FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Building a Boosted Duratec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
getting there john. keep it up man
Saturday is the day that this thing will be running and putting around the yard!!!
I've called in some favors with some ppl to be there and help out.
If anyone else wants to pop by and check it out just send me a PM and I'll send you the address in Brampton.
Video of it running is mandatory!
bramlidesh
whats going on with this thing john!!!!
Some of the puzzle pieces still need to be layer in but it's too dam cold to do so and I need to change my cams...
Crower FI stage 2's need 11-1 compression. I have much lower. So I know someone with a set of Crane stage 2's that will work for me lol.

Other then that it will turn over. It also needs some wiring for the LED taillights and some extra add one like my roll cage and some fiberglass worm on the interior.
well get on it!! get a heater cannon and I tan ok propane and go to town. that's how I worked on my focus one winter
So... How about those cams and a start up vid Wink
Yes sir!!!! This Saturday I will stuff them in and toss out the Crowers. Time her and start it. Oh, there will be a video too lol
Thanks buddy!
1 step forward and 2 steps back. Seems to be the Focus life...
I have to remove the head and do some valve work again!!!...
1-90psi, 2-0psi, 3-0psi and 4-5psi. Somehow the valves touched.
I think someone dropped my head on its side when it was wrapped up in the tire shop. I found it sitting on the valves one day... glad they aren't supertech valves...
Oh well another couple weeks and I will try it again.
The motor did almost start but only on one cylinder.
that sucks man. seems you have more set backs then anything Sad *hug*
Ya I know. It's ok though. Brandon hooked me up with a 2.0 and a 2.3 head. And I just ordered a set of valves. I'll unbolt it all and send her off to Berco to install new my Crower springs and new valves, guide and seals.
Terrible. Sad I've been fallowing this build intently too. Lol
still waiting for my return hug john
lol Sorry buddy I was all dirty from work. Here is your "HUG"

Anyway lol I just tore most of the bolt-on stuff from the head. Just need to get a pan. Drain the coolant and then I can remove the side cover and then the head.

Keep following it. I've taken my time. Thought everything was perfect but sometimes s**t happens. At least we have a great group of people on here that can help out at a moments notice. Thank you everyone!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9