Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford to offer custom vinyl on all vehicles
Looks like Ford is going to be offering custom vinyl graphics for your new ride...

From this article.

Quote:With the launch of the 2011 Fiesta, Ford's put an emphasis on customization, primarily in the form of interior amenities and infotainment. But as we learned during our First Drive, the range of modifications won't be limited to the inside – Ford's making exterior graphics packages available for its new B-segment player, and the Fiesta won't be the only model from the Blue Oval to don custom vinyl.

Ford's added the Mustang and F-150 to the range of vehicles you can coat in a custom wrap, with over 50 available designs ranging from the predictable flames and matte black racing stripes to the decidedly more feminine flowers and bubbles.

check out the site under construction at FordCustomGraphics.com
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

FAIL!!!!

FAIL!!!!

FAIL!!!!

Image is one thing, performance is another. Focuses, Fiestas will soon be joining the ricer look of Hondas, but coming from the factory that way...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(06-02-2010, 11:05 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: FAIL!!!!

FAIL!!!!

FAIL!!!!

Image is one thing, performance is another. Focuses, Fiestas will soon be joining the ricer look of Hondas, but coming from the factory that way...

Totally agree ... with the possible exception of the classic over the top racing stripe, I have no interest whatsoever in that kind of personalization.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
offering performance related from ford would be better..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(06-03-2010, 01:27 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: offering performance related from ford would be better..

yeah, but then it costs money.

well..custom vinyl cost money too
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
First car I see like this for 2011 gets fish guts thrown at it.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(06-03-2010, 03:01 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: First car I see like this for 2011 gets fish guts thrown at it.

Based on some of those designs I saw, nobody would notice your fish guts until they started to smell.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

(06-03-2010, 01:27 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: offering performance related from ford would be better..

True, but TBH the first two people that I know that actually BOUGHT a Fiesta (ie people willing to put cash down and not talk just about it) were bought for their teenage daughters. One even bought a purse already to match her "Lime Squeeze" green car.

And that's where the big market is. Not to us gearheads, but to commuters and younger people. And if vinyl is what they want, what is wrong with that? Nobody has a gun to your head to buy it, and chances are that if some hot chick was driving a car with flowers on it it wouldn't stop you from checking her out.

So what's the big deal?
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I have to be honest.. I like the idea of some of the custom vinyls... what's wrong with giving your car personality? There's enough brown and silver cars on the street these days, that I wouldn't mind seeing a few happily decorated ones.

Sure, I wouldn't do it myself outside of a videogame (except for ZTWSquared's racing stripe exception), but that's the point.

And konafocus -- when I say performance costs money, I don't mean grounding wire kits... in practical experience, a good or interesting car to look at usually trumps performance with the general public. And if focus owners are cheap, imagine how cheap fiesta owners are.

(06-03-2010, 04:08 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:

True, but TBH the first two people that I know that actually BOUGHT a Fiesta (ie people willing to put cash down and not talk just about it) were bought for their teenage daughters. One even bought a purse already to match her "Lime Squeeze" green car.

And that's where the big market is. Not to us gearheads, but to commuters and younger people. And if vinyl is what they want, what is wrong with that? Nobody has a gun to your head to buy it, and chances are that if some hot chick was driving a car with flowers on it it wouldn't stop you from checking her out.

So what's the big deal?

You're right - no big deal - and to be clear, I don't have any problem whatsoever with the idea of personalization, even including vinyl; and obviously by definition "personalization" is a matter of personal taste.

My comment was my take on the designs I saw when I clicked the link ... nothing there was even close to my idea of what a tasteful vehicle looks like. Obviously a matter of opinion.

In my opinion, some of those designs are copies of what I see on the bottom of my kids' plastic wading pool ... and flames on the side of the pickup were lame in the '60s - and I don't mind saying that if (more probably when) I see them on the street, I will think less of the owner for having spent their money on it no matter how hot she was.

(06-03-2010, 05:05 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: - and I don't mind saying that if (more probably when) I see them on the street, I will think less of the owner for having spent their money on it no matter how hot she was.

True, and it's not that I disagree. But on the other hand, do you really think they'd care what two middle-aged guys really think of them?

I mean, when we were growing up a hockey mullet was an acceptable hairstyle.

Wink
(06-03-2010, 05:05 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: and flames on the side of the pickup were lame in the '60s

You know what also was popular, flower power on the side of VW Vans.

Here come the 60's all over again...Rolleyes

(06-03-2010, 06:04 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Here come the 60's all over again...Rolleyes

...It's not all bad...I'll finally get the use out of those old bell bottoms. And I get to start bangin' everything in sight. Free love and LSD.

See? It's not bad at all.
i think they could have chosen some better designs... however, if it is what gives them a higher amount of money at the end of the year, then its a smart move on their part. they have to compete with kia who is now offering this and im sure other will follow suit in the near future.

One thing i think they should have done is not only offered the graphics side of things, but tested waters with the performance parts like GM has done. offer a better exhaust, a better intake, a selection of aftermarket wheels and the like. we all know that if we can finance a 400$ intake into the car we totally would, same goes for aftermarket wheels and exhaust. even suspension options like out of the FRPP stuff would be really cool. almost like mopar does for the SRT-4 with stage 0-3 and suspension upgrades.

i think if they went after both looks and function it would be even better. they should join forces with FSwerks IMO to provide FRPP support for fusion, focus and fiesta. that would be dope
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Ford's giving what people want, and it seems to be helping their growing sales. I think there's gonna be good and bad with the custom vinyls, pin striping can look good, but people can go way overboard and turn their vehicles into sticker books at the same time. So only time will tell.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Looks like the Fusion is too "stodgy" to get graphics...

Doesn't bother me one iota Smile

NefCanuck
(06-03-2010, 01:16 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: Looks like the Fusion is too "stodgy" to get graphics...

NefCanuck

You're just pissed that you can't get a graphic of the Bluenose II across your hood. Tongue
(06-03-2010, 02:06 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(06-03-2010, 01:16 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: Looks like the Fusion is too "stodgy" to get graphics...

NefCanuck

You're just pissed that you can't get a graphic of the Bluenose II across your hood. Tongue

I'd pay to see that

(06-03-2010, 09:31 PM)darkpuppet Wrote:
(06-03-2010, 02:06 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:

NefCanuck

I'd pay to see that

OMG that would be so funny.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Names New Head Of Global Performance Vehicles Frost__2001 7 2,582 12-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  2009 Ford Fusion To Offer Better Fuel Economy Frost__2001 5 2,483 04-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Ford Recalls 180,000 Vehicles Frost__2001 0 1,089 02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Future Ford Vehicles Will Find Cheapest Gas Frost__2001 0 1,008 01-05-2008, 04:38 AM
  Ford Offers Repairs On 145,000 Vehicles In U.s. Frost__2001 2 1,454 10-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky
  Ford Expects To Build Three Million Vehicles Frost__2001 6 2,208 09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
  Ford To Offer White St In Japan darkpuppet 8 2,420 07-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Last Post: scoobasteve
  Custom Ford Air Box ZX3onRails 13 3,383 11-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me