FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Guy I Am Now Part Of The Poser Crew.. *pics*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
so.. i hugged my WRX goodbye one last time tonight....

[Image: 0501082205.jpg]

and joined poser crew ™ by switching to a 2008 328i base model (with sport package, hids and 6spd manual)

[Image: 0501082346.jpg]

after i ran the #s on my maintenance + payment on the sube i realized i could lease a free maintenance BMW for less.. so i figured.. F being ana1 maintenance with a 6yr old 84,000 mile car... time to be poser-ific and not care about a car with 17 miles

i'm a yuppie poser now :ph34r: (or have i always been.... :ph34r: ) :lol:

thats a nice looking car NAz....i don't blame ya

i still want WRX though :)
congrats Naz, just one question. How come you choose the 328 compared to C350 or C300 on the MB?
nice car, but they are utterly useless in the snow when they get stuck, I'm speaking from exp here... but good luck with the new car.
Frost__2001,May 2 2008, 06:43 AM Wrote:nice car, but they are utterly useless in the snow when they get stuck, I'm speaking from exp here... but good luck with the new car.
[right][snapback]263405[/snapback][/right]

cause they get alot of snow down in Cali :P
NikiterZTS,May 2 2008, 07:57 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,May 2 2008, 06:43 AM Wrote:nice car, but they are utterly useless in the snow when they get stuck, I'm speaking from exp here... but good luck with the new car.
[right][snapback]263405[/snapback][/right]

cause they get alot of snow down in Cali :P
[right][snapback]263406[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
nice upgrade!
mo_focus,May 2 2008, 11:31 AM Wrote:congrats Naz, just one question. How come you choose the 328 compared to C350 or C300 on the MB?
[right][snapback]263403[/snapback][/right]

free maintenance on the BMW for first 50k miles. including wear items.. my parents have the c class and its still a fair bit of $$$$ in maintenance. whole reason for my change was the lack of maintenance

and i've seen bone stock 328i dyno plot putting down 210rwhp. not sure if the dyno operator is inflating #s or not but ppl are suggesting the 328i is underrated and in fact very similar to the 255hp 330i

frost... ya i hear ya with the snow.. car is using RE050 II summer only tires no way i'd take it to the snow.. but then again i have been using summer only tires the full time since i moved to CA so i dont think this is any issue :)
Nice, yeah you get the "free" BMW maintenance built into your lease price but if you have payments & maintenance costs that you have to pay, then the switch is a no brainer IMO.

NefCanuck
old car payment 333 + old car avg maintenance 220 = ~$550 new car.. $500/mo all in

and i dont have to buy stupid 100 octane anymore so that's like $40-$50month less gas

better pics.. sorry we all know what it looks like.. but i'm excited

[Image: 0502080832.jpg]

[Image: 0502080832b.jpg]
Very nice!!
naz,May 2 2008, 11:07 AM Wrote:old car payment 333 + old car avg maintenance 220 = ~$550  new car.. $500/mo all in

and i dont have to buy stupid 100 octane anymore so that's like $40-$50month less gas

better pics.. sorry we all know what it looks like.. but i'm excited

[Image: 0502080832b.jpg]
[right][snapback]263436[/snapback][/right]

Nice but man that dash is so plain, I mean we're talking what looks like miles & miles of nothing, not even a clock to break up the surface a bit :huh:

Maybe they do the models higher up the BMW food chain differently, but I'd take my Fusion's dash any day over this BMW dash (Though I'm betting the leather in your BMW still beats mine :lol:)

NefCanuck
nef i agree you about the dash and in fact i think your car is nicer all around because i have the 'leatherette' (ie fake pleather) seats. :ph34r: (team poser™ FTW) :ph34r:

the mrs and i both felt that the BMW dash very very plain. but i guess that's just the 'stark minimalist' bmw interior design philosophy. i took a peak at the M3 dash.. not much better.. M5 dash. not much better.. i totally get it why some ppl would be like.. dude that is not a lot of car for the money. at first i felt that way too

after driving it for a bit though i think i see where the money went. the revs rise and fall between shifts FAST. like it reminded me of a s2000 (or maybe i've been driving a heavy flywheel wrx for too long). the power delivery is linear and there is torque everywhere.. the motor is butter smooth from idle to redline.. the body and ride control is great and the ride isn't harsh..

i think i could have gotten much more luxury for (much?) less money or much much more sport for less money elsewhere definitely.. but for a 'sport lux wannabe' commuter with some legitimate track ability.. i think its pretty compelling

nice car naz... hope it treats you well..

Can't deny the engineering in bimmers... but around TO, they're the Rich Yuppie Camry™.. they're everywhere

and besides.. once you go racing stripes, you never go back!
darkpuppet,May 2 2008, 05:52 PM Wrote:they're the Rich Yuppie Camry™..
[right][snapback]263449[/snapback][/right]

thanks DP.. ya SF is like that too.. i'm hoping that with my future tire choices and intended usage i will be bucking that trend... i plan to exploit the driving aspect of this vehicle in much the same way as i did with my sube
Congrats naz, the plain looking interior by no means represents the whole package that BMW delivers.
paulicat,May 2 2008, 06:18 PM Wrote:Congrats naz, the plain looking interior by no means represents the whole package that BMW delivers.
[right][snapback]263456[/snapback][/right]

thanks man. i guess at the end of the day we both wanted the same thing.. 200whp daily driver.. but your car will have much less weight so it will be much faster

how is your install going
naz,May 2 2008, 02:32 PM Wrote:
paulicat,May 2 2008, 06:18 PM Wrote:Congrats naz, the plain looking interior by no means represents the whole package that BMW delivers.
[right][snapback]263456[/snapback][/right]

thanks man. i guess at the end of the day we both wanted the same thing.. 200whp daily driver.. but your car will have much less weight so it will be much faster

how is your install going
[right][snapback]263460[/snapback][/right]

Its going slowly so far :D
So far, the parts gathering phase is coming to a close.
Procharger/Saleen suspension kit/Wheels (NefCanucks)/Tires (ZXWSquared's Kuhmos) are all at my house now.
I'll need to get an xcal, a mafia, a new timing belt, and a few misc parts (tune up parts etc) that will be replaced while I'm knee deep into it.
My lower control arm bolts are seized (big surprise), but Ford is going to do the replacement under my extended warranty (even bigger suprise) so I'm on hold till that gets done.
If our gas prices didn't shoot up the way they did this year I would've gone to the stang like you had suggested. That was the plan from last year...things changed.

At least for your 200whp you don't have to scrounge/scavenge for parts, that might offset any weight difference I might have. ;)
i think that scrounge/scavenge for parts deal is what gives your setup tons of street cred while DP just called me out on being camry yuppie stylez haha

are you gonna basically put all the parts on in one big bang? that's like getting a whole new car

ya i'm really counting on the fact this sucker is OE and fully covered so i can go play worry free

i'm trying to memorize this course

since that's where i'm headed next
Oh man, that track looks crazy fun. Make sure you update us on your times!
Heh, does the baby seat in the back add or subtract from street cred? :D
Unfortunately its gonna be a multi step process. So maybe it'll be like getting 2 new cars this year. :D
Suspension/Tires first. My current tires are damn near bald so they need to be replaced pronto.
Then the Procharger comes later, likely in the early summer. This will give me time to finish off the backyard (gotta keep the Mrs. happy :)), and then get back to gathering up the last few parts I need.
Sorry about going on about my build, this thread was for your new ride!
Pages: 1 2 3 4