gunsights :banger:

As sick as I am right now, this makes me feel 1000% precent better! Cheers! :beerchug:

NefCanuck
did i read that the leafs are trying to land Anson Carter or Mike Modano??

now even I like that!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Apr 27 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:did i read that the leafs are trying to land Anson Carter or Mike Modano??

now even I like that!
[right][snapback]183663[/snapback][/right]

they'd better be free agents - who are the they going to offer for those guys ? Sundin straight up ? Not sure if thats doable ?
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
dlb,Apr 27 2006, 12:06 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Apr 27 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:did i read that the leafs are trying to land Anson Carter or Mike Modano??

now even I like that!
[right][snapback]183663[/snapback][/right]

they'd better be free agents - who are the they going to offer for those guys ? Sundin straight up ? Not sure if thats doable ?
[right][snapback]183674[/snapback][/right]

That's not doable for several reasons chief among them being the money. It isn't an even trade money wise and the Leafs have bungled the cap so badly that they'll be hamstrung for a few years at least unless the cap gets jacked up seriously...

NefCanuck