Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Svtoa On Track
Quote:SVTOA says that they are trying to make sure there is a Ford GT at every on track event this year. Now I'd would pay good money to for a ride in that around the track with a pro driver.

Yeah, I hope it comes out. I need some competition. B)

Seriously....

I plan on being there Saturday as long as I finish my intercooler pump install tonight. Otherwise I'll be there on Sunday. I'm running in the advanced group.

Tires are a little iffy, hope they hold together otherwise I'll have to run on the 712's.

BerinG: I don't recommend taking that thing out on track with a turbo unless you get some real brakes first. Carbo XP9's on solid rotors AT A MINIMUM. You really should get some bigger brakes if you're pushing any power.
It's near Belleville. NM.

Hope you guys have fun tho!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Rob, Have you ever taken the wrx on an autocross course? how do your times compare to the focus.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Let me clarify a bit on the definition of "lapping".

There is limited passing on the straightaways on the parts of the Nelson and Fabi course. But passing is almost a "privilege"...at the start, only those in the Advanced Class (such as P-51's class) will be able to do it. The Intermediate Class may allow for passing after the first real session. The Beginners will have to wait, but will eventually have to learn to pass. So, overall, you don't have to worry about some a-hole tailgating your slow SVTF 3-door, or having to sleep behind grampa at the wheel of his RX-7.

From what I understand (and I may be wrong in this) is that any time you use the word "lapping" in an event means you are racing or in a timed event. Then, you raise a lot of eyebrows, especially from your insurance company. And you wonder why some of the veterans in those events cover their license plates ;)

Everyone is welcome to watch our event on both days -- SPECTATORS ARE FREE! The event will start at about 8am in the morning of each day (including in-classroom training and then running). If you decide you want to participate, we can work out registration on the spot (if you want an idea of the costs, just look at our website: http://www.svtoaontrack.ca ).

Anyhow, hope to see some of you there (I'll be leaving in 7 hours to setup). We've got a great split of Canadians and Americans, as well as a nice range of vehicles. Just look for my car and me running around like a madman.

PS> Oh...and as for the rides, I heard the Shelby GT500 was already booked...but there should be two Cobra R's on the trailer (1996 and 2000). Plus, whatever the engineers and people from Ford bring B)
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
I've never taken the WRX on track or on an autocross course. But my Focus would destroy it now. The WRX is much softer, laggier, and heavier. The Focus has a huge advantage on an autocross course because it's got huge low-rpm pull compared to the WRX. 2nd gear in the WRX is too tall for some slow corners, and it's impossible to shift to 1st while moving. So you get stuck in this zone where you wanna break out the spurs and give it a good kick...

For the record, I have very little emotional attachment to the WRX. It's an awesome high speed all-weather commuter. But it isn't even remotely as fun to drive as my Focus.

Rich, "Lapping" does not mean racing or timing. Most lapping events are not timed. In some it is outright forbidden. I forget where, but I've been to a lapping event where they said if they catch you with ANY timing equipment, you'll be kicked out.

The SVTOA is a driver's education event. This means it focuses heavily on instruction, with more controlled passing, etc. Lapping is basically the same, just no instructors.

"Time Attack" or Solo 1 is the only time it's even remotely a competition.

Oh, and it looks like I'll be going on SUNDAY, not Saturday. Finished the intercooler install, but didn't have time to pack the car last night.
for brakes well.. i dont have anything extravagent but I have brembo replacements with Hawks hps and russell ss lines and 600*degree brake fluid.. I know its not anything "special" but I used to lap with stock brakes and they did fine in 15-20 minute sessions.. i mean i've only been to one not so big course.. maybe at shannonville and with those longer stretch and the turbo.. might be more useful there for sure..

bigger brakes.. bigger wheels.. i thought of doing rear svt brakes but too much trouble and pricey for the gains..

lapping: i also heard the same thing.. lapping only being going around.. no timed devices, i thought that was the point
ZX3T gone..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svtoa Canadian Regional On Track Event NefCanuck 11 3,524 07-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Gabriel
  Svtoa On Track Corral - July 28th @ Dunnville GapBoyPCS 0 1,079 07-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: GapBoyPCS