FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Big Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ZX3TUNR,May 13 2006, 01:33 AM Wrote:Who cares if some punk flips you the bird and your having a bad day. Get over it.  Doesnt give you the right to just go punch some one.
[right][snapback]187266[/snapback][/right]

Not the words I'd use, but I agree with jay.

If you had time to signal and check your blind spot, you also had time to slow down.

I know I'd be pissed, and yeah, I'd want to pop the kid in the mouth, but was it really his fault? Sure he was being an ass, but it's not like it's your god given right to a particular lane... and then to go over and confront the kid.

You should call the city and inform them of the standing water problem... you may be able to get them to re-imburse you.

However, picking a fight with a punk who lives near you is not only inviting trouble from the Popo, it's even worse, inviting trouble from him.

If they're not going to go to the cops, they may retaliate on you, and then what do you tell the cops?

"I popped this kid in the mouth because I drove through a puddle, he has no right to throw a brick through my window".

People wonder why there are so many shootings in Toronto? Because a fight starts out, nobody goes to the cops and it escillates to someone getting shot, nobody talking to the cops, and then people retalliating further.

I can totally understand how you feel, but you're not in the right, you started a fight, and if the kid believes in finishing the fight, you better have a damn good plan for keeping yourself safe and out of jail.
In my neighbourhood, I could punch a million punks for doing stupid s***. Burnouts in the school lot, drag racing through the school zone out front, brake stances at the stop signs etc.... But I don't do anything but call the cops and let them know of the shinanigans going on my neighbourhood. My car stands out a little more than the rest in myhood, I own a house on the "main drag" etc...If I did something like that, people could easily find me and my car....

You shouldn't have popped him. I too would have been pretty angry, don;t get me wrong. A: I wouldn't have confronted him, B: I sure as hell wouldn't have smacked him arounf in hi front door either.

Should have called the cops on the kid...chances are he's got a driving record already.

Good luck with this!
The kid didn't do anything illegal, so you can't call the cops on him.
True I guess......I suppose notifying the city of the standing water might be the route to go.
Good job, you're lucky you found him!!!! and atleast you will get it fixed, what a tool.. I hate hondas!!
no, not a good job. It was dumb thing to do, and i hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.

Listen people, and listen carefully... you don't own the road, you don't have a god given right to change lanes whenever you wish. You should follow the rules of the road, and quit blaming hondas for your inability to slow for a puddle.

If the puddle is deep enough to damage your otherwise stock car, take it up with the city, don't take it up with a fellow inconsiderate motorist. he's done nothing wrong.

Honestly, while I don't feel any sympathy for the kid (I'm too old to empathize with them now anyways), he wasn't in the wrong, and the bigger ass this time around is the focus owner.
If someone feels the need to flip someone the bird they should be able to take whats comming to them. There was no reason for the kid to change lanes and not let someone pass intentionally on a two lane road. However voilence is not the answer. Nightly pizza deliveries that they didn't order, magazine subscriptions, etc all seem like some nice revenge. Glitter in the air vents is a classic too :)
hardk0re,May 15 2006, 09:57 AM Wrote:If someone feels the need to flip someone the bird they should be able to take whats comming to them. 

flip the bird back... done

Quote:There was no reason for the kid to change lanes and not let someone pass intentionally on a two lane road. 

That's just drivers in general. SUVs stradling lanes because there's cars parked in the right-hand lane, people speeding up when you signal so they don't lose their spot in traffic, people pulling into the merge lane to pass slower traffic and pull back in at the last moment. People flashing their highbeems because you're doing 70 in a 50 instead of 80...

But none of them are reason for road raging. If they do something that is dangerous, report it to the police. When they finally get into an accident, there will be a report of their past driving habbits waiting for them.

Quote:However voilence is not the answer.  Nightly pizza deliveries that they didn't order, magazine subscriptions, etc all seem like some nice revenge.  Glitter in the air vents is a classic too :)
[right][snapback]187490[/snapback][/right]

Like I said, the kid didn't even deserve a reaction, but here we are... a driver has committed assualt on another driver for flipping the bird, and it's being condoned by all the focus drivers while the honda driver thinks it's retarded.

Right now, I'd rather be a honda driver.
plugs and O2 sensor isnt so bad.... =) could have been worse!
Sundown,May 13 2006, 03:21 AM Wrote:Toss the left signal on to move into the center lane and SOME Asshonda speeds up and blocks me from changing lanes. Then smiles and flips me the bird. So I end up going through the lake at like 65K. After avoiding the curb tree construcion equipment SVTF starts to stutter and cough.
[right][snapback]187236[/snapback][/right]

The guy sped up, smiled and flipped him the bird!! Your telling me this wasnt intentional!?!? what if he didnt avoid the curb tree, or hit the puddle and lost control and something seriosuly messed up happened, would you then say "he wasnt in the wrong, you dont have the right"...i dont think so.

To many people think they can get away with things. Good on you Sundown, these s***head kids need that kind of lesson sometimes. But like other said, i hope it doesnt come back to bite you.

Would it have killed him to be nice and move into the other lane?
FociPhil,May 15 2006, 12:00 PM Wrote:The guy sped up, smiled and flipped him the bird!! Your telling me this wasnt intentional!?!? what if he didnt avoid the curb tree, or hit the puddle and lost control and something seriosuly messed up happened, would you then say "he wasnt in the wrong, you dont have the right"...i dont think so.

Was he cut off by the honda driver? no
Did the honda driver prevent him from using his brakes to slow for the puddle? no
Did the honda driver at any point break a law? no

The honda driver was being an ass as so many people on the streets are. In the same circumstances, I'd be pissed too. Who wouldn't? But being annoyed at an asshat does not give you a reason to hunt them down and assault them. Just because we think he deserved it doesn't make it right.

[/quote]
To many people think they can get away with things. [/quote]

like sucker punching someone because you didn't like their attitude? what gives you the right?

Quote:Good on you Sundown, these s***head kids need that kind of lesson sometimes. But like other said, i hope it doesnt come back to bite you.

Would it have killed him to be nice and move into the other lane?
[right][snapback]187546[/snapback][/right]

It wouldn't have killed the kid to be nice, but he wasn't. There's still no need to go chase him down and assault him at his house because of it.

You guys should be chasing after the city and/or construction company for the standing water issue. Not chasing down a kid for flipping the bird.

But I guess you can't be all street tough guy to the construction/city workers without getting your own beatdown.

I honestly find it frustrating that you guys don't get what was so wrong about the actions he took.
I find nothing wrong with what he did. Im sorry if your frustrated over it.

I understand what your saying, but its not like he broke his jaw and hes in the hospital.

Its like when a father smacks his kid in the head, or when i would get spanked for doing something stupid when i was little.

Did i do anything illegal? no
Was it stupid? yes
Did i learn from it? yes

Would you blame the father for the discipline?

I know hes not the kids father, and he has no right becuase nothing actually illegal.

Sundown should have thought about it, as this kid should have.
Sundown has to replace his O2 sensor and plugs, and the kid needs a bandaid. Id say its all square.
FociPhil,May 15 2006, 01:12 PM Wrote:I find nothing wrong with what he did. Im sorry if your frustrated over it.

I understand what your saying, but its not like he broke his jaw and hes in the hospital.

Its like when a father smacks his kid in the head, or when i would get spanked for doing something stupid when i was little.

Did i do anything illegal? no
Was it stupid? yes
Did i learn from it? yes

Would you blame the father for the discipline?

I know hes not the kids father, and he has no right becuase nothing actually illegal.

Sundown should have thought about it, as this kid should have.
Sundown has to replace his O2 sensor and plugs, and the kid needs a bandaid. Id say its all square.
[right][snapback]187567[/snapback][/right]

You'r kidding right?

The kid did nothing illegal.

Our member shouldn't have pounded the kid. Bottom line.
If i was kidding...i would have said j/k. or maybe put one of these :lol: or perhaps one of these :rolleyes: .

Its my personal opinion.

People complain about immigrants coming to Canada and taking advantage of health care and things. Nothing illegal with that. But it makes people mad.

This makes me mad, as it does with other people.

EDIT: Im not saying to go punch immgrants in the face or anything liek that, nor am i saying i would have done the same. Im saying that this is something i feel the kid deserved.
it's one thing to empathize with sundown. I empathize with him.. I know the feeling.

But I can't condone his actions. What he dis was more stupid than what the kid did. I don't like the punk, but I think it's immature and stupid that people would physically assault someone for just being a prick.

Like I said, there are other factors involved that are more at fault than the kid, and sinking below his level to make yourself feel good is not acceptible.

You wouldn't appreciate someone punching in your grill because you said something that offended them, would you? So why does getting the bird flung at you make it any better? The kid did not assault him.

The car going into the puddle was not a result of the kid's actions, and you need to realize that. The kid may not have helped, but it's not his fault the puddle was there... not his fault that sundown drove through it at a high rate of speed.

His fault is being a jackass...

and that is mutually exclusive of any damages done to the car.

Honestly, you know what this looks like?

Someone made a poor choice driving down the road, damaged their car because of some debris left by someone on the road. Someone came along and laughed at him. Having no immediate recourse against the person who left the debris on the road, or the person who caused damage to his car because of a poor decision went after the next easiest target. The kid that laughed at him.

So confronted the kid, the insensitivity enraged him further and he assaulted the kid without cause.

the kid is a punk, but hitting him doesn't make you the big man. It makes you feel better because you get to immediately act on your rage, and in your head you feel justified.

you're not justified.
What if travelling down a road, you notice an obstruction, you flip on your turn signal to get into the other lane to avoid, but some punk kid speeds up to stop you from getting into the otherwise open lane, which it was when you put on your turn signal, as a result and you were travelling at the speed limit. You hit such obstacle kid sees this flips you the bird and speeds off. The kid is so at fault. No it doesn't give you the right to pop him, but it would feel good :D. But he should be liable for damages as being an irresponsible driver and hazardous to the road and other drivers.
no, because you see the debris, you also have the option to hit the brakes..

you're basically blaming the kid for all the troubles.. for putting that debris on the road and for making you hit it at fullspeed.

Are you saying that the whole line of cars in the other lane sped up so that you couldn't have hit the brakes and swerved into the other lane behind the kid? Because, there's a lot more people that need to get a punch in the nose.

darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:no, because you see the debris, you also have the option to hit the brakes.. 

you're basically blaming the kid for all the troubles.. for putting that debris on the road and for making you hit it at fullspeed. 

Are you saying that the whole line of cars in the other lane sped up so that you couldn't have hit the brakes and swerved into the other lane behind the kid?  Because, there's a lot more people that need to get a punch in the nose.
[right][snapback]187624[/snapback][/right]
No I'm saying you couldn't hit the brakes, But wat is your first instict to avoid, so you goto change lanes and this point you can't cuz some dips*** is an ass, then you go to brake. I'm not saying the debris on the road is his fault but speeding up to stop you from swerving is his problem.
Actually rethinking this, umm...wasn't the kid heading for the same 6" deep puddle?
darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:  Because, there's a lot more people that need to get a punch in the nose.
[right][snapback]187624[/snapback][/right]

This goes back to parents diciplining kids.

You tell them what they did wrong, and punch them in the nose. Sure as hell i wouldnt like it, id be pissed if someone said, "remember when you waited on that advance green, and no one go through but you?? PUNCH!"

i would be mad, but the next advance green, im making sure to go! Sometimes it takes a lesson like that for people to realize the things they do directly affect other people.

You drink and drive, you kill someone, you go to jail or loose a loved one. Tough lesson, but you learn.

Every action has a reaction. In this case the kid was prick, got a punch in the face. For all we know Sundown punched this kid in the face and he wakes up and his cobra is totalled. (knock on wood). His action has a reaction.

But for all we know, this kid does it to the next twelve people who try to merge on the highway. he keeps doing it becuase he can get away with it. Becuase Sundown DIDNT punch him in the nose! :lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 4