FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dyno Day This Saturday!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
^ I like how this guy thinks.
My neighbor wants to come to in his Kia. Is this allowed? He's covered the badges so no one will know. It's a Forte 5 with turbo.
Bring em all out!!

And after we will play tug of war with the truck lol
I don't think we've ever had any restrictions on vehicle brand - AFAIK it's always been "everyone welcome."

Do we know yet what the cost will be? I think we should be getting commitments asap - like, starting now.

Perhaps some of us could get together and talk about helping Dru with the planning - especially if we intend on doing some kind of a cruise / meet / bbq in addition to the dyno.

May I suggest we put that on the agenda for this Monday's meet - hopefully Dru can make it out.
Damn, I would have liked to bring the new car out and see what it does stock but the brother in law's wedding is that day. Have fun guys!
Will do. And even of we can have dru on speaker phone while we figure stuff out. Or just talk in the coffee room if need be.

The cruise is still not planned. I'm not familiar with the roads over in that neck of the city. Could someone help us out with that???
(07-24-2014, 01:29 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we've ever had any restrictions on vehicle brand - AFAIK it's always been "everyone welcome."

But... it's a KIA. :-P
(07-25-2014, 06:16 AM)bawxcar Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2014, 01:29 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we've ever had any restrictions on vehicle brand - AFAIK it's always been "everyone welcome."

Kia's need love too! Tempted to talk my buddy into going with his stock 95 civic 1.5l for laughed. But it'd probably explode on the rollers.
True... they've come a long way from what they started with years ago. It's pretty clean other then the gas pedal is attached to the floor instead of the swing arm that we've become accustomed to with the Focus.
Hey guys I just updated the post. Ive been really busy with life, Baby, New Job, Moving, Everything. But i'll try to be online more often. CSCS was on Sept 21, 2014 so I was forced to reschedule as my advertising partner was not able to make it out.

Burnin you got a ST Very Nice

Bawxcar bring the Kia it can run in our JDM class

John no need for deposits i've got it covered. I'm going to mess around with Goggle Maps and see if I can find a nice route from Pickering to Richmond Hill. People i'm up for suggestions.

The Regulars, I really hope the new date and time works better for everyone.

The Eventbrite page is up and Open For Registration

I can offer a discount to the Focus Guys but SHH. Here's the catch, You gotta pay in full, in advance and use the paid in cash registration on the event page. I can do $55 I'll make it out to a Massiv Meet in late Aug or the 1st in Sept. Someones gotta give me a heads up on the dates thought lol.
Awesome!

I just registered for Joey and I. If you noticed, there are 2 tags for me... we will just leave it at that for now.

I can't wait!!!
You guys suck lol. Won't be making it out now. Our baby will just be born around that date. (Wife's due date) hope it all turns out good though!!
I'll be there, no dyno for me tho. Ill be sporting my winter broken bumper battle scars also aha. Hopefully i can get the daily on a decent suspension by then, had enough with the H&R sport springs lmao.
Yes sir I'm loving the ST. Unfortunatley I don't think ill be making the new date tho. Probably have to work so I can't commit, ill do my best to make it
I will bring out the auto SPI and put down like 70 WHP... gonna be fantastic! lol

so I'm not sure if I understand the payment option - I select the $0.00 "Register your info - pay in cash" option on the eventbrite.ca page, and then pay you $55 cash at one of the Massive Monday meets?
Yea or pay on dyno day . I really want to see what the spi puts down. I registered also , I think the classes are interesting this year . I'm assuming all cars are incorporated into them so not a focus only class ? Might bring out the red one if we get it boosted again but looking forward to this !
Yes pick the pay in cash and pay at Massiv. You can pay John as he usually collects on my behalf. If you choose to pay day of I can't give you guy's a discount. It wouldn't be fair and it would be hard to keep track of.

Sorry to hear that Saturday doesn't work for some people but DaSilva isn't available on Sunday the 14th. I would prefer a Sunday Morning as well but doesn't work out this year. Atl east we can sleep in lol
^ thanks for the clarification. registered!
(07-25-2014, 06:16 AM)bawxcar Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you looked at the Forte 5, the 2.0L is rated at 173hp/154lb-ft and the turbo is 200hp/195lb-ft. That's more power than the 2.0L Focus.
OK, so Joey will just watch so no $$ there but his name is there to boost numbers for total of people coming.
Also, my buddy and his buddies are making it out. They must have saw the ad somewhere like Garage16 or from GTArides as they know both on a personal level... So you can add 10-15 additional cars to the list that will show on the day of. And if it spreads out further we are looking at 20+ more to come.

This is going to be BIG!

Oh and for the JDM presenter, get Netronics to do it. He might actually be there to run my buddies car and a couple others on the rollers. As Honda guys don't trust others in they're cars...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5