FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Big Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Phantom,May 15 2006, 03:31 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:no, because you see the debris, you also have the option to hit the brakes.. 

you're basically blaming the kid for all the troubles.. for putting that debris on the road and for making you hit it at fullspeed. 

Are you saying that the whole line of cars in the other lane sped up so that you couldn't have hit the brakes and swerved into the other lane behind the kid?  Because, there's a lot more people that need to get a punch in the nose.
[right][snapback]187624[/snapback][/right]
No I'm saying you couldn't hit the brakes, But wat is your first instict to avoid, so you goto change lanes and this point you can't cuz some dips*** is an ass, then you go to brake. I'm not saying the debris on the road is his fault but speeding up to stop you from swerving is his problem.
[right][snapback]187629[/snapback][/right]

and how do you get to that point where you identify the obstacle, choose to go around it, signal, check your blind spot, notice the kid pull up into your blnd spot, decide to not slow down, take in the kid giving you the finger and laughing at you, and not have time to slow down to a stop and/or pull in behind the kid?

and then to think you are fully justified in hitting the kid because he 'forced' you into the puddle?
FociPhil,May 15 2006, 03:47 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:  Because, there's a lot more people that need to get a punch in the nose.

This goes back to parents diciplining kids.

You tell them what they did wrong, and punch them in the nose. Sure as hell i wouldnt like it, id be pissed if someone said, "remember when you waited on that advance green, and no one go through but you?? PUNCH!"

i would be mad, but the next advance green, im making sure to go! Sometimes it takes a lesson like that for people to realize the things they do directly affect other people.

[right][snapback]187631[/snapback][/right]

so if we go out to a pub, and you don't pay the full amount with a decent tip, I'm allowed to punch you in the nose?

Dood, I got nothing against you personally, but if that's how you want to be taught to be a nice guy, I'm willing to entertain your idea.

anyone else here need some punches to learn lessons? Seriously, I'll do it for cheap, and you'll all become better people because of it. I'll raise you as your parents should have raised you.

Hat on at the dinner table? *smack!*
You say "pass the ketchup" instead of "please pass the ketchup"... SMACK!
Chew gum with your mouth open... *SMACK*

Anyone here smoke and throw their butts on the ground? *SMACK!* .. or let their dog pee on other people's front lawns? *SMACK!!!* or leaves less than a full glass of milk in the carton? SMACK!!! or leaves two squares of TP on the role... SMACK!

Hell, I'll punch ya in the nose for wearing loose pants and having your underwear showing...

it's ludicrious to think that is even appropriate! Get punched in the nose because you didn't dart off the line at a green light.. c'mon! Get real!

I'm not sure Pat would agree with your thinking. He didn't do anything, but somehow offended a doctor and had a knife pulled on him. by your reasoning, there was a lesson he should have learned, and the doctor was in the right...

hardk0re,May 15 2006, 07:45 PM Wrote:Actually rethinking this, umm...wasn't the kid heading for the same 6" deep puddle?
[right][snapback]187630[/snapback][/right]

i re-read post #1 and it seemed like the puddle was in t he right lane only. and the kid was in the center lane.
FociPhil,May 15 2006, 02:47 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:  Because, there's a lot more people that need to get a punch in the nose.

This goes back to parents diciplining kids.

You tell them what they did wrong, and punch them in the nose. Sure as hell i wouldnt like it, id be pissed if someone said, "remember when you waited on that advance green, and no one go through but you?? PUNCH!"

i would be mad, but the next advance green, im making sure to go! Sometimes it takes a lesson like that for people to realize the things they do directly affect other people.

You drink and drive, you kill someone, you go to jail or loose a loved one. Tough lesson, but you learn.

Every action has a reaction. In this case the kid was prick, got a punch in the face. For all we know Sundown punched this kid in the face and he wakes up and his cobra is totalled. (knock on wood). His action has a reaction.

But for all we know, this kid does it to the next twelve people who try to merge on the highway. he keeps doing it becuase he can get away with it. Becuase Sundown DIDNT punch him in the nose! :lol:
[right][snapback]187631[/snapback][/right]

WELL SAID!! HE DID DESERVE IT-- Sure you cant go around hitting people for no reason but maybe he did the kid a favour.. Next time he is in this situation he probably wont be such an ass.. and now he wont get his ass kicked by a some huge guy that doesn't have wife, kids, and a job to worry about!
jen_deans,May 15 2006, 04:12 PM Wrote:WELL SAID!! HE DID DESERVE IT-- Sure you cant go around hitting people for no reason but maybe he did the kid a favour.. Next time he is in this situation he probably wont be such an ass.. and now he wont get his ass kicked by a some huge guy that doesn't have wife, kids, and a job to worry about!
[right][snapback]187643[/snapback][/right]

well said?

how old are we? 12-teen?

seriously people.. time to grow up. You're all blaming the kid for nothing. You call him guilty mostly because he drives a honda, partly because he flipped the bird, and mostly because you guys don't like honduh drivers who flip the bird.

And then you think it's a good idea to assault someone because you don't have any good excuse to go to the cops to take out your anger without even thinking that this kid knows it's you, your car, and nothing a brick couldn't even the score on.

You let roadrage turn a situation into escalating violence, inviting more trouble without any recourse... and it's not even the kid's fault.

I feel sorry that the car got damaged, I empathize with how idiotic and inconsiderate some drivers are, but sucker punching a brat doesn't make you cool. You become just another ignorant driver who thinks he owns the road.

P.S. you guys actually think your arguments would hold up in court? (taking into account that this is Canada)
Dr. Phil?

See what I think you did was wrong unless you were a cop or in the mob cause then you have people to really back you up............or unless you really have people to back you up, but I dont really know you so I dont know. I dont condem fighting but sometimes people just deserve it and maybe the couple of punches may have tought him something.

When not to punch someone........

I was at Hess this past weekend and a cop was pissing a friend of mine off (well I know him but not to well) anyways the cop pushed him and told him to get a ride home cause he was creating problems at hess.............so the guy I know punched him and out of nowhere 3 officers showed up..........and punched him back. Needless to say he got a free ride and free night at the Motel Jail.

So make sure you know who you punch and make sure you can back it up.

If I were you, to be safe park your cars in the garage and get a pressure washer for your house.............eggs all I gotta say
darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 03:35 PM Wrote:
jen_deans,May 15 2006, 04:12 PM Wrote:WELL SAID!! HE DID DESERVE IT-- Sure you cant go around hitting people for no reason but maybe he did the kid a favour.. Next time he is in this situation he probably wont be such an ass.. and now he wont get his ass kicked by a some huge guy that doesn't have wife, kids, and a job to worry about!
[right][snapback]187643[/snapback][/right]

well said?

how old are we? 12-teen?

seriously people.. time to grow up. You're all blaming the kid for nothing. You call him guilty mostly because he drives a honda, partly because he flipped the bird, and mostly because you guys don't like honduh drivers who flip the bird.

And then you think it's a good idea to assault someone because you don't have any good excuse to go to the cops to take out your anger without even thinking that this kid knows it's you, your car, and nothing a brick couldn't even the score on.

You let roadrage turn a situation into escalating violence, inviting more trouble without any recourse... and it's not even the kid's fault.

I feel sorry that the car got damaged, I empathize with how idiotic and inconsiderate some drivers are, but sucker punching a brat doesn't make you cool. You become just another ignorant driver who thinks he owns the road.

P.S. you guys actually think your arguments would hold up in court? (taking into account that this is Canada)
[right][snapback]187663[/snapback][/right]

I never once said poppin the kid was a good idea. I did say the kid should be charged with reckless driving. And I do believe flippin the bird is even classed as road rage.
For one i never said it would hold up in court.

second, i never said anything about the make of car, i could care less that he drives a honda, my next car will probly be a honda.

Trust me, im the type of person that leaves violence to the last resort. Im very un-confrontational. But sometimes s*** happens, and you react, Sundown might regret doing it, maybe he doesnt. I bet the kid regrets doing it.

And it couldnt have been THAT bad, the father smacked him too and took of the side of Sundown.

PS just to set it straight, im NOT saying to go punch your problems away.
Look at my avatar...do i look violent?
Yah and to add one more thing, I don't think anyone's comments specifically said a make or model of car.
ahem....................

[Image: bumper.jpg]

just for the record
You know what this is silly you guys carry this too far.
It happened life goes on.

I couldn't make it to the meet cause I was putting on the new Tyres on the focus.

The grand father and the kid paid for all damages while I was out and the kid waited until I got home to apologized.

He ended up hanging out for a couple of hours Talking cars and stuff.
Will see but looks like all is well
Oh ya guess he's not really a kid He's 22 that makes him a grown man.

One thing I do have a problem with, out of the entire post.

I would love to see any of you walk in the shoes I walked in during this situation.
I bet the same or a simular reaction would have happened.

It happened its done Get over it.
I have moved on
Gratz that it worked out so well for you.
Good to hear it all worked out! and yea, it is much easier for people to judge when they are not in the situation, like I said I probably would have done the same thing! ;)
if you post about it, don't get upset when people don't agree with you.

I'm sure there's a few people here who wouldn't have done what you did in the same situation. Thought about it, yes... rant about it, yes.. actually go up to the kid and punch him in the nose... no

you're lucky it turned out so well for you. :rolleyes:
I can honestly say I wouldn't have punched him out...nor would I have confronted him.

If you post it, people will roast it.

Flames will come either way.
:1lockd:
scoobasteve,May 16 2006, 08:13 AM Wrote::1lockd:
[right][snapback]187807[/snapback][/right]
x2
Go the kid learned a good lesson, and maybe you gained a new friend!!

hahaha glad to see it worked out. Hard to tell what i would have done, i havent been given the chance yet.

If you get through to one person, then its worth it.!! :fag:
Just to add more fuel to the discussion, I was looking at the demerit point system and a person can be charged with "Failing to share the road" @ 2 demerit points.

- Could the young lad have shared the road, yes.
- If he did would he have prevented possible damage to other people's vehicles, yes.
- Would he have known about possible damage, debatable.

I'll have to find the traffic act to see what this actually means.

So based upon this and if my interpretation is correct, the young lad in the honda did break the law in certain terms.
^^^ that would be awsome if he did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4