FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Annual Fc Camping Trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi Everyone,

Booking for Pog lake from June 19th - 22nd is now open on the Ontario Parks website.

I've booked site 209, and my buddy Pat is on Site 207. I believe Andrew also has his site booked by the lake...

[Image: pog-lake-map.png]

As everyone knows, it's a great time, and highly recommended... here's some pics from years past...

[Image: n510145994_124493_3897.jpg]
[Image: n510145994_124501_6338.jpg]
[Image: n510145994_124520_2247.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2812.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1708.jpg]
[Image: DSCN1725.jpg]
[Image: DSCN1753.jpg]
[Image: DSCN1763.jpg]
[Image: DSCN1814.jpg]
[Image: DSCN1835.jpg]

BOOK SOON TO ENSURE A SITE!
Oh the irony of posting a 'summer' topic on a day like this....
j3rt,Jan 28 2009, 02:53 PM Wrote:Oh the irony of posting a 'summer' topic on a day like this....
[right][snapback]280344[/snapback][/right]

Days like today make me wish for the summer... just book your site already :P

If anyone wants to share a site, let me know, we can work it out.
Count me in.

I'll book this week.

a.
ANTHONYD,Jan 28 2009, 03:02 PM Wrote:Count me in.

I'll book this week.

a.
[right][snapback]280346[/snapback][/right]

sweet!
I'm definitly there.
Possible!! Major system launch here at work the week after.

Who's bringing significant others? And significant others I don't mean your funnel Matt or endless supply of bottles Andrew!!!
LoL Im sure Significant others are welcome just like my FUNNEL Mr. LUCAS :P lol Yeap I'll be there as usual. If you can make it Lucas I'm sure you can crash at my place the night before so you dont have to make a 6 hr trip. Unless your up for making the 6 hr trip in one day :lol:!

And Steve thanks for the posting of my famous picture. Its good to know its easy to stack a 24 on me. :P
Might be able to make it. As you guys heard, we had a raft of layoffs here and it's no secret that it takes a few more man-hours for 3 guys to do the work of 5.

I'll have a yak with my g/f and see if she wants to go. I'll need to hit the dog-friendly side for good ole' Tank, tho. He's a camping must - he's so good!
i wanna go

i'll try
Lemme research and see if I can come up with a container that can keep a constant temp that doesn't require constant power. I'd like to hit one of these...

NefCanuck
I'm kinda a maybe this year depending on the date of the King of the Hill Races this year.
I want to go again this year but going to have to check the schedule. With the baby and all it may be tough this time around. Maybe my parents in Kearney will want to spend a weekend with the little one or ones. If I do make it hopefully I won't break 2 wheel studs again on the way home due to a inexperienced tire tech. That made for a really slow trip home last year.
[Image: IMG_1653.jpg]
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 28 2009, 08:48 PM Wrote:I want to go again this year but going to have to check the schedule.  With the baby and all it may be tough this time around.  Maybe my parents in Kearney will want to spend a weekend with the little one or ones.  If I do make it hopefully I won't break 2 wheel studs again on the way home due to a inexperienced tire tech.  That made for a really slow trip home last year.
[Image: IMG_1653.jpg]
[right][snapback]280365[/snapback][/right]

Don't wry buddy if you go Jen and I will follow along with you for the ride there and/or back, that way you have a skilled tire tech near by lol. :D
Scorcher000,Jan 29 2009, 09:32 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 28 2009, 08:48 PM Wrote:I want to go again this year but going to have to check the schedule.  With the baby and all it may be tough this time around.  Maybe my parents in Kearney will want to spend a weekend with the little one or ones.  If I do make it hopefully I won't break 2 wheel studs again on the way home due to a inexperienced tire tech.  That made for a really slow trip home last year.

Don't wry buddy if you go Jen and I will follow along with you for the ride there and/or back, that way you have a skilled tire tech near by lol. :D
[right][snapback]280373[/snapback][/right]

But how are you at doing a roadside wheel stud swap? Hwy 11 isn't the best road to be doing work on a car along the shoulder, ESP on the drivers side. :o
Don't wry about it :D Try chaning Transport wheels in the Skyway bridge and everytime and truck went by the dam thing would lift off the jack by 5 inches. Been there done that :lol:
NefCanuck,Jan 28 2009, 07:16 PM Wrote:Lemme research and see if I can come up with a container that can keep a constant temp that doesn't require constant power.  I'd like to hit one of these...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]280359[/snapback][/right]

I see some electric coolers online that cool and warm... and there's also this.

Frio wallet That you soak in water and it's supposed to keep meds cool..
Nef,

Buy a cooler that can plug into your car. They aren't that bad as I have used one before with overnighters out in the woods and it was fine with the battery(mind you I have a dry cell in the truck).

Oh, and news flash.

I might go this year.
Nef.. I found a cooler that can be set any temperature between -5C and +55C .. .

goto mgdomline.co.uk and check out the CB 25 Power Cooler ... just need to find something in Canada along the same lines.

and koolatron have coolers that can maintain a set temp as well.

Get one of those coolers... fill it with containers of water and your meds... the cooler will maintain a long term temp, and the containers of water will help regulate the temperature over longer periods of time.
meford4u,Jan 29 2009, 12:52 PM Wrote:Nef,

Buy a cooler that can plug into your car.  They aren't that bad as I have used one before with overnighters out in the woods and it was fine with the battery(mind you I have a dry cell in the truck).

Oh, and news flash.

I might go this year.
[right][snapback]280378[/snapback][/right]

Glad to hear you're thinking of possibly maybe coming. Want to go on a hike? We may do the wheelchair accessible one this year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6