FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2011 FC.net Fall Tour & BBQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 2011FCFallTour.jpg]

Google Maps

Hey everyone!

Well it's about that time again. The leaves are turning colour, the temperature is dropping and the ladies are back to wearing pants... So it's time to put a few more KM's on the summer tires before the winters go on or the car goes in for storage.

This event is open to everyone and every make or model. It will start @10am, located in Brampton like the last one in the above ground parking lot at Bramalea City Center. I mapped out a fairly easy route but this does have some twists and is not for the pavement queens. We are hitting some dirt roads. Big Grin Well I hope you can all make it.

*** NEW***

So we have decided to add in a BBQ at the end of the event. We will be going to Belfountain Conservation Park. Entrance to the park is $4.75 per Adult and $2.75 per child (6-12). I am going to book us a Propane BBQ for use. Everyone is expected to bring they're own food please. I will bring some Tasty Burgers and Cheese but I won't bring toppings. Also please bring your camping chairs too.

After we eat we can explorer the park, take some pics and walk the path around the lake. It should be fun. So bring some running shoes. Just hope it doesn't rain lol.

Make sure you bring your 2-Way Radios too!!!

Top Level Above Ground Parking Lot

Time
10am

Date
October 16th, 2011

im in!
(09-20-2011, 11:19 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]im in!

I couldn't make it last year John, is there a bbq or anything happening at the forks?
I should be able to make this...

I think we can whip up a little bbq. John, let's see if we can find a park or somewhere where we can set up at the end of the cruise for a bbq.

count me in! i need a well deserved cruise with the new focus, this summers been s**t for me haha, too many accidents and yelling at insurance companies...which reminds me, new focus is officially insured and on the road today!
I'm a maybe on this one. Supposed to go to sunny warm Flin Flon, Manitoba in mid/late October. Sad
I'm in.

I really like the BBQ part.

Should we:
a/ let a volunteer handle it all with a cost to participants?
or
b/ everyone bring something?

John, could you include an address or postal or Long and Lat for GPS'ers?

(09-21-2011, 03:23 AM)2009SEL Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in.

I really like the BBQ part.

Should we:
a/ let a volunteer handle it all with a cost to participants?
or
b/ everyone bring something?

My vote would be for everyone to bring their own ... thinking selfishly for the moment that would be easier for me to deal with the kids etc and I think it would also be easier on the organizers too.

edit: not sure if this is germane or not, but the Caledon Ski Club has their annual meeting and equipment sale that day.

edit 2: both Terra Cotta Conservation Area and Belfountain Conservation Area are open and take picnic reservations - they feature decent parking, good washrooms and other amenities; downside is it costs to get in.

The BBQ idea sounds good. but I am swapped with gettign a new job and dealing with a bunch of personal BS right now.

Ken and DP could one of you two take care of this for me.

Ken: i know every park cost to get in. So I guess pick one, find the price and explaine how much to everyone. And yes ppl should bring they own food. Because everyone is picky in they're own way lol
(09-22-2011, 02:36 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]The BBQ idea sounds good. but I am swapped with gettign a new job and dealing with a bunch of personal BS right now.

Ken and DP could one of you two take care of this for me.

Ken: i know every park cost to get in. So I guess pick one, find the price and explaine how much to everyone. And yes ppl should bring they own food. Because everyone is picky in they're own way lol

I'll look into the park and make a recommendation ... off the top of my head I think the Belfountain Conservation Area looks good - and it's right in town where there's a couple of ice cream and coffee shops etc ... it's not a huge park but it's October so it shouldn't be too busy.
Hmm... Might have to make it out for this cruise... I'll see what the wifes saying
ZTWSquared, if you can find the park, I'll bring the BBQs.
Actually, the Blefountain Conservation Area Ken listed will provide a BBQ and Propane for $45.

http://www.creditvalleyca.ca/enjoy-the-o...c-rentals/

I'm gonna visit it this weekend and see what its all about.

This is looking good!!!
(09-23-2011, 12:39 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]ZTWSquared, if you can find the park, I'll bring the BBQs.

Sounds like a plan ... I can also bring a butane camp stove (for coffee etc) and a small charcoal bbq
(09-23-2011, 12:43 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the Blefountain Conservation Area Ken listed will provide a BBQ and Propane for $45.

http://www.creditvalleyca.ca/enjoy-the-o...c-rentals/

I'm gonna visit it this weekend and see what its all about.

This is looking good!!!

Did you want to make the reservation while you're there John, or should I call.
I wanna make it out for some driving.
I will try and make the reservation when I'm there. If I cant I'll send you a text letting you know I failed lol.

And Nik, there will be driving lol
Looks like fun, sadly i will be at a trade show that weekend. It would have been nice to attend a meet this year and get to know you guys but i guess it will have to wait until next year.
Should be able to make this. I'll know for sure closer to the date. This is always a fun cruise, rain or shine.
I'll see what I can do to be part of this, I think I'll probably end up working that weekend
I'll be there guys. how bad are the roads exactly?
Pages: 1 2 3