Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Car
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 02:29 AM Wrote:Some of you guys worry about money way to much. Its only money.
[right][snapback]177149[/snapback][/right]

Good lord. I don't worry at ALL about money, you can do that when you spend wisely and have more than enough of it.

Someday you'll stop living in the "now".

As for my Focus I've had it about 6 years now, cost $25,000 loaded and taxes in, paid cash, it is worth about $10,000 so I guess my monthly ownership cost has been about $250. When it is 10 years old and worth just a few grand it works out to about the same as a transit pass on a month by month basis and it sure beats taking the bus.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 10:41 AM Wrote:You guys are funny and shouldnt worry about me. I got lots of money to spend and nice parents.
[right][snapback]177182[/snapback][/right]

I know you do :P

It just happened to be a civic. Imagine that!! :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
wow... i'm not on for the weekend and i miss this

hahaha..

congrats jay...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Mar 27 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:wow...  i'm not on for the weekend and i miss this

hahaha..

congrats jay...
[right][snapback]177189[/snapback][/right]

hahah same here! :lol:

what heppend Jay, did you make a sandwich and think about it, then decide to go pick up the Civic :blink:

Its a nice car no doubt. Trust me man i used to live in the "now", and roll down the window like Jay-Z screaming "money aint a thang!!!!"...but i realized that i must have been midly retarded then, and i regret it, i hope it work out and a few years down the road you dont regret it.

OAC- your hired as my personal finance manager, that was some serious number crunching.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Mar 27 2006, 11:06 AM Wrote:OAC- your hired as my personal finance manager, that was some serious number crunching.
[right][snapback]177205[/snapback][/right]
Lol, thanks, but I'm just the same as everyone else here.

If I had half the money back I spent modding a '72 Torino Sport back when I was 18 I really would be on my way down to Mohawk Ford to pick up my GT.

I've been through the lease/buyout thing before when I came off an extended layoff and had to lease because of credit issues (a long time ago). It was a hard lesson on the importance of a good credit rating.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Mar 27 2006, 06:27 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Mar 27 2006, 11:06 AM Wrote:OAC- your hired as my personal finance manager, that was some serious number crunching.
[right][snapback]177205[/snapback][/right]

It was a hard lesson on the importance of a good credit rating.

[right][snapback]177241[/snapback][/right]

Alot of people just dont grasp that.

If i could go back to when i started working (14 or so) and start over, i would have a house and car paid for by now!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
it's been said that the 'truely' rich people are the ones driving 5+ year old cars living in a medium sized home and vacation once a year or less. People seem to think that having a nice car big house and trips every year make you rich... it's all about keeping up appearences.

I am with you guys, if I didn't waste money at a younger age and listened to my parents I'd be years ahead of where I am now. We all had fun at a younger age but living for now doesn't help you in the future :(

oh and to keep this on topic, is it me or does honda like to release 2 or more different body styles for thier cars?!?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Next big purchase is a house. One of these days. Even when I picked up the Civic the business manager at Honda said my credit rating is amazing.

Looks good when you pay off 10g bank loan in less then a year and the Focus helped me huge.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 03:51 PM Wrote:Next big purchase is a house. One of these days. Even when I picked up the Civic the business manager at Honda said my credit rating is amazing.

Looks good when you pay off 10g bank loan in less then a year and the Focus helped me huge.
[right][snapback]177268[/snapback][/right]

For a guy that lives at home and has no financial responsibilities... your credit ranking BETTER be good :rolleyes:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:Next big purchase is a house. One of these days. Even when I picked up the Civic the business manager at Honda said my credit rating is amazing.

Haaha, but a house in sask is worth less than the new civic...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Bwahahaha.
scoobasteve,Mar 27 2006, 03:54 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:Next big purchase is a house. One of these days. Even when I picked up the Civic the business manager at Honda said my credit rating is amazing.

Haaha, but a house in sask is worth less than the new civic...
[right][snapback]177272[/snapback][/right]

That should be MORE of a reason to pick up a house if anything.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Hey it's not that bad.... a decent new house in a nicer area of the city runs upwards of $250k....

Congrats on the new car Jay, I actually really like the look of the new civics, nice choice on color also.
Thanks Chad. The silver is much easier to clean then the liquid gray.

Its true thow. I can build two brand new houses in Regina in North Central for about 80g and become a slum lord.
Congrats on the new car. When's the Turbo going in? :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 27 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:Congrats on the new car.  When's the Turbo going in?  :D
[right][snapback]177298[/snapback][/right]

Not going to happen. The 140HP is all I need to do what I need it to do. Only mods it will see are 1" HFP drop, 6000K HID, 5% tint and some nice Tenzo 18s but debating on 19s.

No exhaust, JDM or any of that stuff. No more stereo stuff either.

Just wanted a nice clean looking car. Im going Anthony style.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 04:36 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 27 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:Congrats on the new car.  When's the Turbo going in?   :D

[right][snapback]177308[/snapback][/right]

So you'll be out there every other day cleaning the engine and "looking" for issues to take to the dealer and amass the words largest PITA for work orders? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just so were clear.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Mar 27 2006, 03:40 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2006, 04:36 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 27 2006, 03:14 PM Wrote:Congrats on the new car.  When's the Turbo going in?   :D

[right][snapback]177308[/snapback][/right]

So you'll be out there every other day cleaning the engine and "looking" for issues to take to the dealer and amass the words largest PITA for work orders? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just so were clear.
[right][snapback]177311[/snapback][/right]

Hell ya. Its allready going back to the dealor this Thursday LOL
hahaha i love how you guys attack because of the having fun spending money thing...

How many made fun of me because of the path I chose and said the exact same things to me.... tsk tsk...

Many paths in life. Many ways to get to many places. Hes living... more then I can say for most people on this board wether you like it or not... ;)

Flame away... I dont really care at all... just you guys are way way too quick to jump when id bet 90% arent happy with MANY aspects of their lives on here and dont do a god damn thing to change them.

Again... ;)
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Mar 27 2006, 05: Wrote:hahaha i love how you guys attack because of the having fun spending money thing...

How many made fun of me because of the path I chose and said the exact same things to me.... tsk tsk...

Many paths in life. Many ways to get to many places. Hes living... more then I can say for most people on this board wether you like it or not... ;)

Flame away... I dont really care at all... just you guys are way way too quick to jump when id bet 90% arent happy with MANY aspects of their lives on here and dont do a god damn thing to change them.

Again... ;)
[right][snapback]177323[/snapback][/right]
a little high and mightyish for a guy still living at home.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.