Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
01 zx3 daily driver
I have a plan for the halos. ideally what i'd like to do is have the halo's run off the drl module with the help of inline resistors to knock the voltage down to somewhere between 2-5volts. everybody complains of the ccfl's burning out and I think it has a lot to do with the 12v being too much and overheating the halo's.

so halo's come on with the drl module. and the hella micro de's will come on with the parking lights. I need to figure out how much voltage gets knocked down.
still haven't gotten around to all the headlight wiring but i did bite the bullet and ordered a brand new set of st coilover's. basically kw variant 1's.
3 weeks and i'll be riding right again.

some updated pics as of last weekend

[Image: IMG_20140812_142225_zpsckutr6bh.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140812_142217_zpsboz5305g.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140812_142245_zpsnml7pqb5.jpg]
so got my st coilovers put on finially and I am pretty pleased with it. they do rub so I need to roll the fenders. still need to finish wiring the headlights but i'm trying to get it running right mechanically before the winter hits.

[Image: IMG_20140919_104645_zpszwjyyrmd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140919_104622_zpshve6ye6j.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140919_104615_zpsi97prrcd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140919_104602_zpskvdhlnyz.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140919_104650_zpsyxdvxtyj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140918_121419_zpshozml0hv.jpg]
The RS kit looks way different sticking out so far like the stock north american ones. Crazy! So similar but so different. I like this car! Clean and tasteful.
I know I left it a bit late in the season but I decided that today I'm gonna clean up the tailgate rust. Sand it down and slap some paint on, not going to be perfect but it'll be better then just leaving it. If I have time i'll be paint the from bumper "vents" black like a true rs.....I like the look a lot more
so sometimes i'm an moron......color code for my car is supposed to be cx. Didnt even think about the car being resprayed.
long story short the vents on the front bumper are now black, good news is the rust is repaired....bads new the hatch isn't very pretty now
I hate when you mix paint codes up. Though, its even worse when its mixed wrong, or at least not exactly right. Technically I have 2 different shades of blue on my car lol.
Ford painted those bumpers twice for me, both times couldn't get it right. Finally I just accepted their inability to mix paint....but a year later my father inlaw had bought a F150 with the SAME paint code CX... Side by side they did NOT look like the same paint!

I am thinking that ford changed something with the paint between 01 and later on. Note I did have two 01 S2's at one point and side by side they were identical in paint. One I owned from brand new so I know it was never sprayed.
well thats good to know. its definetly alot darker even after wet sanding its still looks completely different. but the rust is gone and i'm happy for winter. get everything body wise tied up in the spring. trying to decide on a color for the winter steelies.
so today i picked up a franken-exhaust. it's 2.5 inch cfm flexpipe with a fswerks stealth muffler to mbrp rear muffler and tailpipe. hoping its not gonna be as loud as my hks hi power and just in case i ever do go boost i'm already setup exhaust wise for a low boost setup.

also finally got around to fab up some brackets to install my micro de's, a couple hours of wiring and fab should have them installed. wiring them to run fogs off drl and stay on with high beams. yes its not legal but i do a lot of backroad driving and could use the extra light at night. lots of roadkill accidents that i'd like to avoid.
Once you have figured out the wiring to run your halo's as DRL, post the wiring diagram here so that the rest of us can try something similar (or at least double check your wiring.)
I originally was going to do that. But instead ive got the halos tied in to the park lights. Fogs are going to run off drl. I want fogs on as soon as i turn on the car. Then fogs and halos on when i turn on park lights.

Got my franken-haust installed today with some success.... i thought the fswerks exhaust had a 2 1/2 inch outlet but mine is 2 1/4inch so ive got a mild leak there that will be solved with a new 2 1/2inch outlet welded on in the next few days hopefully. The exhaust tip needs to be lengthened by about half inch to sit how i want it. And its hitting somewhere in the rear at idle and when hard shifting. Sounds awesome tho. Its loud but so much different then the hks.

I'll be putting the hks flexback up for sale in the next fews days as well.
Car looks great, and you seem to be taking it in a good direction...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
never posted any finsihed pics of the halos.
[Image: IMG_20141006_213426_zpsctm05fu1.jpg]
i actually want to rewire the halos to a constant 12v so they are on when cars on, then wire the fogs to the drl's.

got my exhaust replaced to.
focus sport header to cfm downpipe, magnaflow hi flow cat to fswerks stealth muffler, and mbrp from there back 2.5 inch. i'm really pleased with the end result.
[img][Image: th_20141216_165717_zpsoc0mqgvs.mp4][/img]

need to decide on a intake manifold before i go in for a proper tune. i'm pretty happy with how she's running right now and with the new exhaust it doesnt feel like its running out of steam as quick up top, for me its raised the powerband up about 500rpm(about 6200rpm).

But i've heard really good things about swapping in either an svt intake or topspeed. for me i think the svt is more then enough but also requires an imrc and msd window switch. a lot more involved. the topspeed also provides a much cleaner looking install, which i'm definetly after.

also i dont have enough posts yet but if anyone's looking for a 2 1/4inch hks catless setup i'm looking to sell mine and clear up some space. $175 obo couple dents as seen in the pics. meed a few hangers rewelded.
[Image: 20141217_090421_zpsvepm7y7e.jpg]

[Image: 20141217_090403_zpst8crvurt.jpg]

[Image: 20141217_090441_zpspyh9t92h.jpg]
ok so i'm going to be getting fernando to send me a tune next pay and i just want to prepare for it.
i currently have a x4 flasher and just installed my wideband. i'm gonna also need a firewire to datalog.

am i missing anything?
Ok so i picked up a firewire cable and modified it for my wideband. Works flawless.

Tonight im installing livelink and next week ill be sending fernando money, also scored a ram air scoop for my volant.
nice man, getting close eh
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Ya im pretty happy with how it sits right now. Gets terrible mileage tho which is something i'm hoping fernando can help with. I currently get on average in the city 300kms/tank if im on the pedal. 375 if i take it really easy.

Im going to hopefully be installing the volant scoop this week if it arrives and i also scored a spoiler that'll mount in my existing holes in the hatch.
Still need to get my micro de's final fitted and installed and some kind of lower center grille for the rs bumper. also still need to get my components in the fronts and 3ways in the rear. My subs pound and my door speakers are showing signs of old age when im pounding. Running the compnents of my trust old school orion cobalt amp.

Heading to arm drop drag racing in picton in may so im looking forward to that. But i also would like to get the 2.5klde swapped into my mx-3 and get it back on the road for the second arm drop session in september. And also have to put the new motor in my g35 sedan. Its burning almost a liter a week and cops are giving my gf a hard time more often due to the smoke and smell.
Not enough hours in the day or days in the year.
(03-27-2015, 02:07 PM)mx3matt Wrote: Ok so i picked up a firewire cable and modified it for my wideband. Works flawless.

Tonight im installing livelink and next week ill be sending fernando money, also scored a ram air scoop for my volant.

Hey Matt ... just thought I would share something I'm going through with my tuning.

The last couple of logging sessions I did with Randy - before he crapped out on us - he was a bit confused about the readings we were getting - specifically the A/F coming from the wideband.

We never did finish the tune, but in the meantime my A/F readings on the gauge were getting stranger and stranger and finally really weird. I won't bore you with the story but I have now found out that the AEM O2 sensor has taken a dump and the readings are worthless - and it was a progressive failure as opposed to a sudden one.

It's not cheap, but if you have any significant mileage on your AEM O2 sensor you might think about replacing it with a new one for tuning purposes. You might also consider replacing the stock O2's as well.

Think about it - your tune is only going to be as accurate as the sensor input - especially the wideband A/F.

I found a source that's much less expensive than AEM if you need that info.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
perhaps that's whats wrong with mine. my readings are all over the map recently. maybe I will pull the snsor and give it a clean. its only a few years old and hardly use since I never drive the car lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Daily Driver 02ztsian 8 3,603 12-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Last Post: 02ztsian
  R.i.p. My Daily Driver lintlars 26 9,293 03-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV