FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question Regarding Focus Parts Purchase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay folks, here's my situation in a nutshell, bare with a bit of off topicness first.

Well, it looks like I get medical clearance to drive for at least one more year based on the tests I had today (Confirmation comes tommorow with the follow up appointment)

Now, I want to buy a Steeda short ram air intake for the Focus and new HVAC knobs. My question being: Has anyone dealt with Steeda for Focus parts and do they have them in stock usually? My plan was to buy the articles at the Steeda shop in Milton and get a hand installing the new intake (I can handle installation of the HVAC knobs :P)

I'm also debating an MBRP exhaust but that's gonna require shop space to install that or eating an hour labour charge :ph34r:

Thanks for any info folks

NefCanuck
I bought the steeda intake when i first got my focus, and they didn't have any in stock at the time. My best advice would be to call ahead before you show up unless your local. For me i drove from hamilton only to find out that the parts i wanted weren't in stock. The install on the intake is really easy, just a couple of screws and a few hose clamps and you're done.

The MBRP you can't go wrong with. I believe they will install it at their shop for you. I know a few members have had that done.
i like the look of these and have a set in my car.....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Custom-AC-Knobs-for-For...1QQcmdZViewItem

they also make these..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Exotic-Style-Billet-AC-...1QQcmdZViewItem

something a little different from Steeda's :D

http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product_type_713.asp
Quote:The MBRP you can't go wrong with. I believe they will install it at their shop for you.

Yes if your up for the drive to Huntsville MBRP will do the install for free. Call in advance and he will build the System and book you in for the installation. Huntsville is about 3 hours north. I am going to do this once the cash comes in. The only thing in that he is not open on weekends, so you will have to find time during the week. By doing this you will have the exhaust installed by the manufactuer and you save on shipping. Its the only way to go in my mind.
I have a 2005 as well I was going to get the Steeda Short ram intake, and the MBRP exhaust only downside being in regina harder to get the parts, prolly going to order from states.
Here's my suggestion. Ask mitch what he has in the way of intakes for your car. I bet he can save you some $$ and it would come right to your door.
The intake is an easy install. The HVAC knobs, check eBay as they do come up for sale and cheaper than Steeda. Just be patient.
As for the exhaust. Drive up there. It might work out the same (tank of gas=shipping charges) and they install free.

And great news that ddd is still on the road.

ever seen these?

http://www.intakesandexhaust.com/product_i...54e0740f1156456
meford4u,Mar 22 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:Here's my suggestion.  Ask mitch what he has in the way of intakes for your car.  I bet he can save you some $$ and it would come right to your door.
The intake is an easy install.  The HVAC knobs, check eBay as they do come up for sale and cheaper than Steeda.  Just be patient.
As for the exhaust.  Drive up there.  It might work out the same (tank of gas=shipping charges) and they install free.

And great news that ddd is still on the road.

ever seen these?

http://www.intakesandexhaust.com/product_i...54e0740f1156456
[right][snapback]176473[/snapback][/right]

I'll do that, but what I liked about the Steeda is the short ram & easy install (as much as a true CAI would be nice, I'd suck up water as sure as the sun rises in the east :ph34r: )

Well, for the MBRP exhaust I'd just have to get the time off work since they don''t do weekends (Unless they're open Easter Monday... Hrm, a plan perhaps?)

As to those other knobs, they look okay but I think I'd have problems operating them with my right hand, too round & smooth, I need an edge to catch with the hand.

WEll, this is still to be 100% confirmed by the doctor himself, but the technician showedd me the results this year versus previous years and this year did show an improvement so yeah3D is still looking to be on the road... watch out :lol:
I think that mitch is going to be able to beat their prices, and there are many members on this site who i'm sure would give you a hand installing most bolt ons for as little as a plate of wings and some beer.

Steeda installs their parts yes, but there is a cost.

From my experience, if Mitch can get it, he can get you a better price than most. He pays for that little banner.....click click.. :)

It's a (much) more expensive option but have you considered the european automatic climate control? That way you just have to set it once and you are always good to go.

[Image: ecs.jpg]

2001 ZTS,Mar 22 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:It's a (much) more expensive option but have you considered the european automatic climate control? That way you just have to set it once and you are always good to go.
[right][snapback]176481[/snapback][/right]

Oh man, if only that were a viable option, but seeing as how I have an '05 and the entire centre stack is 180 degrees different, I'd be looking at some serious coin to fab something in and that assuming that the NA Focus can be rigged to do that in the first place :(

NefCanuck
Get MBRP to install the exhaust for you at the shop. Yeah it's free or close to free, but not only that, the fitment will be awesome!

As for the intake, I'd just spend the cash on an AEM or Injen intake...although they are on the pricey side.

Glad to hear someone's back on the road...
Nef, you're in Mississauga, it's like a 20 min ride out to Milton (Steeda.ca) to pick it up. Yes, they'll have to order it in, but the wait was like a week for the intake (unlike the shifter that was on backorder and took almost 2 months. )

I have the Steeda Short Ram, the install is pretty easy, if you were near Hamilton I could help you throw it in in my garage. It's really pretty easy, like 20 minutes tops (mind you, I left the lower snorkle in so I could throw the OEM lunchbox in if there was a dealer issue.)

A true CAI is better no doubt, but although I'm doing minor mods (for now), it is my A-B work car (100km/day) and I'd feel kinda silly hydrolocked on the side of the QEW at 3am.

As for the exhaust, I'd suggest paying to get it installed. I'd personally do my own, but I wouldn't offer to do someone else's as I've never done a kit exhaust before.
He knows, or should know that there are plenty of us that would afford a day set aside to help him or any other member with their s***.

I have a son who is a mechanic and I have a hard time getting him to do stuff free for me.

But we all don't have to be that way.

Just ask Daniel.
2001 ZTS,Mar 22 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:It's a (much) more expensive option but have you considered the european automatic climate control? That way you just have to set it once and you are always good to go.

[Image: ecs.jpg]

pretty sure the 05+ use the exact same Hvac controls....

so these would still be an option!

i know i've been drooling over them since i first saw them, but cheaped out and got the svt surround and billet knobs
2001 ZTS,Mar 22 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:[Image: ecs.jpg]

How hard is the install on one of these? Is it just plug and play? Definately an overpriced option but a cool option.
meford4u,Mar 22 2006, 10:07 PM Wrote:He knows, or should know that there are plenty of us that would afford a day set aside to help him or any other member with their s***.

I have a son who is a mechanic and I have a hard time getting him to do stuff free for me.

But we all don't have to be that way.

Just ask Daniel.
[right][snapback]176509[/snapback][/right]

Okay after I get back from the doctor tommorow and get the final okay I'm gonna ring up Steeda and see them about the intake & knobs and I'll put out the call (The exhaust is I think best left to pros with cutting tools, two winters in and even sprayed I'll bet the exhaust will be a mofo to get off <_< )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 01:43 AM Wrote:Okay after I get back from the doctor tommorow and get the final okay I'm gonna ring up Steeda and see them about the intake & knobs and I'll put out the call (The exhaust is I think best left to pros with cutting tools, two winters in and even sprayed I'll bet the exhaust will be a mofo to get off <_< )[right][snapback]176531[/snapback][/right]
While you're at it, you should order the SVT HVAC bezel from them if you're interested in one, they're about the cheapest for new that I had found when I bought mine.
UPDATE

Now that I got the medical clearance (aside from having to go in to get my eyes lasered, pardon me while I have Goldfinger flashbacks <_< :P) I've called up Steeda and will be picking up the short ram tommorow (The person I spoke to says that it is in stock, we'll see)

Assuming that it is, I'm putting out the call for help to install this thing.

Anybody in the GTA willing to give me a hand for say, a case of beer? Lemme know.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:UPDATEAssuming that it is, I'm putting out the call for help to install this thing.

Anybody in the GTA willing to give me a hand for say, a case of beer? Lemme know.
[right][snapback]176645[/snapback][/right]
While I can't make it to TO, if you haven't got someone local the offer still stands for my garage in Hamilton.

I'll even waive the beer fee and supply a couple of my own.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 23 2006, 06:29 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:UPDATEAssuming that it is, I'm putting out the call for help to install this thing.

[right][snapback]176645[/snapback][/right]
While I can't make it to TO, if you haven't got someone local the offer still stands for my garage in Hamilton.

I'll even waive the beer fee and supply a couple of my own.
[right][snapback]176650[/snapback][/right]

Well if he does come down to hamilton, i think we might need to have a hamilton meet. I'm not doing much these days maybe i'll stop by and lend a hand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4