FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Official FR12 Focuscanada.net Discussion thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey guys,

so in 6 months, FR12 and the All ford nationals in Carlisle will be happening. I went last year along with the boys from out west, but we didnt have any sort of canadian presence down there. Id like to see a few more of us come down this year so im starting this thread now that the details have been worked out at FR12.

All details for event can be found at Focusrising.com or on the focusrising facebook page.

I am personally planning on going down on the thursday again and will be staying until monday morning where i will make my return trip back.

Total driving time from the GTA is about 7-8 hours dependant on gas stops, bathroom breaks, food and traffic. I made it in just under 7 hours last year.

Hope to see some people step up to the plate for it, it is a wiked event and definitely a lot of great memories of last year and some great friends i have made from it aswell. Any questions you can PM me or BBM me if your so lucky to still have that.

List of those who are planning on attending and the maybe planning on attending:

planning to attend:
Jamie + some (going 100%)
John
Korby+1
Oscar - confirmed, booked off!
Luke
eric - confirmed, booked off!
sean - confirmed, booked off!

maybe:
jamie #2
JMcustoms
jonathan
brandon
chris
leo
02_svt_guy

I'm in this year. I missed last year and wished that I went lol.

Come on ppl, it's not that much $$ for a lot of fun!!
I want to go, but i dont know if i want to do 13 hours for a car show hahaha
from what I hear its more like a 48 hour party.
so its in june? where is it? I wouldn't mine taking the focus out for a good road trip after its done. It should be good to go by then. gives lots of time to save up some moola too!

02ztsian

hmmmm im interested in going to this one, i wanted to go last year, maybe ill try to get some time off
(01-13-2012, 01:43 PM)JMCustoms Wrote: [ -> ]I want to go, but i dont know if i want to do 13 hours for a car show hahaha

Its more then just a car show, there is a swap meet, ford special vehicles on display, ford test drives, Dyno on site, thousands of cars to check out and on top of that we have a bbq in our area for our own eating enjoyment too.

(01-13-2012, 01:44 PM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]from what I hear its more like a 48 hour party.

48 hours? try thursday night to sunday night, im not doing the math this early in the morning but were talking a lot of fun, partying and just usual shenanigans!

(01-13-2012, 11:47 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]hmmmm im interested in going to this one, i wanted to go last year, maybe ill try to get some time off

3 days off, this early in advance should be a breeze! thursday to monday so you only miss a few days if you dont work weekends

Damn, I might be down... That means I have a s**t ton of stuff to get done before then... From getting my passport to having my turbo installed and all the bugs worked out.
I've booked it off.
looks like i need a passport! im going to try to get my brother and father
in on this one, get 3 fords going there!....hopefully the focus WRC replica will be done.....LEO!...lol
K well I think were a go guys!! Talked to wife and she says as of now sure!!! So that means I've gotta start getting my s**t together on my car! 6 months is loads of time!!
tons of time! im glad to hear we have some interested party's. Only thing now will be people coming through as no1 did last year!!!

Just a heads up for those who are new to this, you will need to register with Carlisle Events, and in doing so you need to register yourself under FOCUS RISING
Put me down as maybe
Jamie can you toss a link?? Also anyone gonna enter the young guns competition? Or is focus rising kinda it's own thing?
I remember that time I registered but didn't go...

In this year, mostly because I have a job and can therefore afford it!
Luc i can maybe hop in with you? I wouldnt mind going but i dont want to drive the car over there lol, just a thought
here is the AFN site: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/events/ford-nationals/
for registration: http://store.carlisleevents.com/ProductD...e=2012-027
and register under classes 143-145 depending on your car (svt/zx3 stock and modded or wagon/sedan/zx5 stock/modded class)

also, focusrising has their own awards outside AFN awards so if you dont win at AFN you may for FR as there are ALOT of awards available
(01-14-2012, 01:14 PM)JMCustoms Wrote: [ -> ]Luc i can maybe hop in with you? I wouldnt mind going but i dont want to drive the car over there lol, just a thought

split costs and I'm ok with it lol
i ll see if i can attend this one, i might have to go visit my parents in korea and possibly visit japan where my dad is working at.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5