Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busted Focus, Busted Knee
Yeah, knee injuries suck, even the minor ones. I did minor stuff to both back in the day playing hockey... many sore nights after I figured I was done healing.

Drink the pain away over Christmas! Have one for me, anyways.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Sorry to hear about the foci Microbunny, but better the car take the brunt of the damage then you. As anthony said, it's just a acar after all, kinda makes want to ask did you have side air bags ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Dec 23 2005, 10:29 PM Wrote:Sorry to hear about the foci Microbunny, but better the car take the brunt of the damage then you. As anthony said, it's just a acar after all, kinda makes want to ask did you have side air bags ?
[right][snapback]162182[/snapback][/right]

No side bags....waste of money IMO in a focus!

It may just be a car but, now my insurance is gonna sky rocket, I got no car for at least 2 weeks...most likely more, I cant afford a rental car, I can't drive, I cant walk very fast, I can't work....xmas is shot now!

I might as well be in the hospital....through no fault of my own I got all this s**t dumped on me....yeeeeh..
microbunny,Dec 24 2005, 06:46 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Dec 23 2005, 10:29 PM Wrote:Sorry to hear about the foci Microbunny, but better the car take the brunt of the damage then you. As anthony said, it's just a acar after all, kinda makes want to ask did you have side air bags ?

It may just be a car but, now my insurance is gonna sky rocket, I got no car for at least 2 weeks...most likely more, I cant afford a rental car, I can't drive, I cant walk very fast, I can't work....xmas is shot now!

I might as well be in the hospital....through no fault of my own I got all this s**t dumped on me....yeeeeh..
[right][snapback]162194[/snapback][/right]
Keep your head up man. It's a bum wrap for sure.... but it;s Christmas.

[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry to hear bout the car Bunny!, the main thing is that you're ok. i mean it could've been worse, a car is fixable but a life isn't! what kinda car was it that hit you anyways??

you're insurance shouldn't go out, cuz it wasn't your fault! if she ran the red light, and hit you its her fault. her insurance should be paying for your car to be fixed and she shoudl be paying for a rental car for ya. cuz when i got side swiped, it took the shop 3 weeks to fix mine and my insurance never went up, and the other guy paid for a rental car for me. just an FYI from experience

[/quote]

sorry to hear bout the car Bunny!, the main thing is that you're ok. i mean it could've been worse, a car is fixable but a life isn't! what kinda car was it that hit you anyways??

you're insurance shouldn't go out, cuz it wasn't your fault! if she ran the red light, and hit you its her fault. her insurance should be paying for your car to be fixed and she shoudl be paying for a rental car for ya. cuz when i got side swiped, it took the shop 3 weeks to fix mine and my insurance never went up, and the other guy paid for a rental car for me. just an FYI from experience
[right][snapback]162198[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It depends on your insurance coverage.

When I smacked my car in 2003, I was covered under my own policy under the "Loss of Use" category. If you have that category, talk with your broker or insurer.

In any case, better the dent in the side of the car's body than in your head. Despite the comments about side air bags, I know a few owners who would not be around if their side air bags weren't there. Still, the Focus seems to be a strong car...I mean, a bunch of people walked away from their totalled Focii.

Just take it easy, and don't over-exert yourself.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
microbunny,Dec 24 2005, 05:46 AM Wrote:

No, no, you do NOT want to be in the hospital this time of year. That happened to me in '99 after my crack up WORST CHRISTMAS EVER!

Besides, I'm betting with some good rehab (Follow doctors orders, can't stress that enough) you'll be almost as good as you were before, heck, depending on what got damaged you may recover 100%.

Said it before, I'll say it again, a car can be replaced, you can't be. I'm living proof.

NefCanuck
Sorry to hear about the car, but glad to hear your okay! I didn't see you tell us what exactly that lady was driving... so spill the beans already! :)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Ya! Its about $5000 or more in damage hey looks like you can get some new mods accidents do pay off...Hmmm lambo doors maybe? If the bodyshop is good and they agree go for it in favour of the insurance company haha.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
euro_zx5,Dec 26 2005, 10:14 AM Wrote:Sorry to hear about the car, but glad to hear your okay! I didn't see you tell us what exactly that lady was driving... so spill the beans already! :)
[right][snapback]162248[/snapback][/right]

She was driving a 1992 Tempo 4 door...red..umm thats all I know! No wait...I do know that somehow her POS car was barely damaged..a busted headlight and cracked up corner of her bumper....thats it! How I got it so bad, I really dont know!

EO.Masiv_tiketzcervinisvt,Dec 26 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:Ya! Its about $5000 or more in damage hey looks like you can get some new mods accidents do pay off...Hmmm lambo doors maybe? If the bodyshop is good and they agree go for it in favour of the insurance company haha.
[right][snapback]162251[/snapback][/right]

Lambo doors....yeh right.....not on my car..LOL :lol:

I'm using the opportunity to get my new S2 spoiler painted and mounted and thats it...I dont need or want anything else on this car!
microbunny,Dec 26 2005, 02:44 PM Wrote:She was driving a 1992 Tempo 4 door...red..umm thats all I know! No wait...I do know that somehow her POS car was barely damaged..a busted headlight and cracked up corner of her bumper....thats it! How I got it so bad, I really dont know!
[right][snapback]162252[/snapback][/right]

it's because she hit you with the re-inforced pointy end of her car, and you were hit in the unreinforced, big flat spot on the car.

anyone hits me like that and doesn't total my car, I'm telling them to back their car up and just finish the job, 'cause out of insurance pocket or theirs, I'm getting a new car.

glad you're ok.. hope it didn't impede on your hollidays too much... it's just a car, and one more thing to work around, that's all.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

^^^^ I wish it was that easy
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
whoa I totally missed this thread but glad to read you were fine after it all. I got into a similar accident with my old car some dumbass lady decided to roll out into the intersection ( she had a stop I didn't ) she was going slowly and pretty much just waited there until I smacked her and spun her around. dead on t-bone. If it wasn't your fault you're not paying a cent for anything cause I didn't she paid for my rental car and in the long run my focus cause I have $10,000 damage to my car :blink:

you said yours was a t-bone so like the lady came into your path and you basically scraped your entire side on her front end? cause it seems like that and if it means anything that would be way better then a dead stop.

either way I'll roll one for you tonight and I'll even write your name on it. :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Yeh..the whole situation is retarded///Big suprise..I found out that the lady has basically no insurance, cept basic collision and is tryin to put up a huge bitch about paying for the rental car and accident...

My car wont be a write-off but it might as well be,....its a piece of s**t to me now...I dont car if it looks good when they are done, its still been toasted and its just not the same anymore!

well you shouldn't have any serious damage just body work. Hopefully when they put on new doors and fenders things will line up... it's a good thing your airbag didn't go off cause then you prolly have a busted up nose and couldn't smoke for a few days ( oh the humanity ) but then again if it did go off you'd have a better chance of a write off.

if the lady was at fault as per the police report your insurance company will hunt her down and make her pay. The last thing you need to worry about is the details your agent will handle all that. Just sit back and recover. See if you can get some time off work as a result of this? either way milk it.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
looks like a lot of damage, but it wouldnt be your fault so it can all be repaired. just be happy you are okay... besides from the obvious
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Busted Mirror Oscar The Grouch 14 3,717 07-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch
  Busted Stud DRyanC 3 1,984 04-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Last Post: DRyanC