Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creaking front end
Just started yesterday, sounds like the front driver side. It is making a creaking sound when I drive. Even getting in and out of the car it creaks. I am think the driver side front strut is gone? Not sure, anyone else experience this?
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
(05-09-2013, 01:59 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: Just started yesterday, sounds like the front driver side. It is making a creaking sound when I drive. Even getting in and out of the car it creaks. I am think the driver side front strut is gone? Not sure, anyone else experience this?

could be strut mounts or end links.
I thought end links but I put new ones on about 3 months ago, I have read that they are prone to go.
2003 ZX5
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

Yea I switched to the ones massive offers. They are great. How many kms on the car?
im gonna say strut bearing
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
My car just passed 109,000 kms.

(05-09-2013, 04:08 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: im gonna say strut bearing

From reading online I think you may be right. Anyone know how long I can drive it like this? Is it still safe?
2003 ZX5
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

Do it asap because it will throw your alignment out.
I was looking at buying Ford Racing svt suspension for my ZX5 and with my strut bearing going I mid as well order it. Is ordering right from the Ford site the best way? Or is there another place to order it from?
2003 ZX5
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

Cfm. I just did the same thing you won't regret it. But I got the pre built struts and springs. But I have bigger sway bars on both the front and back.
(05-10-2013, 02:47 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: Cfm. I just did the same thing you won't regret it. But I got the pre built struts and springs. But I have bigger sway bars on both the front and back.

I am going to get the pre built ones too, don't have the money for the extra sway bars but soon enough.
2003 ZX5
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

Yea even after shipping,duty and taxes its well under what ford wanted.
Preassembled struts take about 30 minutes per side to replace. That includes taking off the wheel and jacking it up. Smile

Just use a scribe and mark around your existing nuts on the strut tower. You'll get close to aligned that way.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
(05-10-2013, 03:44 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: Yea even after shipping,duty and taxes its well under what ford wanted.

??? Curious what comparison you're making.

The M-3000-ZX3a from C-F-M is $347 plus shipping from Florida, compared to Tousley Ford which is $297 plus shipping from Minnesota.

I like C-F-M and I've bought quite a few items there - but they're not who I think of first for Ford Racing stuff.

If I misunderstood what you're talking about - well then nevermind, and just ignore me LOL.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Compared to the ford stealership here
I can get ford racing. Let me price it out tomorrow
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
get from tousley lol, i can compare to C-F-M but not tousley
Instagram @o_so_slo
Will the M-3000-ZX3A suspension kit come with new strut bearings on the struts? Or will I have to order new ones?
2003 ZX5
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

Yip already on.
My SVT suspension came in today so I started the install. Got the front struts on no problem. But the back is terrible. I let some WD40 soak and I can't get the shock out or the springs. I am going to spray more WD40 overnight. Anyone have ways to get the terribly rusted bolts off?
2003 ZX5
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

PB Blaster is your friend. Soak the nuts and bolts in it. Works way better than WD-40.

(05-25-2013, 09:01 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: My SVT suspension came in today so I started the install. Got the front struts on no problem. But the back is terrible. I let some WD40 soak and I can't get the shock out or the springs. I am going to spray more WD40 overnight. Anyone have ways to get the terribly rusted bolts off?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosis Help Needed - Front End Creaking While Turning Scourge 4 2,907 03-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Scourge
  Creaking Sound in Front-End moon111 9 4,117 04-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Last Post: moon111