Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Mp3 Head Unit
Hey Guys,

My ZTW does not have MP3 capability but I have located quite a few MP3 head units with 6cd changer. I'm curious if this will just plug right in and still keep the steering wheel mounted controls? I'm pretty confident it will but would like some confirmation from others before I go ahead and make a purchase.

One other thing, am I correct in assuming that the faux carbon fiber trim panel around the radio is just clipped in? I can just pop it off?

Thanks in advance
excalibur,May 1 2008, 07:45 PM Wrote:Hey Guys,

My ZTW does not have MP3 capability but I have located quite a few MP3 head units with 6cd changer. I'm curious if this will just plug right in and still keep the steering wheel mounted controls? I'm pretty confident it will but would like some confirmation from others before I go ahead and make a purchase. 

One other thing, am I correct in assuming that the faux carbon fiber trim panel around the radio is just clipped in?  I can just pop it off?

Thanks in advance
[right][snapback]263375[/snapback][/right]

Yep, just grab a Focus MP3 changer and pop 'er in, the steering wheel controls will work just fine (Did that upgrade back when I first bought my Focus in '05 because the '05 single disc unit at the time didn't do mp3's)

Yep, gentle pulling, start at the bottom and gently pull around, it'll pop right off...

NefCanuck
Thanks Nef :bowdown:
The best way to get the bezel out is to unclip the pocket insert down below it (pop it down and out) then reach up underneath and pop the bottom of the bezel from the inside.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aftermarket head unit in 2008 Krusty Driver 2 2,812 09-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: 03zx5
  head unit Jmountney1 6 4,422 05-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Jmountney1
  How To Go About Amp Hookup To Stock Unit? zx5power 38 9,591 12-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Last Post: zx5power