FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Big Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Oscar The Grouch,May 16 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:Just to add more fuel to the discussion, I was looking at the demerit point system and a person can be charged with "Failing to share the road" @ 2 demerit points.

- Could the young lad have shared the road, yes.
- If he did would he have prevented possible damage to other people's vehicles, yes.
- Would he have known about possible damage, debatable.

I'll have to find the traffic act to see what this actually means.

So based upon this and if my interpretation is correct, the young lad in the honda did break the law in certain terms.
[right][snapback]187841[/snapback][/right]

is there anything mentioned in the highway traffic act? or is it a local law?

I see regulations for horse racing on the street, but I don't see 'sharing the road' in there.

But I do recall the term, and I thought it was related to sharing the road with smal and/or non-motorized vehicles including cyclists... (ie, not supposed to be crowding cyclists or motor cyclists off the road).
in before the lock
I can't believe this thread is still going...

Keep beating that dead horse :1lockd:
quote=darkpuppet,May 16 2006, 12:16 PM]

is there anything mentioned in the highway traffic act? or is it a local law?

I see regulations for horse racing on the street, but I don't see 'sharing the road' in there.

But I do recall the term, and I thought it was related to sharing the road with smal and/or non-motorized vehicles including cyclists... (ie, not supposed to be crowding cyclists or motor cyclists off the road).
[right][snapback]187857[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, I found it in the demerit points system. Linky Not sure outside of that.
Damn thats sucks buddy, hopefully everything gets worked out and no one calls the 5-0.
So, I never saw this one before. Damn, I had to pick my ass up off the floor after reading about it. Not that I would ever condone violence to solve a situation, sometimes it just needs to happen. Some of you may recall my story of thoroughly handing a kid's ass to him after attacking my old man, like I said, sometimes, that's what it takes to get a point across. Hopefully the kid learns a lesson.
^^ there's a bit of a difference there. You beat up a bully. you didn't become the bully.

p.s. failure to share the road may have applied in this case. I'd love to know how it's enforced tho...
Is this still being talked about ? :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 10:33 AM Wrote:Is this still being talked about ? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]188292[/snapback][/right]

Agree, This should have been locked down DAYS ago...
if I locked it down, i'd get a dozen PMs complaining...

oh well.. here comes the lock
Pages: 1 2 3 4