Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shift Boot
Ow I know. Had my buddie typing for me and he typed Reactive rather then ractive. And as for Zoom it was a type-o. Calm your self.

But again the same question hasnt been answered. How do I get the boot to stay over the auto shifter. I gotta pull the console out but how to I mount the boot under the console.
And how to I remove that cender console. Is there something in the how to's PDF that I cant find or...?

And as for changing the shifter the only thing that would be hard about that in an auto is the over drive button... Ill have to mount that some where eles.
2000 ZX3
Do you guys know where i can pick up some of those uber cool light up washer nozzles :ph34r: :o :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
.... Im not sure how that ended up on this string. Its got nothing to do with the post BUT anyway. Anywhere. Canadian tire, Wallmart, Local speed shop. Every where has them.
2000 ZX3
I dont know if it's all one part or not, but the stock boot has a frame around the inside of the base of it that clips on to the center console. Since the automatic has the same center console it should clip on in the same way.. except that the plastic base that holds the shift indicator letters might be in the way of the clips engaging.

If you're planning on getting an aftermarket universal style boot, maybe try going to a wrecker and getting a stock boot for cheap since you might need to transfer that part.
Well I got it done. Looks great. Basicly had to take the whole center console out and the Ebreak cover. but the boot really clean's that area up.
2000 ZX3
Got a bigger picture than the one in your avatar? :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
lol Ats a full screen image. Here ill just link to it and a few others ive got sitting on the server.

[Image: Image1.jpg]
[Image: Image2.jpg]
[Image: Image3.jpg]
[Image: Image4.jpg]
2000 ZX3
Did you know ...

Putting the automatic focus into reverse while going 15+ results in the tranny ignoring your request and just leaving the car in neutral...

Well now you know.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Jun 2 2005, 09: Wrote:Did you know ...

Putting the automatic focus into reverse while going 15+ results in the tranny ignoring your request and just leaving the car in neutral...

Well now you know.
[right][snapback]112327[/snapback][/right]

hmm, something tells me you didnt just read about this, but you actually tried it in your car before :o
My other ride is your Mom
He's right. It wont even try to mesh back into reverse. Why would it at that point.
But what do yea think. How does it look
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jun 3 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:He's right. It wont even try to mesh back into reverse. Why would it at that point.
But what do yea think. How does it look
[right][snapback]112429[/snapback][/right]

I cant see s**t. get some better pics
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
paolo,Jun 3 2005, 02:52 AM Wrote:hmm, something tells me you didnt just read about this, but you actually tried it in your car before :o
[right][snapback]112343[/snapback][/right]

;)

I needed a new tranny before warranty ended ... I was trying anything in my power. :lol: :P
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Jun 3 2005, 01: Wrote:
paolo,Jun 3 2005, 02:52 AM Wrote:hmm, something tells me you didnt just read about this, but you actually tried it in your car before :o
[right][snapback]112343[/snapback][/right]

;)

I needed a new tranny before warranty ended ... I was trying anything in my power. :lol: :P
[right][snapback]112446[/snapback][/right]

awesome :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Yea I know it was dark out when we finished. I get some better pics when I get around to it. ;)
2000 ZX3
Definitely looks better than that skinny little stick sticking out of the big flat area. It would probably look a lot better with a different knob on it though.
So much work for that though. We had it all apart so we look at that option... Over drive button it not gonna be easy to change. Its molded to that shifter and its just a 2pin connection to make it turn on and off... So much work to wire that into something eles just didnt seem worth it right then and their lol.
2000 ZX3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing a shift boot. David A Scott 1 1,580 06-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Leather Shift Boot dBlast 9 2,924 05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dBlast