FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dodge Neon Srt-4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
so i heard srt-4 are really fast...never tried one...but i did try Cobalt SS supercharged similar but a lil slower then srt-4....and that SS had SOME balls
but personaly i like looks of srt-4 better
anyways i just had some things runnin in my head and maybe next year to actually buy one of those...
i mean for your buck ur gettin a lot of power there

can you people tell me if they are good cars or are they crap.....cuz so far i just heard that they are FAST....but i don't know about the quality of them

please tell me your plus's and minus's

thank you
Plus - I don't think you can get better for your money.

Negative - It's still a Neon.

I'd get one in a heartbeat, assuming all my dream cars/trucks are in my possession too. My cousin's shop has this one SRT-4 that has had numerous modifications come in, and it's still in great shape. Babied of course. If it were me, I'd pick up a MSPEED3 way before I even considered an SRT-4... but that's just my opinion.
Chrysler has stopped servicing cars with the stage 1,2,3 mopar kits, because theyre blowing apart the bottom ends, and spinning bearings. if youre going to get one and mod it, build the bottom end first.
scoobasteve,Nov 23 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:Chrysler has stopped servicing cars with the stage 1,2,3 mopar kits, because theyre blowing apart the bottom ends, and spinning bearings.  if youre going to get one and mod it, build the bottom end first.
[right][snapback]217212[/snapback][/right]

X2 - all the research I did on the SRT-4 a while back said the same thing... it was also funny that while they warrantied the Stage 1 and 2 kits, the Stage 3 upgrades (new turbo, etc) were unwarrantied by Dodge. They were/are more than happy to install them for you though :rolleyes:
plus - lots of horsepower for the money

negatives
- you'll never have power rear windows, so the chicks in the backseat are still gonna laugh at you
- they improved the chasis/suspension by making it stiffer. So it's not really better... just stiffer. It doesn't have a lot of travel to work with, not the best pickup points for locating the wheel along it's travel...On the plus side, it'll look groovy, when, by the time you actually get it to handle really well, it'll always park with one wheel in the air on uneven ground.

actually, those are the two things that would really annoy the hell out of me. They're loud (which I know you kids just love these days :P), but I don't think they look THAT bad... just a bit outdated. Drop the trunk trophy for something reasonable, and put on some nice wheels and they look nice.

I just think for the money, you can still do better, if maybe not faster.
Just add a turbo to the focus and dial in the boost. Then you will have something that looks a lot better, handles better and probably faster to.

Just my 2 cents
The SRT-4 I think is a modern re-telling of the first American muscle cars of the 60's.

Don't believe me? Look at the paralells between say a Pontiac GTO and the Neon SRT-4:

1) Start with a car that's basic transportation
2) Stuff it chock a block with HP
3) Forget handling, that's an optional extra that the owner has to take care of later :P

Everything old is new again :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Mike Rudat,Nov 23 2006, 12:00 PM Wrote:Just add a turbo to the focus and dial in the boost. Then you will have something that looks a lot better, handles better and probably faster to.

Just my 2 cents
[right][snapback]217234[/snapback][/right]

uuum not reeeaaaallly
NikiterZTS,Nov 23 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:
Mike Rudat,Nov 23 2006, 12:00 PM Wrote:Just add a turbo to the focus and dial in the boost. Then you will have something that looks a lot better, handles better and probably faster to.

Just my 2 cents
[right][snapback]217234[/snapback][/right]

uuum not reeeaaaallly
[right][snapback]217242[/snapback][/right]

Yes, really. I'm just as fast as SRT4s, sometimes faster depending on driver. Build the block on the focus (which you will have to do to the srt4 anyways) and your creaming them all day long. :D

The focus will outhandle them stock for stock. And I agree with Mike, the focus looks much, much better.

the srt4 is still screaming 'Hi' to me. :lol:
^^ :rofl:

I've seen them around North Bay... no matter how menacing the engine not or impressive the blowoff is... I still chuckle when I see it coming :D
im looking around dealerships in my area, really need to test drive one

what considers on looks its really up to the person...to me srt4's look really evil on the front...but not so on the back....kinda hate the stock big spoiler that it gets
also i notest that intarior is kinda of cheap...thats just what ive seen from the photo's

basicly if i'll be buyin one, i'll be buyin it for power that comes out of the box

anyways i would like to know even more
keep adding your comments guys
thanks
i think u can make an srt4 look verry sweet. Mazda i hear has the best hp for the buck, focus best handling hands down.
well one thing someone forgot to point out that they had an issue with the wiring or something being to close to the clutch or was it the brake?

either or another nevitive about any chrysler / dodge neon 2.0 SX etc... is the fact they don't hold up to the same value as a focus, crapalier, just because of all the issues related to the neon name plate, and they are easier to steel then the chevy or ford.

Also, like wtf are you going on about getting another car for? it seems your like out everyother day looking for a car when you already have one, and your still in love with it.
Frost__2001,Nov 23 2006, 04:30 PM Wrote:well one thing someone forgot to point out that they had an issue with the wiring or something being to close to the clutch or was it the brake?

either or another nevitive about any chrysler / dodge neon 2.0 SX etc... is the fact they don't hold up to the same value as a focus, crapalier, just because of all the issues related to the neon name plate, and they are easier to steel then the chevy or ford.

Also, like wtf are you going on about getting another car for? it seems your like out everyother day looking for a car when you already have one, and your still in love with it.
[right][snapback]217258[/snapback][/right]

i am in love with it....but other then focus there are better cars out there...u know it and i know it....obviosly i won't have 2 cars, this sedan will be sold if i'll be gettin somethin else....its either i buy zx3 next year or something much better......

my zts is got a hell of a milege on it....
lol so dose my street edition but I plan on keeping it, unless it's written off, and if that happened it would only be a shell going to the wreakers with the broken bits.
Frost__2001,Nov 23 2006, 05:03 PM Wrote:lol so dose my street edition but I plan on keeping it, unless it's written off, and if that happened it would only be a shell going to the wreakers with the broken bits.
[right][snapback]217264[/snapback][/right]

i'll cry like a lil baby when its time for my zts to go :(
I've looked at the SRT-4 as my toy for next summer. I'm not entirely sold on it tho, but no matter what i buy I don't think i'll be giving up the focus. Still have thoughts about putting the powerworks kit on the focus, but I'd wanna do alot more than that, and for the money that I'd wanna sink into the focus I can buy something that has more potential right off the bat. Its a tough decision, cuz i really do love my focus.
I loved mine before I got the srt-8 for 2 bucks I was running 13.9@103.7 all I did was the spring mod and on street tires

i got rid of it becsasue my family was growning andI wanted something a little nicer Flo' was too chicken poop to race me when he was in london
DD1,Nov 23 2006, 07:44 PM Wrote:I loved mine before I got the srt-8 for 2 bucks I was running 13.9@103.7 all I did was the spring mod and on street tires

[right][snapback]217277[/snapback][/right]

Just for my own knowledge, whats the focus run stock? ZX3 or SVT just for comparison sake.

The fact that the bottom end of the block needs to be beefed up to handle the upgrades sorta dampens my excitement for the SRT-4.
my stock zx5 went I believe 15.3@83 and my zx3 went 15.2 I believe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5