FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt In The Shop......again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My car is back at the dealer for the second time in two weeks. :angry:
Engine light is on. Last time all they could find wrong with it were loose clamps on the intake, so they tighten them and cleared the codes so the light went off. Sunday it came back on. I'm without my car until tomorrow when another tech will look at it. I should have asked for a loaner but if it an't fixed by tomorrow they will be bringing me one.
The car runs fine, just the stupid light is on.
Anyone have any ideas what it could be?
could you ask them what code it is reading? With that code many of us could help you fix it.

Hell Ford is so stupid. My CEL came on and they had to call the head ford headquaters to figure out what it was. I posted it all up a while ago. Never did here from them. Since then I fixed it myself.
They said it wasn't giving any codes,they cleared it so the light would go out.
Engine light was on but no DTC codes came up?? Werid....
Maybe the O 2 sensor? At least that was the problem with my SVTF when the engine light came on.
Next time the CEL comes on I would goto the part source and ask them if you can use a OBD2 reader for 2 seconds. Get the DTC code and post up what it reads.
I'm hoping to know tomorrow...if they figure it out.
Great suggestion, Jay. If it happens again I'll do that for sure.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 19 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:Engine light was on but no DTC codes came up?? Werid....
[right][snapback]123624[/snapback][/right]

Code xxxxxxx - Malfuctioning Check Engine Light
Raine,Jul 20 2005, 03:54 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Jul 19 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:Engine light was on but no DTC codes came up?? Werid....

[right][snapback]123658[/snapback][/right]

hahaha :lol:

My OBD2 reader has already paid for itself and I've only had it for a couple of months. Just yesterday I saved my dad $100 that the stealership wanted for a read.

I plugged in the OBD2 reader and found that there was an evaporative emission control malfunction. Read up further on the internet, and checked the gas cap and found out that it was loose. I tightened the cap, cleared the CEL and everything was fine. My dad is getting on in years (81) and I guess he is not tightening the cap enough.

The stealership would have charged him another $100 to tighten the cap. :angry:
dBlast,Jul 20 2005, 05:59 AM Wrote:The stealership would have charged him another $100 to tighten the cap. :angry:
[right][snapback]123660[/snapback][/right]

Frig thats sad.
Disable your battery for an hour or so.

That should reset it.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?
[right][snapback]123582[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Mine came on once when I skimped out and bought cheap gas. Are you buying 91+ octane?
Flofocus,Jul 20 2005, 01:13 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Jul 20 2005, 05:59 AM Wrote:The stealership would have charged him another $100 to tighten the cap. :angry:

Frig thats sad.
[right][snapback]123680[/snapback][/right]

yeah no kidding...that would have pissed me off so bad. My CEL light came on, the it didnt say anything was wrong, so they cleared the code and its been all good. Clear a code for $100 bucks...damn.
I had a sensor replaced a couple months ago... forget which one it was but it was covered under warranty. I'm pretty sure it threw a code tho.
Just got a call from the dealership... they say it is the fuel pump ...no presure in the fuel rail. They need to order the part should be here tomorrow. I get my car back until the part comes in. I waiting for them to come pick me up as I write this. I just hope they order the right part. This is the second fuel pump for my car. I hate being without my wheels and I get to go throught all tomorrow again.
I can hardly wait for these problems to start showing up in my car. 6197km and counting :(
dBlast,Jul 20 2005, 05:59 AM Wrote:
Raine,Jul 20 2005, 03:54 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]123658[/snapback][/right]

hahaha :lol:

My OBD2 reader has already paid for itself and I've only had it for a couple of months. Just yesterday I saved my dad $100 that the stealership wanted for a read.

I plugged in the OBD2 reader and found that there was an evaporative emission control malfunction. Read up further on the internet, and checked the gas cap and found out that it was loose. I tightened the cap, cleared the CEL and everything was fine. My dad is getting on in years (81) and I guess he is not tightening the cap enough.

The stealership would have charged him another $100 to tighten the cap. :angry:

Gm charged my mom $ 100 for a new cap and code chech. haha
SVT ZX3,Jul 20 2005, 03:20 PM Wrote:I can hardly wait for these problems to start showing up in my car. 6197km and counting :(
[right][snapback]123945[/snapback][/right]

They usually start showing up after 10,000 km.
So far my son SVT doesn't have any problems and he just passed it. :ph34r:

When I went to pick up my car I was told that the fuel pump had not been replaced. Maybe the dealer that said they did actually didn't. Not the dealer I'm dealing with now.
well mine has 31k miles on it..(almost 50k kms) and so far never had a problem with the fuel pump or so...just the evaporative emissions thing,(not a loose gas cap) that is going to be replaced by warranty..and other couple of things, but so far nothing really big to be scared of...
5 head units
5 horns..
1 catalytic converter...
front brake rotors and pads...
& a sensor that I cant recall...
redsvtfocus,Jul 20 2005, 07:16 PM Wrote:well mine has 31k miles on it..(almost 50k kms) and so far never had a problem with the  fuel pump or so...just the evaporative emissions thing,(not a loose gas cap) that is going to be replaced by warranty..and other couple of things, but so far nothing really big to be scared of...
5 head units
5 horns..
1 catalytic converter...
front brake rotors and pads...
& a sensor that I cant recall...
[right][snapback]123985[/snapback][/right]

5 horns and headunits, i know the stereo's are trouble makers but a horn, it's a damn horn :lol: That's plain crazy
Pages: 1 2 3