FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Creaking front end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just started yesterday, sounds like the front driver side. It is making a creaking sound when I drive. Even getting in and out of the car it creaks. I am think the driver side front strut is gone? Not sure, anyone else experience this?
(05-09-2013, 01:59 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Just started yesterday, sounds like the front driver side. It is making a creaking sound when I drive. Even getting in and out of the car it creaks. I am think the driver side front strut is gone? Not sure, anyone else experience this?

could be strut mounts or end links.
I thought end links but I put new ones on about 3 months ago, I have read that they are prone to go.
Yea I switched to the ones massive offers. They are great. How many kms on the car?
im gonna say strut bearing
My car just passed 109,000 kms.

(05-09-2013, 04:08 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]im gonna say strut bearing

From reading online I think you may be right. Anyone know how long I can drive it like this? Is it still safe?
Do it asap because it will throw your alignment out.
I was looking at buying Ford Racing svt suspension for my ZX5 and with my strut bearing going I mid as well order it. Is ordering right from the Ford site the best way? Or is there another place to order it from?
Cfm. I just did the same thing you won't regret it. But I got the pre built struts and springs. But I have bigger sway bars on both the front and back.
(05-10-2013, 02:47 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Cfm. I just did the same thing you won't regret it. But I got the pre built struts and springs. But I have bigger sway bars on both the front and back.

I am going to get the pre built ones too, don't have the money for the extra sway bars but soon enough.
Yea even after shipping,duty and taxes its well under what ford wanted.
Preassembled struts take about 30 minutes per side to replace. That includes taking off the wheel and jacking it up. Smile

Just use a scribe and mark around your existing nuts on the strut tower. You'll get close to aligned that way.
(05-10-2013, 03:44 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea even after shipping,duty and taxes its well under what ford wanted.

??? Curious what comparison you're making.

The M-3000-ZX3a from C-F-M is $347 plus shipping from Florida, compared to Tousley Ford which is $297 plus shipping from Minnesota.

I like C-F-M and I've bought quite a few items there - but they're not who I think of first for Ford Racing stuff.

If I misunderstood what you're talking about - well then nevermind, and just ignore me LOL.
Compared to the ford stealership here
I can get ford racing. Let me price it out tomorrow
get from tousley lol, i can compare to C-F-M but not tousley
Will the M-3000-ZX3A suspension kit come with new strut bearings on the struts? Or will I have to order new ones?
Yip already on.
My SVT suspension came in today so I started the install. Got the front struts on no problem. But the back is terrible. I let some WD40 soak and I can't get the shock out or the springs. I am going to spray more WD40 overnight. Anyone have ways to get the terribly rusted bolts off?
PB Blaster is your friend. Soak the nuts and bolts in it. Works way better than WD-40.

(05-25-2013, 09:01 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: [ -> ]My SVT suspension came in today so I started the install. Got the front struts on no problem. But the back is terrible. I let some WD40 soak and I can't get the shock out or the springs. I am going to spray more WD40 overnight. Anyone have ways to get the terribly rusted bolts off?
Pages: 1 2