Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toronto/gta Dyno Day
i was just thinking about it, it makes me mad that a shop like this isn't willing to work something out.

**RANT**
Steeda, if you are reading this.....
Thanks to Steeda for reconsidering the price. :)

**/RANT**
i'm in for surez, been waiting for a dynoday for ages...
Ok, a little birdy tells me that if we can get more then 10 people signed up, then we might get a price break....

I might suggest to Kevin to collect money? Especially if we want to make sure that we get the price break so that people don't back out, and if they do back out, we have their money...

how bout it?
Collecting money in advance will be a PITA, because providing Kevin's alright with it, we'll need to have a 3% surcharge to cover PayPal fees. Then, he'll need to do a massive withdrawal and make a separate trip just to reserve it.

If we have plenty of people who are definitely coming down, and they re-voice their commital 24 hours beforehand, that should be enough for anyone.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Here is the deal, 10 days prior to the dyno people can paypal me their money, at the dyno if there is internet access or the day after the dyno I will "refund" the payment back to you.

If you then don't show you'll loose out on a portion of your money(not the whole part I can't be that mean)

How if you don't have paypal, you can send me a personal cheque, you can start doing this as soon as you like as it takes a while. If you do it this way you don't need to pay a dime at the dyno because I will cover you.

Kevin Trommeshauser
203 Hallett Ave
Whitby, ON
L1N 5K9

* Please send me your screen name and license plate # of car you are going to dyno when payments are sent.

I'm an honest guy so don't worry about me running off with the money.
hardk0re,Jun 27 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:I'm an honest guy so don't worry about me running off with the money.
[right][snapback]117852[/snapback][/right]

hmm, interesting business plan... dyno day event coordinator / thief - gonna have to come up with a great business card :ph34r: :P

Sounds great Kevin B)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
I'll be in for a Dyno. But I have to jet back to North Bay at 2:00pm for a wedding at 6:00pm.

If the dyno gets full before 2:00pm, I'll have to pass on the Dyno and be a spectator.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Ok, so $51.5 by paypal if we get over 10 people, that's good. I'll of course pay you cash.. :)
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 27 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:I'll be in for a Dyno.  But I have to jet back to North Bay at 2:00pm for a wedding at 6:00pm.

If the dyno gets full before 2:00pm, I'll have to pass on the Dyno and be a spectator.
[right][snapback]117867[/snapback][/right]

What wedding is this? :huh: Call my extension f00!

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 27 2005, 01:46 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 27 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:I'll be in for a Dyno.  But I have to jet back to North Bay at 2:00pm for a wedding at 6:00pm.

[right][snapback]117867[/snapback][/right]

What wedding is this? :huh: Call my extension f00!
[right][snapback]117871[/snapback][/right]

Arg. Why do I have to do all the work around here. :P

Edit: Asswipe... get off your phone. Don't make me come down there. :ph34r:

Edit 2: That does it, i'm coming to kick your butt phonewhore.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Do you have to have the license plate number?
The focus might be going for a dyno, but it might be another car that is not in my possession yet.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
scoobasteve,Jun 20 2005, 08:05 PM Wrote:i'll be a conditional in....  (something might come up)
[right][snapback]115705[/snapback][/right]

<_< im in the same boat
sonic blue svt on windsheild blue neon Brullen cat back 2.5" spec stage 3 plus clutch aluminum flywheel steeda sts 157 whp
I don't really need a plate #, just a screen name is fine. I just wanted to eliminate confusion :)
hardk0re,Jun 28 2005, 12:28 AM Wrote:I don't really need a plate #, just a screen name is fine.  I just wanted to eliminate confusion :)
[right][snapback]118035[/snapback][/right]

So we're down to $51.50 after a sweet price break and that includes the 3% for Paypal fees?

I'll Paypal you after Thursday, Kevin. :)

No can do on that day. I'm already booked up in Shannonville that weekend (August 5th to 7th) making sure SVT's don't break :D

Dyno-ing shouldn't be that bad, for all the new folks. I did it on my car last year (I think) with over 100,000 km on it. Still pulled about 100 hp at the wheels...stock.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
say i don't want to paypal, can i just bring the cash in on the day of the dyno? and will that include 3% deduction for paypal fee's?
I'm pretty sure they want to do paypal so they can gaurantee you're going to show. so the pricebreak is still in effect.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Here ya go SLIP

hardk0re,Jun 27 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:However if you don't have paypal, you can send me a personal cheque, you can start doing this as soon as you like as it takes a while.  If you do it this way you don't need to pay a dime at the dyno because I will cover you.

Kevin Trommeshauser
203 Hallett Ave
Whitby, ON
L1N 5K9

* Please send me your screen name and license plate # of car you are going to dyno when payments are sent.
[right][snapback]117852[/snapback][/right]
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
yea, i know that i can send a check and all, and i do have paypal, but why can't i just show up and pay...... i'm sure all you been reading the other posts about me wanting to goto a dyno day for the longest time, and since this is so far in advance, i'm sure to make time. but sorry for making it difficult for everyone (hardKore).... so i guess i will just use paypal. did anyone pay yet?
We would really just like 10 people to pre-pay so those that don't want a/f can get it at a rate of $50 as opposed to the $60. But there is nothing said that you can't just show up!

Pre-Paying is NOT a requirement!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toronto/gta Dyno Day hardk0re 117 43,312 05-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS
  Toronto/gta Dyno Day : October 2nd 2005 hardk0re 25 9,550 10-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Jays2000ZX3
  Toronto/gta Dyno Day And G2g - October 2nd 2005 hardk0re 19 6,741 09-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Last Post: hardk0re
  Toronto/gta Dyno Day - August 6th! hardk0re 18 6,284 08-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Toronto/ Gta Dyno Day hardk0re 25 8,126 06-20-2005, 03:06 AM
Last Post: SLIP STREAM SVT